Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 07:14:36 AM »

Ten years ago: Scott Roeder, an anti-abortion activist, was charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of late-term abortion provider Dr. George Tiller in Wichita, Kansas. (Roeder was later convicted and sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole for 50 years.) Chicago police officer Anthony Abbate (ah-BAHT'-ee) was convicted of committing aggravated battery against Karolina Obrycka (ob-RY'-kah), a bartender half his size, after she'd refused to serve him more drinks; Abbate received probation.

Five years ago: Spain's King Juan Carlos, who'd led the transition from dictatorship to democracy but faced damaging scandals amid a financial meltdown, announced he would abdicate in favor of his more popular son Felipe.

One year ago: Bare-knuckle boxing matches took place in front of 2,000 rowdy fans at a hockey rink in Cheyenne, Wyoming; the event, promoted as the first legal, regulated and sanctioned bare-knuckle fight event in U.S. history, featured 10 bouts and was viewed by tens of thousands via pay-per-view.

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 07:18:09 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Actress-singer Sally Kellerman is 82.
Actor Ron Ely is 81.
Filmmaker and movie historian Kevin Brownlow is 81.
Actor Stacy Keach is 78.
Rock musician Charlie Watts is 78.
Actor Charles Haid is 76.
Rhythm and blues singer Chubby Tavares (Tavares) is 75.
Movie director Lasse (LAH'-suh) Hallstrom is 73.
Actor Jerry Mathers is 71.
Actress Joanna Gleason is 69.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman is 67.
Actor Dennis Haysbert is 65.
Comedian Dana Carvey is 64.
Actor Gary Grimes is 64.
Pop musician Michael Steele is 64.
Rock singer Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet) is 59.
Actor Liam Cunningham is 58.
Actor Navid Negahban is 55.
Singer Merril Bainbridge is 51.
TV personality-producer Andy Cohen ("The Real Housewives" TV franchise) is 51.
Rapper B-Real (Cypress Hill) is 49.
Actress Paula Cale is 49.
Actor Anthony Montgomery is 48.
Actor-comedian Wayne Brady is 47.
Actor Wentworth Miller is 47.
Rock musician Tim Rice-Oxley (Keane) is 43.
Actor Zachary Quinto is 42.
Actor Dominic Cooper is 41.
Actress Nikki Cox is 41.
Actor Justin Long is 41.
Actor Deon Richmond is 41.
Actress Morena Baccarin is 40.
Rhythm and blues singer Irish Grinstead (702) is 39.
Rock musician Fabrizio Moretti (The Strokes) is 39.
Olympic gold medal soccer player Abby Wambach is 39.
Country singer Dan Cahoon (Marshall Dyllon) is 36.
Singer-songwriter ZZ Ward is 33.
Rapper/actress Awkwafina is 31.
Actress Brittany Curran is 29.
Actor Sterling Beaumon is 24.

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2019, 07:18:44 AM »

Thought for Today: "Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion." — Calvin Coolidge, American president (1872-1933).

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »

Happy Belated birthday Dave.

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2019, 07:25:23 AM »

Happy Belated birthday Dave.
Thank You!

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2019, 07:26:20 AM »

Good morning Dave, Dave, and Dean. Chillers have started for the year but nothing is running but the chapel boiler. Still making mechanical rounds

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2019, 07:27:56 AM »

Gonna have breakfast with the boy at Waffle House before he heads out to the links this morning.

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2019, 07:37:59 AM »

Gonna have breakfast with the boy at Waffle House before he heads out to the links this morning.
Good plan, when are you heading home

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2019, 07:46:13 AM »

Obit for a loon I went to school with but did not know very well.  One of the craziest obits I recall reading😀

Terry was born in Shreveport, Louisiana to Jacqueline Terry Greer and later adopted by his stepfather Joe Linton Greer. Terry was an immensely funny, creative, and wild man. Everyone would know he was around by his loud, unique laugh or the way he would yell curses about the most mundane stories. He was close to his grandparents, Roy and Mary "Sweet" Terry, and grew up adventuring on the farm with his grandfather which created a deep love for his land, animals, and the outdoors. He was a skillful artist and made a living as a master carpenter, eventually building a home for his family. He was a foodie before the term was popular and was an excellent cook. He also raised a lot of hell. He played the drums and always cranked up 70's rock n' roll. He was hit by a car, put in military school, and hitch-hiked from Louisiana to California. He married several times, crashed a motorcycle, collected guns, hated doctors, and loved booze. On his favorite mornings he watched the wildlife in his back field as the sun rose. He taught his daughters to dance to loud music, never take themselves too seriously, and never tolerate people who only want knock you down. He lived on the edge of the rules, fought inner demons, and loved as much as his big heart would allow until his death. If you ever met him, you would not forget. His wisdom and unique spirit will be deeply missed.

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »

Orange rolls with honey for a light breakfast this morning

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »

Bought one of the new San Lotano Dominicana Jochy and AJ cigars on Friday. May save it for Yankee game later.

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »

Had a great B’day, the weather was perfect for the boat trip. A little over an hour trip to the restaurant. Boy did the boat driving and his FIL and I sat in the back visiting and popping a few tops.  His MIL was on a girls trip in the Smokey Mountains.  Warden and DIL sipped wine on the front lounge seats.

Restaurant was excellent, started with my traditional birthday Grey Goose Martini, seared tuna and bacon wrapped scallops for appetizers, Caesar Salad then a nice rare Pittsburgh Style Filet Mignon.

A few more brews on the ride home where we topped the evening off with some homemade Caramel Cheesecake and Tawny Port.

Sorry no after dinner cigar, after my bed time.
That sounds like a perfect evening. Glad you enjoyed it.

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »

Had a great B’day, the weather was perfect for the boat trip. A little over an hour trip to the restaurant. Boy did the boat driving and his FIL and I sat in the back visiting and popping a few tops.  His MIL was on a girls trip in the Smokey Mountains.  Warden and DIL sipped wine on the front lounge seats.

Restaurant was excellent, started with my traditional birthday Grey Goose Martini, seared tuna and bacon wrapped scallops for appetizers, Caesar Salad then a nice rare Pittsburgh Style Filet Mignon.

A few more brews on the ride home where we topped the evening off with some homemade Caramel Cheesecake and Tawny Port.

Sorry no after dinner cigar, after my bed time.
That sounds like a perfect evening. Glad you enjoyed it.
Morning Mayor T

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2019, 08:36:46 AM »

Good morning, Rick, SouthernSCDave, Dean, and NorthernSCDave.

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2019, 08:38:06 AM »

Good morning, Rick, SouthernSCDave, Dean, and NorthernSCDave.
Good morning Mayor T
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4