Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 06:11:22 AM »

Weather may put a hold on fishing for today, 85% chance of thunderstorms mid morning.  Don’t mind a little rain but I do mind thunderstorms.

Of course the forecast yesterday evening was nothing like the one now.
The good thing is that rescheduling shouldn't be a big issue since you're not working.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 06:12:09 AM »

No deals worth shakin' Ohio for.
I haven't most of the Caldwell sticks, but that seemed like a decent deal at the sis.
Good morning, LTG.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 06:27:48 AM »

No deals worth shakin' Ohio for.
I haven't most of the Caldwell sticks, but that seemed like a decent deal at the sis.
Good morning, LTG.
Haven't *had*, that should say. Morning, Tony.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 06:33:33 AM »

Weather may put a hold on fishing for today, 85% chance of thunderstorms mid morning.  Don’t mind a little rain but I do mind thunderstorms.

Of course the forecast yesterday evening was nothing like the one now.
The good thing is that rescheduling shouldn't be a big issue since you're not working.
Everyday Is Saturday!

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 06:34:31 AM »

Heading down to the boat in case the weatherman missed, I can always have a cigar with the guys at the marina.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 07:10:35 AM »

No deals worth shakin' Ohio for.
I haven't most of the Caldwell sticks, but that seemed like a decent deal at the sis.
With a few exceptions I find them overhyped and overpriced.  Caldwell came on with a ton of releases trying to establish himself as another Tat or Illusione with a whole lot of glitz and not reputation.  Not impressed.

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 07:11:22 AM »

Weather may put a hold on fishing for today, 85% chance of thunderstorms mid morning.  Don’t mind a little rain but I do mind thunderstorms.

Of course the forecast yesterday evening was nothing like the one now.
The good thing is that rescheduling shouldn't be a big issue since you're not working.
Unless you were trying to reschedule with Tony.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 07:12:46 AM »

Morning OysterFlatsDave, TremorsDave, BoilerRick and TimelineTony.

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 07:12:59 AM »

No deals worth shakin' Ohio for.
I haven't most of the Caldwell sticks, but that seemed like a decent deal at the sis.
With a few exceptions I find them overhyped and overpriced.  Caldwell came on with a ton of releases trying to establish himself as another Tat or Illusione with a whole lot of glitz and not reputation.  Not impressed.
I agree. The T is decent but I suspect that's got little to do with Caldwell.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2019, 07:13:07 AM »

No deals worth shakin' Ohio for.
I haven't most of the Caldwell sticks, but that seemed like a decent deal at the sis.
With a few exceptions I find them overhyped and overpriced.  Caldwell came on with a ton of releases trying to establish himself as another Tat or Illusione with a whole lot of glitz and not reputation.  Not impressed.
What he said.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 07:14:49 AM »

Morning Dave, Dave, Dave, Rick, and Mayor T.  Real nice day weatherwise in store here, only 67 deg now, up to 84 with lower humidity.  Have to head to an appt in a bit, think I'll take the bike.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2019, 07:15:06 AM »

Good morning, NJDave and Mark.

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2019, 07:15:24 AM »

Today is Tuesday, June 11, the 162nd day of 2019. There are 203 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 11, 2001, Timothy McVeigh, 33, was executed by injection at the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana, for the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that killed 168 people.

On this date:
In 1770, Captain James Cook, commander of the British ship Endeavour, "discovered" the Great Barrier Reef off Australia by running onto it.
In 1776, the Continental Congress formed a committee to draft a Declaration of Independence calling for freedom from Britain.
In 1942, the United States and the Soviet Union signed a lend-lease agreement to aid the Soviet war effort in World War II.
In 1947, the government announced the end of sugar rationing for households and "institutional users" (e.g., restaurants and hotels) as of midnight.
In 1955, in motor racing's worst disaster, more than 80 people were killed during the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France when two of the cars collided and crashed into spectators.
In 1962, three prisoners at Alcatraz in San Francisco Bay staged an escape, leaving the island on a makeshift raft; they were never found or heard from again.
In 1970, the United States presence in Libya came to an end as the last detachment left Wheelus Air Base. (The anniversary of this event is celebrated as a holiday in Libya.)
In 1978, Joseph Freeman Jr. became the first black priest ordained in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
In 1985, Karen Ann Quinlan, the comatose patient whose case prompted a historic right-to-die court decision, died in Morris Plains, New Jersey, at age 31.
In 1986, the John Hughes comedy "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," starring Matthew Broderick, was released by Paramount Pictures.
In 1987, Margaret Thatcher became the first British prime minister in 160 years to win a third consecutive term of office as her Conservatives held onto a reduced majority in Parliament.
In 1993, the U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that people who commit "hate crimes" motivated by bigotry may be sentenced to extra punishment; the court also ruled religious groups had a constitutional right to sacrifice animals in worship services. The Steven Spielberg science-fiction film "Jurassic Park" opened in wide release two days after its world premiere in Washington, D.C.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 07:16:32 AM »

Ten years ago: With swine flu reported in more than 70 nations, the World Health Organization declared the first global flu pandemic in 41 years. The NCAA placed Alabama's football program and 15 other of the school's athletic teams on three years' probation for major violations due to misuse of free textbooks, stripping the Crimson Tide of 21 football wins over a three-year period.

Five years ago: During a Capitol Hill hearing, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel aggressively defended the secret prisoner exchange of five Taliban detainees for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, telling Congress that the risks were too great and the situation too uncertain for the administration to tell lawmakers about the plan. Acclaimed actress and civil rights activist Ruby Dee, 91, died in New Rochelle, New York.

One year ago: U.S. and North Korean officials met at a hotel in Singapore to negotiate on the eve of the first summit between a U.S. president and a North Korean leader. The Supreme Court ruled that states can target people who haven't cast ballots in a while in efforts to purge their voting rolls.

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 07:18:17 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Former U.S. Rep. Charles B. Rangel, D-N.Y., is 89.
Comedian Johnny Brown is 82.
International Motorsports Hall of Famer Jackie Stewart is 80.
Singer Joey Dee is 79.
Actor Roscoe Orman is 75.
Actress Adrienne Barbeau is 74.
Rock musician Frank Beard (ZZ Top) is 70.
Animal rights activist Ingrid Newkirk is 70.
Rock singer Donnie Van Zant is 67.
Actor Peter Bergman is 66.
Pro Football Hall of Famer Joe Montana is 63.
Actor Hugh Laurie is 60.
TV personality Mehmet Oz, M.D., is 59.
Singer Gioia (JOY'-ah) Bruno (Expose) is 56.
Rock musician Dan Lavery (Tonic) is 53.
Country singer-songwriter Bruce Robison is 53.
Actress Clare Carey is 52.
Actor Peter Dinklage is 50.
Country musician Smilin' Jay McDowell is 50.
Actor Lenny Jacobson is 45.
Rock musician Tai Anderson (Third Day) is 43.
Actor Joshua Jackson is 41.
Americana musician Gabe Witcher (Punch Brothers) is 41.
Christian rock musician Ryan Shrout is 39.
Actor Shia LaBeouf (SHY'-uh luh-BUF') is 33.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7