CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 6/10/2019  (Read 4350 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/10/2019
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »

Good morning / afternoon Tobacco Bugs...  We tried the Coffee - Community Coffee & Chicory Ground Coffee 12 oz.  It is stronger than the breakfast blends that we normally drink.  The creamer in the coffee looked very dark tan rather then the light golden tan, so I guess because of the strength..?  I must say, I did like it.  Not something I'd drink every day, but nice every once in awhile to give ya a good jolt..!  So again, I cutting grass.  Actually, my wife took over so I can use the computer...  That's all I know at the moment..!
Generally, the darker the roast, the less caffeine. Therefore, if you're looking for that jolt, go with a lighter roast.

How was the blueberry one?
The $4.94   Coffee - New England Coffee Blueberry Cobbler, 11 oz. was very good.  My wife really liked it.  The reason I tried it was due to a pipe tobacco review for a berry flavored tobacco.  The guy said this coffee went great with Ole Shenandoah Summer Berry, so I bought the coffee and a tin of the tobacco, but I haven't tried the tobacco yet...  But the coffee is very good, just not an every day coffee for me.  Allot of good reviews.  I got it on line at Walmart...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »

Good morning / afternoon Tobacco Bugs...  We tried the Coffee - Community Coffee & Chicory Ground Coffee 12 oz.  It is stronger than the breakfast blends that we normally drink.  The creamer in the coffee looked very dark tan rather then the light golden tan, so I guess because of the strength..?  I must say, I did like it.  Not something I'd drink every day, but nice every once in awhile to give ya a good jolt..!  So again, I cutting grass.  Actually, my wife took over so I can use the computer...  That's all I know at the moment..!
Generally, the darker the roast, the less caffeine. Therefore, if you're looking for that jolt, go with a lighter roast.

How was the blueberry one?
The $4.94Coffee - New England Coffee Blueberry Cobbler, 11 oz. was very good.  My wife really liked it.  The reason I tried it was due to a pipe tobacco review for a berry flavored tobacco.  The guy said this coffee went great with Ole Shenandoah Summer Berry, so I bought the coffee and a tin of the tobacco, but I haven't tried the tobacco yet...  But the coffee is very good, just not an every day coffee for me.  Allot of good reviews.  I got it on line at Walmart...
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2019, 01:05:10 PM »

Kids have a dentist appt today, so I'm hazzuhing early. See youse guys tomorrow.
Later, Dave.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2019, 01:09:33 PM »

Kids have a dentist appt today, so I'm hazzuhing early. See youse guys tomorrow.
Later, Dave.
Later man...  It' back to grass cutting for me.....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2019, 01:17:39 PM »

You didn't do half a day's work here yet.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »

Later, Dave.
I thought the little lady was picking that up for you.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »

Later, Dave.
I thought the little lady was picking that up for you.
Must be too many acres for one person to do.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »

FDNY Responding to Helicopter Crash Into Midtown Manhattan High-Rise

The FDNY is responding to a helicopter crash into the roof of a 54-story office building in midtown Manhattan, law enforcement officials tell News 4.

A report of the crash at the AXA Equitable Center on Seventh Avenue and West 49th Street came in shortly before 2 p.m. No other details were immediately available.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »

The FDNY is responding to a helicopter crash into the roof of a 54-story office building in midtown Manhattan, law enforcement officials tell News 4.

A report of the crash at the AXA Equitable Center on Seventh Avenue and West 49th Street came in shortly before 2 p.m. No other details were immediately available.
I know people who work there.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2019, 02:33:35 PM »

Now they are calling it a “hard landing” on the roof with one known injury so probably not near as bad as first reported.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »

I have another building on 58th that they can land as hard as they want on...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2019, 03:32:43 PM »

Now they are calling it a “hard landing” on the roof with one known injury so probably not near as bad as first reported.
The one death was the pilot.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2019, 03:46:49 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2019, 03:59:36 PM »

Since we're all doom and gloom already, one of my colleagues passed away from pancreatic cancer this weekend. Elvira Buban will be sorely missed.
A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2019, 04:06:14 PM »

A very non-forgiving cancer, sorry you lost a good friend.
which makes it all the more i.pressive that Alex Trabek seems to be doing so well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5