Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2019, 08:34:29 AM »

A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. The disease is horrible, of course. But a cancer that aggressive probably wouldn't have had any better a result. I think I would prefer to go quickly.
If it had to happen in the first place then I definitely think that was the best thing for her.  I know I would certainly want it that way if it was me.  And it is a horrible thing any way it comes at you.
I'm hoping for a massive heart attack.  Second choice would be hit by a train.  Way down the list is having my balls squeezed until I bleed out.

😳

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2019, 08:48:01 AM »

Some solid PWing there DeanO.

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 08:50:10 AM »

Today is Wednesday, June 12, the 163rd day of 2019. There are 202 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 12, 2016, an American-born Muslim opened fire at the Pulse nightclub, a gay establishment in Orlando, Florida, leaving 49 people dead and 53 wounded before being shot dead by police.

On this date:
In 1665, England installed a municipal government in New York, formerly the Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam, and appointed its first mayor, Thomas Willett.
In 1776, Virginia's colonial legislature adopted a Declaration of Rights.
In 1939, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum was dedicated in Cooperstown, New York.
In 1942, Anne Frank, a German-born Jewish girl living in Amsterdam, received a diary for her 13th birthday, less than a month before she and her family went into hiding from the Nazis.
In 1963, civil rights leader Medgar Evers, 37, was shot and killed outside his home in Jackson, Mississippi. (In 1994, Byron De La Beckwith was convicted of murdering Evers and sentenced to life in prison; he died in 2001.)
In 1964, South African black nationalist Nelson Mandela was sentenced to life in prison along with seven other people, including Walter Sisulu, for committing sabotage against the apartheid regime (all were eventually released, Mandela in 1990).
In 1967, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Loving v. Virginia, unanimously struck down state laws prohibiting interracial marriages.
In 1978, David Berkowitz was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for each of the six "Son of Sam" .44-caliber killings that terrified New Yorkers.
In 1981, major league baseball players began a 49-day strike over the issue of free-agent compensation. (The season did not resume until Aug. 10.) "Raiders of the Lost Ark," directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, was first released.
In 1987, President Ronald Reagan, during a visit to the divided German city of Berlin, exhorted Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev to "tear down this wall."
In 1994, Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were slashed to death outside her Los Angeles home. (O.J. Simpson was later acquitted of the killings in a criminal trial, but was eventually held liable in a civil action.) Boeing's new 777 jetliner went on its first test flight.
In 2004, former President Ronald Reagan's body was sealed inside a tomb at his presidential library in Simi Valley, California, following a week of mourning and remembrance by world leaders and regular Americans.

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 08:50:14 AM »

It's absolutely gorgeous out today. I think this is my 5th coffee just because I need excuses to go out.

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »

Ten years ago: U.S. television stations ended analog broadcasts in favor of digital transmission. Congress approved legislation banning "light" or candy-flavored cigarettes and requiring tobacco companies to make bigger warning labels and run fewer ads. The U.N. Security Council imposed sanctions on North Korea for its second nuclear test. The Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Detroit Red Wings 2-1 to win the Stanley Cup in Game 7.

Five years ago: During a tightly controlled tour of a converted warehouse at Port Hueneme, California, a government official said the number of migrant children housed at the facility after they were caught entering the country illegally could more than triple to 575 by the following week. The World Cup opened in Brazil with the home team beating Croatia, 3-1, after a funky opening ceremony featuring Jennifer Lopez and dancers dressed as trees.

One year ago: After a five-hour summit in Singapore, President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed a joint statement agreeing to work toward a denuclearized Korean Peninsula, although the timeline and tactics were left unclear; Trump declared that he and Kim had developed "a very special bond." Republican Rep. Mark Sanford, a vocal critic of Donald Trump, lost his South Carolina congressional seat in a primary, hours after Trump tweeted that Sanford was "very unhelpful" and "nothing but trouble." Throngs of Golden State Warriors fans turned out for a second straight year to honor the NBA champions in a parade in downtown Oakland, California; in Washington, DC, the Stanley Cup champion Capitals were cheered by fans along Constitution Ave.

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 08:52:06 AM »

A bit more info about Our friend who died from brain cancer Sunday.  She was having unusual headaches so went to the doctor pretty quick and was diagnosed almost immediately with wide spread cancer throughout most of her brain, surgery or other treatments were not options and she lived about a month.
Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. The disease is horrible, of course. But a cancer that aggressive probably wouldn't have had any better a result. I think I would prefer to go quickly.
If it had to happen in the first place then I definitely think that was the best thing for her.  I know I would certainly want it that way if it was me.  And it is a horrible thing any way it comes at you.
I'm hoping for a massive heart attack.  Second choice would be hit by a train.  Way down the list is having my balls squeezed until I bleed out.
I may as well use your list.

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 08:52:49 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Songwriter Richard M. Sherman is 91.
Jazz musician Chick Corea is 78.
Sportscaster Marv Albert is 78.
Singer Roy Harper is 78. Pop singer Len Barry is 77.
Actor Roger Aaron Brown is 70.
Actress Sonia Manzano is 69.
Rock musician Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick) is 68.
Country singer-musician Junior Brown is 67.
Singer-songwriter Rocky Burnette is 66.
Actor Timothy Busfield is 62.
Singer Meredith Brooks is 61.
Actress Jenilee Harrison is 61.
Rock musician John Linnell (They Might Be Giants) is 60.
Actor John Enos is 57.
Rapper Grandmaster Dee (Whodini) is 57.
Actor Paul Schulze is 57.
Actor Eamonn Walker is 57.
Actress Paula Marshall is 55.
Actress Frances O'Connor is 52.
Rock musician Bardi Martin is 50.
Actor Rick Hoffman is 49.
Actor-comedian Finesse Mitchell is 47.
Actor Mel Rodriguez is 46.
Actor Jason Mewes is 45.
Actor Michael Muhney is 44.
Blues musician Kenny Wayne Shepherd is 42.
Actor Timothy Simons is 41.
Actor Wil Horneff is 40.
Singer Robyn is 40.
Rock singer-musician John Gourley (Portugal. The Man) is 38. Actor Dave Franco is 34.
Country singer Chris Young is 34.
Actor Luke Youngblood is 33.
Actor Ryan Malgarini is 27.

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 08:53:14 AM »

Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »

Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 08:58:39 AM »

Don't agree with a lot of his politics, but Jon Steward was dead on with his support for 9-11 responders...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jon-stewart-chokes-up-slams-lawmakers-at-hearing-on-911-first-responders-fund/

If you have time for the full presentation...

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/11/731706492/jon-stewart-blasts-lawmakers-in-hearing-for-sept-11-victim-compensation

Someone can actually shut up and shame a shameless congress.

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 08:59:01 AM »

Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:59 AM »

Don't agree with a lot of his politics, but Jon Steward was dead on with his support for 9-11 responders...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jon-stewart-chokes-up-slams-lawmakers-at-hearing-on-911-first-responders-fund/

If you have time for the full presentation...

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/11/731706492/jon-stewart-blasts-lawmakers-in-hearing-for-sept-11-victim-compensation

Someone can actually shut up and shame a shameless congress.
just saw the clip on Robin Meade.

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 09:07:19 AM »

Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D
CNS, there are too many TW...'s lurking there to pick.

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2019, 09:16:48 AM »

Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D
Dean's not afraid to explore the adventure inside her pants.

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »

Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English novelist (1819-1880).
Whatever.   ::)
Don't be afraid to explore the adventure inside of you.  ;D
Dean's not afraid to explore the adventure inside her pants.
Assuming they have pants on to start with.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8