CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 5/20/2019  (Read 5178 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 5/20/2019
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 08:52:14 AM »

Large implosions are always impressive!

Martin Tower implosion: Cheers, tears as iconic Bethlehem Steel skyscraper vanishes in dust and thunderous sound

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-martin-tower-implosion-reaction-20190519-7vsood7uljcxhfqiphbi4pmgyu-story.html
too bad they couldn't repurpose it it instead of tearing it down. wasn't that old.
I think that's the same building we saw in the distance from the golf course. It was so strange looking out at it, because it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere completely surrounding by trees.
You can see how out of place it looks in this pic. Dwarfed everything around it.

As I recall, Andy's tee shot went towards that building lol
Once we put the building in his mind, there was really only 1 place for his tee shot to go.
did he hit that other fairway?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 09:01:21 AM »

Martin Tower implosion: Cheers, tears as iconic Bethlehem Steel skyscraper vanishes in dust and thunderous sound

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-martin-tower-implosion-reaction-20190519-7vsood7uljcxhfqiphbi4pmgyu-story.html
too bad they couldn't repurpose it it instead of tearing it down. wasn't that old.
I think that's the same building we saw in the distance from the golf course. It was so strange looking out at it, because it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere completely surrounding by trees.
You can see how out of place it looks in this pic. Dwarfed everything around it.

Once we put the building in his mind, there was really only 1 place for his tee shot to go.
He might have, actually. I think he did that once or twice that round.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »

@ Dean’O- seems like I remember your liking some of these:

https://www.cigarpage.com/going-full-mundo.html

sfish

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 09:13:50 AM »

He might have, actually. I think he did that once or twice that round.
I think we all did that once or twice that round

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2019, 09:14:25 AM »

Why would they do that on a Sunday morning? Hope there were no neighbors too close. Although it didn't look like it.

sfish

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2019, 09:16:07 AM »

I remember, he was at the end of the other fairway. I was in the first cut to the right of our fairway, the next time I saw Dave he was in the next tee box chipping back lol

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2019, 09:32:22 AM »

I remember, he was at the end of the other fairway. I was in the first cut to the right of our fairway, the next time I saw Dave he was in the next tee box chipping back lol
LALTS, sounds familiar.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2019, 10:26:16 AM »

Why would they do that on a Sunday morning? Hope there were no neighbors too close. Although it didn't look like it.
Because Sunday morning is much easier to manage traffic and sightseers then get all the debris cleaned up.

Generally they are almost always done on Sunday mornings.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2019, 10:28:15 AM »

Because Sunday morning is much easier to manage traffic and sightseers then get all the debris cleaned up.

I learnt something new. Gotta love cigarbanter.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »

I learnt something new. Gotta love cigarbanter.
And it’s always Delivered FREE

sfish

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2019, 10:54:07 AM »

I smoked several cigars this weekend, most notable to me was the Tabernacle CT Seed...very good IMO

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »

I smoked several cigars this weekend, most notable to me was the Tabernacle CT Seed...very good IMO
Had a MF corona and a New World Cameroon this weekend. Both excellent smokes.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »

Very nice buy on some great smokes at the Scorcher but with the one-minute offerings it is impossible to share the deals - by design I imagine.

RoMa Craft Neanderthal SGP
10 CIGARS for $65.11 FS

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »

Haven't had that particular Tabernacle but I haven't smoked any I didn't like.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6