Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »

Have a HS reunion that I got talked into going to tonight.  Always interesting.
I only went to my 10th and dreaded every moment of it. I'm already in touch with the people I cared to stay in touch with.

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2019, 09:10:45 AM »

Anyhoo, I've got a soccer game to attend. See yuz.

I don't mind being outside at all. It's a gorgeous day.

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2019, 09:13:32 AM »

Morning Willy Whackers, slept a bit late but the Cuban is brewed.
We got home around 2:am and my Cuban is fit to be tied today.

Good morning, gents.
LOL, I bet there is nothing else like waking up with a tied Cuban 😂

Morning All-NighterMayor

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2019, 09:14:25 AM »

Anyhoo, I've got a soccer game to attend. See yuz.

I don't mind being outside at all. It's a gorgeous day.
Certainly a beautiful day here, enjoy the games and WIN!

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2019, 10:13:03 AM »

Good Thing - Bad Thing for us but we were aware of it in advance and will ultimately be winners. When we bought this condo there was a $14 million class action construction defect law suit against the developers allowing us to buy this place for just about 50% of what it sold for new.  We knew we could join the “class members” to prevent our being stuck with our share of the reconstruction costs but there was a risk of not coming out very well in the suit. While damage (stucco issues)was very significant there was no where near $14 Million in repairs needed, in fact that would be close to enough to raze all 3 buildings and build new ones.

Well we got a $6.3 million settlement about a month ago and had a presentation Thursday by the first well qualified contractor interested in doing the work.  It is a massive project that will take 12-15 months with average working time on each building of 4 months plus weather delays and those with end units (24 of those) will have to move out for a good while, fortunately I have a middle unit.  One building is significantly worse than the others and fortunately that is not my building.  We may have to secure things (as opposed to actually moving out) and leave for a week or two while they do our balcony but not a big deal we can just stay at the boys house and/or take a vacation somewhere.  Probably be early next spring before they get to us.

Now the good - when all this is finished the value of our condo will almost immediately go up 75-125% as this is the only high end condo development on the river/waterway between here and Charleston.  That was what we were booking our bet on all along.
very good thinking and turn out.

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »

guess what I'm fixing?

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2019, 11:41:29 AM »

Anyhoo, I've got a soccer game to attend. See yuz.

I don't mind being outside at all. It's a gorgeous day.
Certainly a beautiful day here, enjoy the games and WIN!
First game was won. Our soccer team remains in a solid first place with 2 games left in the season. Baseball in a couple of hours. Maybe we'll win our 2nd game today.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2019, 11:43:56 AM »

Anyhoo, I've got a soccer game to attend. See yuz.

I don't mind being outside at all. It's a gorgeous day.
Certainly a beautiful day here, enjoy the games and WIN!
First game was won. Our soccer team remains in a solid first place with 2 games left in the season. Baseball in a couple of hours. Maybe we'll win our 2nd game today.
😳
must be all that parental support.

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »

Anyhoo, I've got a soccer game to attend. See yuz.

I don't mind being outside at all. It's a gorgeous day.
Certainly a beautiful day here, enjoy the games and WIN!
First game was won. Our soccer team remains in a solid first place with 2 games left in the season. Baseball in a couple of hours. Maybe we'll win our 2nd game today.
Good Luck

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2019, 12:30:00 PM »

[...]

Things could have gone real bad though so there was a real risk.  It will take every penny of the settlement funds to do the work and maybe even a little more.  One reason they have been selling so cheap is that the mortgage companies would not finance them so they had to be all cash sales.  45 days after reconstruction begins most mortgage companies will begin financing  them again.

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »

[...]

Location, location, location.

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2019, 12:37:48 PM »

Anyhoo, I've got a soccer game to attend. See yuz.

I don't mind being outside at all. It's a gorgeous day.
Certainly a beautiful day here, enjoy the games and WIN!
First game was won. Our soccer team remains in a solid first place with 2 games left in the season. Baseball in a couple of hours. Maybe we'll win our 2nd game today.

must be all that parental support.
There's no doubt in my mind.

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »

[...]

Overall sounds pretty darn good.
How many contractors will be heard from before a decision is reached.  Who on the HOA is making the final decision?  Hopefully they won't decide to try to do it on the cheap instead of doing it right.

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »

[...]

And hopefully they have some folks that know something about engineering and building trades and not just go with somebody with the fanciest Powerpoint presentation.

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »

Nice Offer at CI

Boutique 5-Stars
Choose Caldwell or Southern Draw

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/joecigar/
Agreed.  If you haven't tried them, a real nice intro to Southern Draw.
Indeed.  Think I'll double down.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4