CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 6/8/2019  (Read 2983 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
6/8/2019
« on: June 08, 2019, 12:03:22 AM »

What's up cigar enthusiasts?!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 6/8/2019
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 04:59:38 AM »

Coffee and cigar kinda morning. Beautiful day on tap besides the working part.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 05:38:19 AM »

Morning Blue, at least you are off to a good start.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 05:39:31 AM »

Morning Slackers, Fresh Hot Coffee is ready.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 05:54:57 AM »

Morning Blue, at least you are off to a good start.
Good morning Dave. Connecticut and coffee. I would rather be on the golf course but hopefully get outta work and home before noon

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 06:00:05 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 06:05:47 AM »

The fourth Mega Millions jackpot of 2019 was won on Friday night, as a single winning ticket, sold in California, matched all six numbers drawn to win the estimated jackpot of $530 million ($345.2 million cash). It’s the largest jackpot won since the incredible $1.5 billion jackpot last October, and the seventh largest in the history of the game! The winning numbers for June 7 are the white balls 17, 19, 27, 40 and 68, plus the gold Mega Ball 2.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 06:06:00 AM »

Morning Mayor

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 06:07:56 AM »

The fourth Mega Millions jackpot of 2019 was won on Friday night, as a single winning ticket, sold in California, matched all six numbers drawn to win the estimated jackpot of $530 million ($345.2 million cash). It’s the largest jackpot won since the incredible $1.5 billion jackpot last October, and the seventh largest in the history of the game! The winning numbers for June 7 are the white balls 17, 19, 27, 40 and 68, plus the gold Mega Ball 2.
Dang it. But I prayed so hard.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 06:30:10 AM »

Good morning Tony. How are you doing?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 06:32:59 AM »

Dang it. But I prayed so hard.
We must have cancelled each other out.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2019, 06:33:43 AM »

Morning KeepinEmHumminRick, SCDave and Mr. Mayor.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 06:36:53 AM »

Morning KeepinEmHumminRick, SCDave and Mr. Mayor.
Morning UpStateDave, you are up early this morning.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 06:40:54 AM »

Today is Saturday, June 8, the 159th day of 2019. There are 206 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 8, 1968, authorities announced the capture in London of James Earl Ray, the suspected assassin of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

On this date:
In A.D. 632, the prophet Muhammad died in Medina.
In 1845, Andrew Jackson, seventh president of the United States, died in Nashville, Tennessee.
In 1920, the Republican National Convention opened in Chicago; its delegates ended up nominating Warren G. Harding for president.
In 1939, Britain's King George VI and his consort, Queen Elizabeth, arrived in Washington, D.C., where they were received at the White House by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
In 1948, the "Texaco Star Theater" made its debut on NBC-TV with Milton Berle guest-hosting the first program. (Berle was later named the show's permanent host.)
In 1966, a merger was announced between the National and American Football Leagues, to take effect in 1970.
In 1967, during the six-day Middle East war, 34 American servicemen were killed when Israel attacked the USS Liberty, a Navy intelligence-gathering ship in the Mediterranean Sea. (Israel later said the Liberty had been mistaken for an Egyptian vessel.)
In 1978, a jury in Clark County, Nevada, ruled the so-called "Mormon will," purportedly written by the late billionaire Howard Hughes, was a forgery.
In 1995, U.S. Marines rescued Capt. Scott O'Grady, whose F-16C fighter jet had been shot down by Bosnian Serbs on June 2. Mickey Mantle received a liver transplant at a Dallas hospital; however, the baseball great died two months later.
In 1998, the National Rifle Association elected actor Charlton Heston to be its president.
In 2003, frustrated and angry over delays, a coalition of the nation's mayors meeting in Denver asked federal officials to bypass state governments and give them the money they needed to beef up homeland security.
In 2017, former FBI Director James Comey, testifying before Congress, asserted that President Donald Trump fired him to interfere with his investigation of Russia's ties to the Trump campaign.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 06:42:00 AM »

Ten years ago: North Korea's highest court sentenced American journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee to 12 years' hard labor for trespassing and "hostile acts." (The women were pardoned in early August 2009 after a trip to Pyongyang by former President Bill Clinton.) Omar Bongo, 73, the world's longest-serving president who'd ruled Gabon for 42 years, died at a Spanish hospital.

Five years ago: Gunmen stormed an airport terminal in Karachi, Pakistan, in an attack that left at least 29 people dead, including the assailants (the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility). A married couple shot and killed two Las Vegas police officers and an armed bystander who attempted to intervene; the couple then took their own lives. Pope Francis welcomed the Israeli and Palestinian presidents to the Vatican for a remarkable evening of peace prayers. Rafael Nadal won the French Open title for the ninth time, and the fifth time in a row, by beating Novak Djokovic 3-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4.

One year ago: President Donald Trump joined longtime U.S. allies at the Group of Seven summit in Canada after insisting that the other countries "have been taking advantage of the United States on trade;" Trump also said Russia should be brought back into the group. Special counsel Robert Mueller brought new obstruction charges against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and a longtime associate, Konstantin Kilimnik, who prosecutors said had ties to Russian intelligence. Celebrity chef, author and CNN host Anthony Bourdain was found dead in his hotel room in eastern France in what authorities determined was a suicide. Two months after they were criticized for arresting two black men waiting for a colleague at a Starbucks, Philadelphia police announced a new policy on how to confront people accused of trespassing on private property. The Golden State Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 108-85, in Game 4 of the NBA finals to complete a sweep; it was their second straight title and third in four years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4