CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 5/30/2019  (Read 6569 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/30/2019
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2019, 11:12:14 AM »

Heading back down to SC early tomorrow, so you won't be hearing from me for a bit.
Flying or Driving?
Qui k flight down. Meet with electrician, Carolina  Closets, blinds people and a possible care facility for my parents on property.
So parents are acceptable to moving?
That's a whole nother story.  Just going to provide them the option.
I fully understand the situation, that’s about all you can do.
Its assisted living, three meals a day, laundry and transportation for a flat monthly fee and minimal initial deposit. No liquidation of assets and all that stuff. Works out to around 50K a year.
Based on our experience that's a solid deal.  But it's all about the local management.  Be leery of one run by one of the big corporate chains.  They'll squeeze out another nickle of profit vs higher folks who give a schitt.
Amen on that concept

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »

We consider ourselves in assisted living here which is why we went the condo route.  We have to cook and do laundry but can get assistance when we reach that point while staying in our home.  At least that is the plan.

Threebean

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »

@Bean...You still working on that Integra project?
No, that was finished a couple months ago.  Went smoothly after the initial flailing about was resolved.

Threebean

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »

who says it doesn't pay to get old?

just shoot me, it's cheaper.
or I'll paddle out in the gulf in my kayak and turn myself into bait.
Also solid plans.   :o

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2019, 11:33:50 AM »

Good morning all ....  Well, school is out ...  It all started yesterday afternoon when the 2nd grader next door was bored, and thought it would be fun to visit good ol' Mr. Wilson (me..)  With in the first 5 minutes, "1. Can we play X-Box..?"  I turn on the X-Box and it's says, "It will be 45 min. to update X-Box..."  2. You know you can play a game while it's updating...!!!!  OK...  Put in a game...  Message, "It will take 30 min. to update game..."  Let's try another game...!!!!!!  NO...!!!  The X-box is now tied up for over an hour updating, let it update...  3. Can I have some of this liqurice ...  Ok.... 4. I'm thirsty, can I have some thing to drink.  Ok....  Next 5 minutes with frig open as he tries to select some thing to drink ..  I"ll take a Coke..!  Fine...!  5. Will you pop some popcorn...?????   I'm old, I can't remember how to do it...  That's ok, I'll get this popcorn oil, and theres a pan.....  Are you starting to remember yet...?????  Yes, sit down and let me do it. He sits down in front of my computer...  Hey, I know all about computers, let me turn it on... Do you have any computer games...?  I have just cards..  That's ok, I know how to download...!!!  GET AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER...!!!!!!  Luckily he shortly had to go home for supper.  So today, bright and early (8 a.m.), it's time to watch the grandkids all day...  So, I doubt that I'll be able to get back on much ...  It's X-box and Forza Horizon 2 racing in the living room, and YouTube Sis and Bro in the bedroom... YIKES..!  later..

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »

Good morning all ....  Well, school is out ...  It all started yesterday afternoon when the 2nd grader next door was bored, and thought it would be fun to visit good ol' Mr. Wilson (me..)  With in the first 5 minutes, "1. Can we play X-Box..?"  I turn on the X-Box and it's says, "It will be 45 min. to update X-Box..."  2. You know you can play a game while it's updating...!!!!  OK...  Put in a game...  Message, "It will take 30 min. to update game..."  Let's try another game...!!!!!!  NO...!!!  The X-box is now tied up for over an hour updating, let it update...  3. Can I have some of this liqurice ...  Ok.... 4. I'm thirsty, can I have some thing to drink.  Ok....  Next 5 minutes with frig open as he tries to select some thing to drink ..  I"ll take a Coke..!  Fine...!  5. Will you pop some popcorn...?????   I'm old, I can't remember how to do it...  That's ok, I'll get this popcorn oil, and theres a pan.....  Are you starting to remember yet...?????  Yes, sit down and let me do it. He sits down in front of my computer...  Hey, I know all about computers, let me turn it on... Do you have any computer games...?  I have just cards..  That's ok, I know how to download...!!!  GET AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER...!!!!!!  Luckily he shortly had to go home for supper.  So today, bright and early (8 a.m.), it's time to watch the grandkids all day...  So, I doubt that I'll be able to get back on much ...  It's X-box and Forza Horizon 2 racing in the living room, and YouTube Sis and Bro in the bedroom... YIKES..!  later..
That post had a little bit of everything. Hi and bye, BD.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2019, 11:41:43 AM »

but nothing about Petey.

Threebean

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2019, 11:42:15 AM »

It made me tired and want a nap.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2019, 11:47:37 AM »

It made me tired and want a nap.
Made me dizzy 🥴

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2019, 11:48:28 AM »

now we all know why I hate kids.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2019, 12:10:28 PM »

wow. my bank account took a beating this month. one more day until payday, damn.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2019, 12:44:58 PM »

Heading back down to SC early tomorrow, so you won't be hearing from me for a bit.
Flying or Driving?
Qui k flight down. Meet with electrician, Carolina  Closets, blinds people and a possible care facility for my parents on property.
Safe travels Dave

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2019, 12:50:23 PM »

Good afternoon fellas. I had to go on road trip for parts so quick Brick and Mortar stop. 3 Umbagog's for 20 bucks not bad for stickitinyourass NYS

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »

Good afternoon fellas. I had to go on road trip for parts so quick Brick and Mortar stop. 3 Umbagog's for 20 bucks not bad for stickitinyourass NYS
never heard of them. had to google them.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »

never heard of them. had to google them.
They are great smokes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7