Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
6/11/2019
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:00:04 AM »

It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:05:59 AM »

Survived another Deanday!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:08:10 AM »

No deals worth shakin' Ohio for.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/11/2019
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 03:26:45 AM »

Now for a late night true ghost story, brought to you by Alka-Selzer ....  Ghosts ....  Over the years, odd things have been happening in our house.  A few months ago around 11 p.m. at night, I was sitting at the kitchen table and I heard a noise come from behind me.  Not real loud, but a sharp slap noise.  I turned around, and sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor was an 8" plastic bowl, with its lid still sitting directly under it. It was sitting in the middle of the square 12" pattern of the floor tile.  The bowl was from a Chinese take out.  It had been sitting on top of our new washer.  I suppose the furnace may have kicked on, and blew if off of the washer where it had been sitting.  It was just very odd since the bowl and lid was approximately 4 foot from it's original location, and in the middle of the room.  The next day while standing in the kitchen, I was showing my wife what had happened.  I said, "After living in this house for 40 years, it would be nice to know who this ghost was...?"   We were going to make a late lunch at the time, so I turned to an upper kitchen cabinet that I've been in 1000's of times, to get a box of Au gratin potatoes.  As I took the box out, a small metal name plate fell out of the cabinet and into my hand.  It said, "Gary Price, and had our address, an old phone number Adams 3-0505, and Illinois was abbreviated as ILL., rather than IL as it is today."  I assume the construction company that built the house for the original owner, personalized each house with a name plate.  This happened only a minute or two right after I said, "I wish we knew who the ghost was..?"  Not always, but most of the time the strange phenomenons happen in the kitchen.   Pretty weird, huh...?

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 05:12:40 AM »

Busy night for Dad!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:15:03 AM »

Morning Sleepers, Coffee is hot and fresh.

Going Fishing this morning, heading out around 6:30.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 05:25:55 AM »

Morning Sleepers, Coffee is hot and fresh.

Going Fishing this morning, heading out around 6:30.
Have a great time Dave. I hope you have a wonderful day!

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 05:27:05 AM »

Morning Sleepers, Coffee is hot and fresh.

Going Fishing this morning, heading out around 6:30.
Have a great time Dave. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Morning Blue, rain could be an issue but we will give it our best try.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 05:35:22 AM »

More chilling cancer news this morning, learned last night that a good friend and neighbor of ours when we lived in Columbia, SC (2000-2005) passed away yesterday with brain cancer.  She was a year older than I am.  Her husband is a great BOTL.

RIP Debbie!

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 05:46:03 AM »

More chilling cancer news this morning, learned last night that a good friend and neighbor of ours when we lived in Columbia, SC (2000-2005) passed away yesterday with brain cancer.  She was a year older than I am.  Her husband is a great BOTL.

RIP Debbie!
This is too frequent a topic. Sorry for your loss, Dave.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 05:46:33 AM »

Good morning, Dave and Rick.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 05:52:36 AM »

Weather may put a hold on fishing for today, 85% chance of thunderstorms mid morning.  Don’t mind a little rain but I do mind thunderstorms.

Of course the forecast yesterday evening was nothing like the one now.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 05:54:28 AM »

More chilling cancer news this morning, learned last night that a good friend and neighbor of ours when we lived in Columbia, SC (2000-2005) passed away yesterday with brain cancer.  She was a year older than I am.  Her husband is a great BOTL.

RIP Debbie!
This is too frequent a topic. Sorry for your loss, Dave.
Too frequent for sure, thanks Tony.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 05:54:46 AM »

Good morning, Dave and Rick.
Morning Mayor T

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 05:59:37 AM »

No deals worth shakin' Ohio for.
I haven't most of the Caldwell sticks, but that seemed like a decent deal at the sis.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7