CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: 11/14/2014  (Read 27826 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 11/14/2014
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »

Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
That Gingerbread Stout sounds good - did you get some of the Jek?
Yea, got three.  One I smoke in a couple of weeks, one I wait a year and there third depends on what I think of the first two. (or one)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2014, 03:40:15 PM »

Successful afternoon, picked up a couple of Tat Monsters and as they were selling singles out of a Pudgy box, got two more Tiff's.  Started my Christmas shopping at the liquor store, and picked up a couple of cases of the Sam Adams Winter Favorites.  Love's me the Fezziwigs and Chocolate Stout, also found some of their small batch Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout.  No Southern Tier Winter offerings yet, but this will get me in the spirit.
Yea, got three.  One I smoke in a couple of weeks, one I wait a year and there third depends on what I think of the first two. (or one)
I liked it, pretty damn solid stick.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »

Looks like Dean has failed to come up for air today.  Must still be trying to get out of that Verizon Family Contract.
Is it today or tomorrow that he was gonna be under the needle again?
This afternoon.  Supposed to finish.
Im thought it was tomorrow

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »

They also had a dress box of Jek, but can't say I'm particularly interested in this one.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2014, 03:47:17 PM »

I went to the package store this morning and they had some BP Victory at Sea in the 22 oz bottles so picked some up, first time I found it here.  Thinking about selecting a smoke and trying one. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »

They also had a dress box of Jek, but can't say I'm particularly interested in this one.
Priced reasonably?  It's cool how the dimensions are designed - it looks square but it's really off like 10deg...it will look better after the Hyde comes out next year.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »

Not bad for a B&M and I get a discount, but figure for this one you need to get both, so that ties you in for next year.
Priced reasonably?  It's cool how the dimensions are designed - it looks square but it's really off like 10deg...it will look better after the Hyde comes out next year.
oOPS!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »

Not bad for a B&M and I get a discount, but figure for this one you need to get both, so that ties you in for next year.
oOPS!
Could lose a turkey for improper posting

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »

Good for you.  Which reminds me I need to get on it, with regard to my fall brews.  This dieting isn't conducive to emptying the beer fridge.  And therefore there is no room for the winter ones.
A herf could help with that...
Hard to do with the recent work schedule.  Every time I'm ready to tell them to go fuck off, they deposit money into my account and I change my mind.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2014, 05:12:58 PM »

I'm gonna head out with a CI Legends (Yellow) by Pepin.  I just can't focus and will finish my work up over the weekend.  A few more meetings this week would have helped the situation.  Later, gents.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2014, 06:28:23 PM »

It was too cold out there to really enjoy that Pepin.  It was the typical DPG spice bomb and I normally like that but the retrohale was harsh.  I had that stick for years.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2014, 07:49:33 PM »

Hopefully you're home comfy and warm now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]