Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 6/5/2019  (Read 537 times)

Threebean

  • Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • 'Murica!
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2019, 02:10:47 PM »

Now I get to go to parents and talk to them about retirement home.  The fun never ends!
Good luck with that one. Honestly!
Maybe they'll surprise him and be happy to go, since their baby is moving away.
I tried it with my Parents to consider downsizing. It did not go over well to say the least. It was pretty bad.
In my experience it takes some significant loss of ADL function for old folks to throw in the towel on continued independent living.  Even then they are visited by regret for doing so.
Logged

LuvTooGolf

  • Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Believeland!
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2019, 02:17:26 PM »

Hazzuh!
Logged

Threebean

  • Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • 'Murica!
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2019, 03:04:59 PM »

Man cave with Laranja and coffee
Logged

FloridaDean

  • Fondling Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • nothing better than naked women.
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2019, 03:21:13 PM »

rained out. everybody and everything soaked. nobody out of the four of us put the windows up in our vehicles.
Logged

Threebean

  • Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • 'Murica!
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2019, 03:29:28 PM »

rained out. everybody and everything soaked. nobody out of the four of us put the windows up in our vehicles.
Our 80% rain chance today turned into enough to wet the streets.  Par for the course (pun intended).
Logged

FloridaDean

  • Fondling Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • nothing better than naked women.
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2019, 04:25:17 PM »

rained out. everybody and everything soaked. nobody out of the four of us put the windows up in our vehicles.
Our 80% rain chance today turned into enough to wet the streets.  Par for the course (pun intended).
we had a 30% chance after 4pm.
Logged

bluecollar

  • Doodyful Member
  • BotL Status
  • ***
  • Living The Dream!
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2019, 04:32:06 PM »

Raining here. Same story for last 10 weeks or so
Logged

A Friend of Charlie

  • Founding Member
  • Venerated Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2019, 05:01:56 PM »

rained out. everybody and everything soaked. nobody out of the four of us put the windows up in our vehicles.
Well you finally got that rain you wanted.
Logged

South Carolina Redfish

  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »

Now I get to go to parents and talk to them about retirement home.  The fun never ends!
Good luck with that one. Honestly!
Maybe they'll surprise him and be happy to go, since their baby is moving away.
I tried it with my Parents to consider downsizing. It did not go over well to say the least. It was pretty bad.
In my experience it takes some significant loss of ADL function for old folks to throw in the towel on continued independent living.  Even then they are visited by regret for doing so.
It can be a very difficult undertaking for both sides, usually becomes a heartbreaking experience.

Been there 2 times and you certainly have my best wishes.
Logged

South Carolina Redfish

  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »

Light showers here but nothing significant
Logged

South Carolina Redfish

  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2019, 06:24:50 PM »

Pizza for dinner here
Logged

Travellin Dave

  • Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • 2sDay
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2019, 10:38:34 PM »

rained out. everybody and everything soaked. nobody out of the four of us put the windows up in our vehicles.
Our 80% rain chance today turned into enough to wet the streets.  Par for the course (pun intended).
You're pretty funny there...
Logged

Travellin Dave

  • Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • 2sDay
Re: 6/5/2019
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »

Light showers here but nothing significant
Upstate got a little, but just that in almost four weeks...
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]