Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!  (Read 4029 times)

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »

Time for a nice cup o joe myself.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2019, 07:36:40 AM »

Happy Birthday Dave.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »

Happy 5th Anniversary Banter. where is our 5 year celebratory cigar?

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 07:37:57 AM »

good morning NewsWorthyDave.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2019, 07:40:50 AM »

68° and a beautiful morning here, sunny and 85° for the afternoon.  we had a heavy line of thunderstorms pass through about 9:30 last night.  Hard rain and a little bit of small hail with it.

Supposed to go by boat up the River this evening to a nice seafood and steak restaurant  on the water for a little birthday party.  Hope the weather cooperates.

http://clarksseafoodandchophouse.com/
nice looking menu.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2019, 07:45:00 AM »

Happy Birthday Dave.
Morning and Thanks Dean’O

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2019, 08:24:46 AM »

68° and a beautiful morning here, sunny and 85° for the afternoon.  we had a heavy line of thunderstorms pass through about 9:30 last night.  Hard rain and a little bit of small hail with it.

Supposed to go by boat up the River this evening to a nice seafood and steak restaurant  on the water for a little birthday party.  Hope the weather cooperates.

http://clarksseafoodandchophouse.com/
nice looking menu.
Yup. I'm hungry!

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2019, 08:28:41 AM »

guns ARE NOT sex toys:

VALRICO, Fla. (WFLA) - A Valrico man has been charged with manslaughter after deputies say foreplay with handgun led to the death of his partner.

Deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office say the Andrew Shinault, 23, shot a woman, who is also in her 20s, while engaging in an act of foreplay involving his registered handgun.

Deputies tell News Channel 8 the couple knew the gun was loaded and were using the gun for "sexual excitement."

The woman, who is from the Tampa area, was shot in the upper body and was transported to Brandon Regional Hospital where she later died. Deputies believe it was an accident.

Shinault was charged for Manslaughter with a Weapon and booked into Orient Road Jail on a $50,000 bond.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2019, 08:33:12 AM »

must have been the jar of peppers:

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said the investigation is in its initial stages, but that it appears the shooting was in self-defense.

Judd held a press conference Friday afternoon in front of the home on the 1800 block of 6th Street Southeast in Winter Haven.

Judd said 46-year-old Trevor Goosby is a truck driver who was away for a few weeks on a trip.

When he returned home, he and his wife, Tyrinda, continued an ongoing argument.

They'd been arguing "about an online game she's been playing, an interactive game," said Judd.

Goosby then went into the bedroom to get his gun.

"And he brings the firearm out, and he starts battering Tyrinda," Judd said.

Tyrinda's cousin, Patrice Wilson, had been staying with her while Trevor was gone because she was afraid, according to Sheriff Judd, though he added it wasn't clear whether Tyrinda was afraid of Trevor, or of being alone.

Patrice then tried to step in with a long, decorative glass jar of peppers, Judd said.

"Trevor turns, takes the peppers from her, and breaks it over her head, significantly injuring her, creating quite an ugly laceration," said Judd.

Tyrinda then saw her chance to grab the gun, which had become dislodged in that struggle.

As Trevor rushed her to take the gun back, Judd said, Tyrinda shot him twice. He staggered out the front door and collapsed dead on the front lawn some time later.

"The initial--and I underscore initial--information indicates to us that both Tyrinda and Patrice are victims and very well may be protected under Stand Your Ground and self-defense," Judd said.

Tyrinda and Wilson were both taken to the hospital with minor injuries, though Wilson has a nasty gash from Trevor breaking the pepper jar on her head, Judd said.

The state attorney's office will review the case file once the investigation is completed and make the final decision on whether to charge Tyrinda.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »

It's hard to believe this forum started 5 years ago. Any cigar deals on the various internet sites to commemorate the event? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Morning Sleepers.

It’s even harder to believe I started 66 years ago today!

I am a little hurt that there is no Jam to honor the Banter and Me.
Happy birthday, Dave! I keep forgetting that.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2019, 08:56:03 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Singer Pat Boone is 85.
Actor Morgan Freeman is 82.
Actor Rene Auberjonois (oh-behr-juh-NWAH') is 79.
Opera singer Frederica von Stade is 74.
Actor Brian Cox is 73.
Rock musician Ronnie Wood is 72.
Actor Jonathan Pryce is 72.
Actress Gemma Craven is 69.
Actor John M. Jackson (TV: "NCIS: Los Angeles") is 69
Blues-rock musician Tom Principato is 67.
Banter stalwart SC/TX/LADave is 66.
Country singer Ronnie Dunn is 66.
Actress Lisa Hartman Black is 63.
Actor Tom Irwin is 63.
Singer-musician Alan Wilder is 60.
Rock musician Simon Gallup (The Cure) is 59.
Country musician Richard Comeaux (River Road) is 58.
Actor-comedian Mark Curry is 58.
Actor-singer Jason Donovan is 51.
Actress Teri Polo is 50.
Basketball player-turned-coach Tony Bennett is 50.
Actor Rick Gomez is 47.
Model-actress Heidi Klum is 46.
Singer Alanis Morissette is 45.
Actress Sarah Wayne Callies is 42.
Comedian Link Neal (Rhett & Link) is 41.
TV personality Damien Fahey is 39.
Americana singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile is 38.
Actor Johnny Pemberton is 38.
Actress-writer Amy Schumer is 38.
Former tennis player Justine Henin is 37.
Actor Taylor Handley is 35.
Actress Zazie Beetz is 28.
Actress Willow Shields is 19.
Well done!

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2019, 08:56:36 AM »

Happy 5th Anniversary Banter. where is our 5 year celebratory cigar?
What are you smoking?

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »

Happy 5th Anniversary Banter. where is our 5 year celebratory cigar?
What are you smoking?
I had a Short Story when I got up, and almost done with a La Palina Classic robusto.

Re: 6/1/2019 - Happy Anniversary Founding Members!
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2019, 09:26:42 AM »

Morning Tony.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5