Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2019, 01:15:28 PM »

Meeting time.
What's the FloTreat this time, donuts, bagels, or something more urbane?
You mean like almond milk smoothies with organically sourced wafers?

Nothing for us this time. That's 2 meetings in a row with no food. I may need to send an email to HR from my safe space.
Indeed.  How do they expect you to be enthusastic and engaged with no bait sustenance.

They must have laid off the master baiter.
I just said I was at the meeting.

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2019, 01:16:05 PM »

Thought for Today: "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." — Robert A. Heinlein, American science-fiction writer (born 1907, died this date in 1988).
That's ironic. I picked up an old copy of Stranger in a Strange Land this morning to read on the bus. I hadn't looked at it in decades.
More like coincidental than ironic.
Not according to Alanis Morissette.
But her examples WERE ironic...

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic, don't you think

It's like rain on your wedding day

It's a free ride when you've already paid

It's the good advice that you just didn't take

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
"Well, isn't this nice."
We're getting further and further away from the ideals our creator aspired to when he created this site.

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »

Meeting time.
What's the FloTreat this time, donuts, bagels, or something more urbane?
You mean like almond milk smoothies with organically sourced wafers?

Nothing for us this time. That's 2 meetings in a row with no food. I may need to send an email to HR from my safe space.
Indeed.  How do they expect you to be enthusastic and engaged with no bait sustenance.

They must have laid off the master baiter.
That was in January...

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2019, 01:35:13 PM »

[...]

Ideals?  This site?  Next you're going to talk morals...

« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2019, 01:36:20 PM »

[...]

Is that coincidental or ironic?

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2019, 01:41:29 PM »

[...]

We'll have to ask the expert. Though, I'm still not quite sure who that is regarding this subject matter just yet.

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2019, 02:04:58 PM »

[...]

We got nuttin' but experts!

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2019, 02:11:18 PM »

[...]

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2019, 02:19:32 PM »

Hazzuh, experts!

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2019, 02:53:41 PM »

Hazzuh, experts!
not me. later Dave.

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »

In the man cave with water and a 601 Snakebite courtesy of NJSCDave.

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2019, 03:15:25 PM »

In the man cave with water and a 601 Snakebite courtesy of NJSCDave.
Smoked one the other day, also courtesy of Dave, and not sure I remembered to post about it. I rather enjoyed it. It was a churchill though and I didn't have time to smoke it to the nub.

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2019, 04:18:46 PM »

Snakebite lull?

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2019, 04:24:37 PM »

In the man cave with water and a 601 Snakebite courtesy of NJSCDave.
Smoked one the other day, also courtesy of Dave, and not sure I remembered to post about it. I rather enjoyed it. It was a churchill though and I didn't have time to smoke it to the nub.

This one is enjoyable for sure, a somewhat narrow gauge churchill.  Had not heard of it, but being that SCNJDave is such an Espinosa whore he can be counted on to keep the rest of us up-to-date.
edit: And quite the smoke generator, with a perfect draw.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8