Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1990, it was revealed that the pop duo Milli Vanilli (Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan) had done none of the singing on their Grammy-winning debut album "Girl You Know It's True."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1997, a jury in Fairfax, Virginia, decided that Pakistani national Aimal Khan Kasi (eye-MAHL' kahn KAH'-see) should get the death penalty for gunning down two CIA employees outside agency headquarters. Five years later on this date, Aimal Khan Kasi was executed.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Mahmoud Abbas, successor to Yasser Arafat, escaped unharmed when militants firing assault rifles burst into a mourning tent for the deceased Palestinian leader in Gaza, killing two security guards. Usher was honored with four trophies at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles: favorite male soul-R&B artist, best pop-rock album, best pop-rock artist and best soul-R&B album.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: President Barack Obama, on a mission to repair America's global standing, told Asian countries during a speech in Tokyo that he was determined to engage them as equal partners in the economy, diplomacy and security.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Reversing course, President Barack Obama said millions of Americans should be allowed to renew individual coverage plans ticketed for cancellation under the health care law. During a confirmation hearing before the Senate Banking Committee, Janet Yellen made clear she would be prepared to stand by the Federal Reserve's low-interest policies, if she were confirmed as Fed chair. Former Boston crime boss James "Whitey" Bulger was led off to prison to begin serving a life sentence at 84 for his murderous reign in the 1970s and '80s. Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen and Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera won baseball's Most Valuable Player awards.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Former U.N. Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali is 92. Actress Kathleen Hughes is 86. Former MLB All-Star Jimmy Piersall is 85. Former NASA astronaut Fred Haise is 81. Jazz musician Ellis Marsalis is 80. Composer Wendy Carlos is 75. Writer P.J. O'Rourke is 67. Zydeco singer-musician Buckwheat Zydeco is 67. Britain's Prince Charles is 66. Rock singer-musician James Young (Styx) is 65. Singer Stephen Bishop is 63. Blues musician Anson Funderburgh is 60. Pianist Yanni is 60. Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is 60. Presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett is 58. Actress Laura San Giacomo (JEE'-ah-koh-moh) is 53. Actor D.B. Sweeney is 53. Rapper Reverend Run (Run-DMC) is 50. Actor Patrick Warburton is 50. Rock musician Nic Dalton is 50. Country singer Rockie Lynne is 50. Pop singer Jeanette Jurado (Expose) is 49. Retired MLB All-Star pitcher Curt Schilling is 48. Rock musician Brian Yale is 46. Rock singer Butch Walker is 45. Actor Josh Duhamel (du-MEHL') is 42. Rock musician Travis Barker is 39. Contemporary Christian musician Robby Shaffer is 39. Actor Brian Dietzen (TV: "NCIS") is 37. Rapper Shyheim is 37. Rock musician Tobin Esperance (Papa Roach) is 35. Actress Olga Kurylenko is 35. Actress/comedian Vanessa Bayer (TV: "Saturday Night Live") is 33. Actor Graham Patrick Martin is 23.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Adventure is not outside man; it is within." — George Eliot, English author (1819-1880).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Cave Drawings
-------------------------

It was considered a unique find and the writings were said to be at least Three thousand years old!
The piece of stone was removed, brought to the museum, and archaeologists from around the world came to study the ancient symbols.
They held a huge Meeting after months of conferences to discuss the meaning of the markings.
The President of the society pointed to first drawing and said: "This is a Woman. We can see these people held women in high esteem. You can also tell they were intelligent, as the next symbol is a donkey, so they were smart enough to have animals help them till the soil. The next drawing is a shovel, which means they had tools to help them."

Even further proof of their high intelligence is the fish which means that if a famine hit the earth and food didn't grow, they seek food from the sea. The last symbol appears to be the Star of David which means they were evidently Hebrews.

The audience applauded enthusiastically.

Then a little old Jewish man stood up in the back of the room and said, "Idiots, Hebrew is read from right to left...... It says: 'Holy Mackerel Dig the Ass on that Chick.' "

Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Good morning Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.

Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
To early for that much snow.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning Chip. OT this morning, along with my first drive in the snow of the season. Sheesh.
Cold as can be here also, down in the mid 20's this morning and Saturday morning.
Friend of mine who works overnight told me he had 13 inches of snow at his house when he came in last night, who knows what he's got now. The snow belt is no joke.
The guys who sell heating oil have got to be happy right now.

Morning LSU and Golf.  You are posting early Golf.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13