Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2019, 12:25:46 PM »

nice day.

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2019, 12:31:59 PM »

Took an evening boat ride up the waterway to LuLu’s for dinner with the Boy and DIL last night.  LuLu’s is a small chain of beach themed restaurants owned by Jimmy Buffets Sister, the place here is open air and right on the waterway with boat docks for patrons. Weather, food and service were very good and we had a great time.  Boy and I split a Seafood Platter for 2:  Blackened Red Snapper, Fried Shrimp, Crab Claws, Oysters and some of the best Fried Onion Rings anywhere.  It was a huge platter of food, the boy and I are good eaters and we were able to consume about 2/3 of it.  All that for $52 at a waterside restaurant around here is really amazing, it could easily serve 3-4 people.  Funny thing is the place gets mediocre reviews but I have been there twice and have been very satisfied both times.

https://lulubuffett.com/northmyrtlebeach/
As you would say, sounds pretty damn good.
They took me there last year for Fathers Day when the place was fairly new and we really liked the place, service was excellent but most of the food was not much more than average for the waterfront eateries.  Onion rings and smoked tuna spread appetizer were very good though. You normally have to adjust your satisfaction rating based on waterfront vs non waterfront places.  Average on the waterfront is usually comparable to meh at other places.

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2019, 12:32:54 PM »

nice day.
Here too, 78° and partly cloudy here now and quite nice.

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2019, 12:37:12 PM »

Where’s Rick, there are Great Deals going in every direction today
Always the case after you blow your load.

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »

Las Calaveras 2018 Lit

Very tight draw

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2019, 07:08:46 PM »

Morning Sleepers, fresh hot Cuban ready but guess I have to drink alone since Blue is weekending with the Warden.
I'll be happy to join you.
Me as well.   Coffee on the front porch.  No cigars at the new house or I'd enjoy one of those as well.
Meaning you aren't permitted or you just haven't moved the humidors over yet?
Just haven't gotten around to stocking up at home.

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2019, 07:10:36 PM »

Soccer game completed. The boys won 6-1. We're still undefeated with 4 games left in the season.
Nice.  Also nice that the league is keeping score and K thru 8 sports hasn't snowflaked out entirely.

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2019, 11:17:22 PM »

Las Calaveras 2018 Lit

Very tight draw
Tight drawers are bad for motility.

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2019, 11:18:10 PM »

Soccer game completed. The boys won 6-1. We're still undefeated with 4 games left in the season.
Nice.  Also nice that the league is keeping score and K thru 8 sports hasn't snowflaked out entirely.
Agreed.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]