Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2019, 04:07:24 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
which makes it all the more i.pressive that Alex Trabek seems to be doing so well.
That really is pretty amazing

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2019, 04:08:32 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
Didn't that take both Patrick Swayze and Steve Jobs?

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2019, 04:11:10 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
Didn't that take both Patrick Swayze and Steve Jobs?
Yes, but I had to look up Swayze

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
Much appreciated. She was a most pleasant woman who was widowed about a decade ago by her husband's battle with the same ailment.

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2019, 06:15:36 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
Much appreciated. She was a most pleasant woman who was widowed about a decade ago by her husband's battle with the same ailment.
That's awfully coincidental.  Same form of cancer, that is.

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
Much appreciated. She was a most pleasant woman who was widowed about a decade ago by her husband's battle with the same ailment.
That's awfully coincidental.  Same form of cancer, that is.
Yep, both pancreatic. I didn't know her back then. She was only diagnosed 2 months ago.

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2019, 06:23:50 PM »

@ Bean - I just read that Hut’s Hamburgers is closing down, been in business 80 years.  I used to eat 5gere about once a month when I worked downtown.

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2019, 06:28:43 PM »

@ Bean - I just read that Hut’s Hamburgers is closing down, been in business 80 years.  I used to eat 5gere about once a month when I worked downtown.
Yeah, saw that.  Going the way of many long time Austin institutions.  Not high-end enough for that neighborhood any longer.
"Reached by phone later June 10, Hutchinson said he was ready to move on after nearly four decades. He added that he has a good relationship with his landlord, the Joseph family, but that business has dropped by 30 to 40 percent in the past 10 years."

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
Much appreciated. She was a most pleasant woman who was widowed about a decade ago by her husband's battle with the same ailment.
That's awfully coincidental.  Same form of cancer, that is.
Yep, both pancreatic. I didn't know her back then. She was only diagnosed 2 months ago.
That's one of the other problems with pancreatic...mostly asymptomatic, so by the time you have something to complain about, you're in to stage 4.

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »

Surprised we actually got to page 5 today.

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2019, 10:18:50 PM »

Surprised we actually got to page 5 today.
Me too.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]