Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 08:22:42 AM »

@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
Not a word in the article about parking being a reason.  Something tells me you wouldn't attempt to ride the bus from Lakeway, anyway.

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »

At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
That's true. We are having signs with our names put on them to display at our new work location, so everyone can get used to where they sit, and we were asked to come up with a picture to put on ours to personalize it. I chose a picture of a highball glass and a cigar. The person coordinating it was concerned it might be unacceptable, so I chose something else.
Well, points for trying.  You should have asked us for suggestions.   :o

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2019, 08:40:30 AM »

At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
That's true. We are having signs with our names put on them to display at our new work location, so everyone can get used to where they sit, and we were asked to come up with a picture to put on ours to personalize it. I chose a picture of a highball glass and a cigar. The person coordinating it was concerned it might be unacceptable, so I chose something else.
Well, points for trying.  You should have asked us for suggestions.   :o
Now that would've been something to see!

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2019, 08:41:34 AM »

@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
Not a word in the article about parking being a reason.  Something tells me you wouldn't attempt to ride the bus from Lakeway, anyway.
"Less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option". I gotta believe they're talking about parking with the less expensive part.

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 08:45:26 AM »

[...]
You're not saying what you chose...

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »

@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
Not a word in the article about parking being a reason.  Something tells me you wouldn't attempt to ride the bus from Lakeway, anyway.
No busses to or from lakeway but park and ride locations would be feasible to many.  Well, selling the idea to the leftist is way more plausible in Travis County for sure.  But parking is definitely a major factor.

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2019, 09:03:05 AM »

[...]

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2019, 09:04:32 AM »

At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
That's true. We are having signs with our names put on them to display at our new work location, so everyone can get used to where they sit, and we were asked to come up with a picture to put on ours to personalize it. I chose a picture of a highball glass and a cigar. The person coordinating it was concerned it might be unacceptable, so I chose something else.
Sheesh.

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2019, 09:05:48 AM »

@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
I thought it wasn't a bad idea either but I'm a pinko.

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2019, 09:07:14 AM »

@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
I thought it wasn't a bad idea either but I'm a pinko.
Same, on both counts.

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2019, 09:11:52 AM »

@SCDave.  Travis county commissioners continue to come up with impactful ways to spend their time.
"Travis County commissioners unanimously approved a pilot program May 21 that will provide free mass-transit passes to jurors to encourage a less expensive and more environmentally conscious transportation option. “This new project will further encourage jury service, support a positive customer experience and positively impact the environment by reducing car transportation,” according to a brief prepared by county staff."
Actually I don’t think that is so bad based on my jury experience there 4 years or so ago.  Parking is expensive and total hell for jurors.
I thought it wasn't a bad idea either but I'm a pinko.
The central Texas mass transit system is nothing like you're used to in the NYC area.  Routes, consistency, and geography result in poor utilization.  I doubt this effort will have much of an impact beyond having a response to potential jurors saying "I can't get there".

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2019, 09:26:03 AM »

[...]
I wanna hear, yes we can instead of no we can't. C'mon Bean!

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2019, 09:42:41 AM »

[...]

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2019, 09:48:34 AM »

[...]
It's a government run operation funded by the taxpayers.

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2019, 10:09:27 AM »

At the rate he is going Dean’O is going to have to set up a snatch recycling program soon.  Or, God Forbid he may have to lower his standards to the Under 50 crowd.
The flow chart has been rendered useless.  Only symbol on it now is a big phallus.
You guys been trading pics again?
I guess we could use an EPC 2nd as the Dean symbol, more safe at work viewing, though in your work-world that's even less PC than a phallus.
EPC 2nd.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6