Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 07:08:06 AM »

Good morning, humps.
Morning Mayor T
Any fishing this week?
Not this week, hopefully next week.

Warden has liver tests and scan  today, she had to be there at 7:00 and will be there until about lunch time.
Which means you had to be there at 7:00 and will be there until lunch?  Or is she going this one alone?  I guess for scans there's no anesthetic, so she doesn't need a designated driver.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 07:09:26 AM »

Wow, page two already....didn't get there until noon yesterday.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 07:09:53 AM »

Morning Humps, It’s A JAMMING WEDNESDAY!

Coffee is hot and fresh, stop by for a cup.
Thanks for the coffee Dave. I have been busy as a
Morning BeeHiveBlue
Good morning Dave. School is wrapping up for my son and the warmer weather has begun to show some life. For now
Wow, they go for quite a while there, huh? My kids have been out since the Thursday after Memorial Day.
My kids are done at the end of this week. Except my daughter in high school finishes next Tuesday.
Sheesh!

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 07:10:28 AM »

Jammin' away on CI.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 07:11:51 AM »

Morning SCDave, SwitchOverTheBoilersRick, SchoolsOutForTheSummerDave, StillInSchoolTony.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 07:12:18 AM »

Good morning, 3rdDave.

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 07:12:31 AM »

Jammin' away on CI.
Really, who would have ever known that?

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 07:15:57 AM »

Good morning, humps.
Morning Mayor T
Any fishing this week?
Not this week, hopefully next week.

Warden has liver tests and scan  today, she had to be there at 7:00 and will be there until about lunch time.
Which means you had to be there at 7:00 and will be there until lunch?  Or is she going this one alone?  I guess for scans there's no anesthetic, so she doesn't need a designated driver.
Going it alone today.

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 07:16:45 AM »

Today is Wednesday, June 19, the 170th day of 2019. There are 195 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 19, 1865, Union troops arrived in Galveston, Texas, with news that the Civil War was over, and that all remaining slaves in Texas were free — an event celebrated to this day as "Juneteenth."

On this date:
In 1775, George Washington was commissioned by the Continental Congress as commander in chief of the Continental Army.
In 1868, "Tales from the Vienna Woods," a waltz by Johann Strauss "the Younger," was first publicly performed by Strauss' orchestra.
In 1917, during World War I, King George V ordered the British royal family to dispense with German titles and surnames; the family took the name "Windsor."
In 1934, the Federal Communications Commission was created; it replaced the Federal Radio Commission.
In 1938, four dozen people were killed when a railroad bridge in Montana collapsed, sending a train known as the Olympian hurtling into Custer Creek.
In 1944, during World War II, the two-day Battle of the Philippine Sea began, resulting in a decisive victory for the Americans over the Japanese.
In 1952, the U.S. Army Special Forces, the elite unit of fighters known as the Green Berets, was established at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The celebrity-panel game show "I've Got A Secret" debuted on CBS-TV.
In 1953, Julius Rosenberg, 35, and his wife, Ethel, 37, convicted of conspiring to pass U.S. atomic secrets to the Soviet Union, were executed at Sing Sing Prison in Ossining, New York.
In 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was approved by the U.S. Senate, 73-27, after surviving a lengthy filibuster.
In 1987, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a Louisiana law requiring any public school teaching the theory of evolution to teach creation science as well.
In 2006, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice warned North Korea it would face consequences if it test-fired a missile thought to be powerful enough to reach the West Coast of the United States.
In 2017, Otto Warmbier a 22-year-old American college student died in a Cincinnati hospital following his release by North Korea in a coma after more than a year in captivity.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:14 AM »

According to an email I received from a local restaurant chain, today is National Martini Day.
Sure enough is, my mine a Gray Goose, dirty, 3 olives and straight up.  Shaken, Not Stirred!

NATIONAL MARTINI DAY

On June 19, shake up some gin and vermouth with some ice and add a lemon twist. It’s National Martini Day!

This adult beverage has grown to become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic drinks. A cocktail made with gin and vermouth, the martini is normally garnished with an olive or lemon twist.

James Bond, the fictional spy, sometimes asked for his vodka martinis to be “shaken, not stirred.”

Some people prefer to have their martinis served “on the rocks”, which is the ingredients poured over ice cubes and served in an old-fashioned glass.

Dirty martini – Martini with a splash of olive brine or olive juice and is typically garnished with an olive.

Over the years, the traditional martini has had a number of variations added to it and other flavors have evolved such as the cosmopolitan, chocolatini or appletini.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Mix your favorite martini and drink responsibly.  Use #NationalMartiniDay to share on social media.

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:34 AM »

Morning Humps, It’s A JAMMING WEDNESDAY!

Coffee is hot and fresh, stop by for a cup.
Thanks for the coffee Dave. I have been busy as a
Morning BeeHiveBlue
Good morning Dave. School is wrapping up for my son and the warmer weather has begun to show some life. For now
So you should at least have some boiler relief for a few months.

Going to get a little vacation in sometime?
I take a week in July and August but we run 24/7 365

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:35 AM »

Ten years ago: New York Times reporter David S. Rohde and Afghan reporter Tahir Ludin escaped from militant captors after more than seven months in captivity in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Texas billionaire R. Allen Stanford was indicted and jailed on charges his international banking empire was really just a Ponzi scheme built on lies, bluster and bribery. (Stanford was sentenced to 110 years in prison after being convicted of bilking investors in a $7.2 billion scheme that involved the sale of fraudulent certificates of deposits.)

Five years ago: President Barack Obama announced he was dispatching 300 U.S. military advisers to Iraq to help quell a rising insurgency. Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California won election as House majority leader as Republicans shuffled their leadership in the wake of Rep. Eric Cantor's primary defeat in Virginia. Gerry Goffin, 75, a prolific and multi-dimensional lyricist who with his then-wife and songwriter partner Carole King wrote such hits as "Will You Love Me Tomorrow," ''(You Make Me Feel Like) a Natural Woman," ''Up On The Roof," and "The Loco-Motion," died in Los Angeles.

One year ago: The United States said it was pulling out of the United Nations' Human Rights Council, a day after the U.N. human rights chief denounced the Trump administration for separating migrant children from their parents; U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley cited longstanding U.S. complaints that the council was biased against Israel. Koko, a western lowland gorilla who was taught sign language at an early age as a scientific test subject and eventually learned more than 1,000 words, died at the Gorilla Foundation's preserve in California's Santa Cruz mountains at the age of 46. New York mayor Bill de Blasio said as of Sept. 1, police would start issuing summonses to people caught smoking marijuana in public rather than arresting them.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 07:19:57 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Pop singer Tommy DeVito (The Four Seasons) is 91.
Actress Gena Rowlands is 89.
Hall of Fame race car driver Shirley Muldowney is 79.
Singer Elaine "Spanky" McFarlane (Spanky and Our Gang) is 77.
Nobel peace laureate Aung San Suu Kyi is 74.
Author Sir Salman Rushdie is 72.
Actress Phylicia Rashad is 71.
Rock singer Ann Wilson (Heart) is 69.
Musician Larry Dunn is 66.
Actress Kathleen Turner is 65.
Country singer Doug Stone is 63.
Singer Mark DeBarge is 60.
Singer-dancer-choreographer Paula Abdul is 57.
Actor Andy Lauer is 56.
Rock singer-musician Brian Vander Ark (Verve Pipe) is 55.
Actor Samuel West is 53.
Actress Mia Sara is 52.
TV personality Lara Spencer is 50.
Rock musician Brian "Head" Welch is 49.
Actor Jean Dujardin is 47.
Actress Robin Tunney is 47.
Actor Bumper Robinson is 45.
Actress Poppy Montgomery is 44.
Alt-country singer-musician Scott Avett (The Avett Brothers) is 43.
Actor Ryan Hurst is 43.
Actress Zoe Saldana is 41.
Former NBA star Dirk Nowitzki is 41.
Actor Neil Brown Jr. is 39.
Actress Lauren Lee Smith is 39.
Rapper Macklemore (Macklemore and Ryan Lewis) is 37.
Actor Paul Dano is 35.
New York Mets pitcher Jacob DeGrom is 31.
Actor Giacomo Gianniotti is 30.
Actor Chuku Modu (TV: "The Good Doctor") is 29.
Actor Atticus Shaffer is 21.

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 07:20:31 AM »

Thought for Today: "Exuberance is better than taste." — Gustave Flaubert, French author (1821-1880).

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 07:21:02 AM »

Morning SCDave, SwitchOverTheBoilersRick, SchoolsOutForTheSummerDave, StillInSchoolTony.
Good morning Guys. I'm leaving early to meet my buddy for golf.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7