CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 5/30/2019  (Read 6627 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/30/2019
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 10:22:19 AM »

Morning FullHouseo'Daves, BetterLateThanNeverMayor, Draggin'Rick, and BackAtItDean.  Beautiful weather up here in the NW but heading back to the hotn'humid this afternoon.
Morning Bean, they Converted you to Commie Status yet?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2019, 10:23:32 AM »

@SCDave.  Just so you know things are still on course in your beloved former hometown. 
https://communityimpact.com/austin/central-austin/city-county/2019/05/29/amid-objections-austins-east-side-council-members-to-push-overhaul-of-policies-experts-say-target-the-homeless/
Why am I not surprised?  What a chithole that area is!

Best one:  We won’t be able to arrest away our city’s homelessness problem,” Council Member Greg Casar said in a press release.

Threebean

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 10:49:30 AM »

@SCDave.  Just so you know things are still on course in your beloved former hometown. 
https://communityimpact.com/austin/central-austin/city-county/2019/05/29/amid-objections-austins-east-side-council-members-to-push-overhaul-of-policies-experts-say-target-the-homeless/

Best one:  We won’t be able to arrest away our city’s homelessness problem,” Council Member Greg Casar said in a press release.
The Austin City gubmint sure knows how to make it an inviting place to have a business and spend time and money visiting.   

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2019, 10:57:55 AM »

The Austin City gubmint sure knows how to make it an inviting place to have a business and spend time and money visiting.   

But they do work hard toward making their goals.  Totally destroyed 4 sq blocks of prime downtown property.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2019, 10:58:41 AM »

Heading back down to SC early tomorrow, so you won't be hearing from me for a bit.
Flying or Driving?
Qui k flight down. Meet with electrician, Carolina  Closets, blinds people and a possible care facility for my parents on property.
So parents are acceptable to moving?
That's a whole nother story.  Just going to provide them the option.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »

Heading back down to SC early tomorrow, so you won't be hearing from me for a bit.
Flying or Driving?
Qui k flight down. Meet with electrician, Carolina  Closets, blinds people and a possible care facility for my parents on property.
I fully understand the situation, that’s about all you can do.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »

Morning Mr. Bean. You'll have to hook up with Rev Raz one of these trips.

Threebean

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2019, 11:02:49 AM »

But they do work hard toward making their goals.  Totally destroyed 4 sq blocks of prime downtown property.
They are making good progress in expanding that to 4 sq miles.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2019, 11:03:32 AM »

They are making good progress in expanding that to 4 sq miles.
No doubt

Before I left there was a recent article saying about 8 sq blocks around there (area included my office building) comprised the most likely place in Austin to be robbed.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2019, 11:04:32 AM »

Flying or Driving?
Its assisted living, three meals a day, laundry and transportation for a flat monthly fee and minimal initial deposit. No liquidation of assets and all that stuff. Works out to around 50K a year.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »

@Bean...You still working on that Integra project?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2019, 11:05:49 AM »

Flying or Driving?
Its assisted living, three meals a day, laundry and transportation for a flat monthly fee and minimal initial deposit. No liquidation of assets and all that stuff. Works out to around 50K a year.
Sounds like I might want to look into that for myself.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »

Flying or Driving?
Not bad for 2 people.  My in-laws have 2 grandparents in a very nice assisted living place here with similar amenities (separate private rooms) and they are paying $60k a year for each one.

Threebean

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2019, 11:11:13 AM »

Flying or Driving?
Based on our experience that's a solid deal.  But it's all about the local management.  Be leery of one run by one of the big corporate chains.  They'll squeeze out another nickle of profit vs higher folks who give a schitt.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »

who says it doesn't pay to get old?

just shoot me, it's cheaper.
or I'll paddle out in the gulf in my kayak and turn myself into bait.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7