CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 5/4/2019  (Read 4488 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/4/2019
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2019, 06:09:17 PM »

Derby Time and pouring down rain there.

Sipping Kentucky Bourbon and my last Kentucky Made Cigar Lit

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »

and now I am in charge of watching the littles.
Are you heading back tomorrow?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2019, 06:36:28 PM »

I am. there's a surprise birthday party for my bother 2pm-5pm at the Lyons VFW. he thinks I'm stopping by to say goodbye. I will be actually, only staying an hour and going to head back south. car has to be back Wednesday and I don't want to rush.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »

#7 Maximum Security @ 4-1

Maximum Security is by lightly raced sire New Year's Day, who suffered an injury two months after taking the 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1) and was retired to stud. The bay colt wired the Florida Derby (G1) at Gulfstream Park to earn 100 points and give trainer Jason Servis another shot at Kentucky Derby (G1) glory following Smarty Jones' 2004 victory. Maximum Security was making his stakes bow in the Florida Derby and moved his record to a perfect four-for-four for owners Gary and Mary West. The Kentucky-bred moved up the ranks from a maiden claimer to Grade 1 fame in very short time, something his dam, Lil Indy, was never able to accomplish. Lil Indy was no slouch in the pedigree department, though, being by Anasheed and a half-sister to multiple Grade 1-winning millionaire and sire Flat Out.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2019, 06:58:12 PM »

:-[d
I am. there's a surprise birthday party for my bother 2pm-5pm at the Lyons VFW. he thinks I'm stopping by to say goodbye. I will be actually, only staying an hour and going to head back south. car has to be back Wednesday and I don't want to rush.
Sounds like a plan

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »

good morning Dave. went ouside, lit a cigar, came back inside. damn cold! only 49° but there is a hell of a cold wind just cutting out there.
rehearsal dinner was something. people showed up uninvited. grooms father started getting upset. was nice meeting my future SIL parents and grand mother. my ex's side stayed friendly and was nice to see them. the ex walked in, looked at me, and walked right by me. she ignored me,until I finally walked up to her and gave her a hug, said something pleasant, and went back to the new inlaws.
wedding is at 10:30am and there will be people grumbling about how early and how cold it is I'm sure.
Interesting.  Can't say I've heard of folks showing up uninvited for a rehearsal dinner.  Who were they?  Did ya throw 'em out?
no idea who they were but friends of my daughter and she was gracious enough to welcome them.
Most generally the grooms family manages the rehearsal dinner
I was told to stay out of it, the the brides father wanted to take care of it, so I just minded my own business.
I'm confused.  I thought you were the brides father?

grooms father. misspoke.
Now that makes more sense!

How was the wedding?
absolutely beautiful and emotional for me.
The bride is stunning and you look pretty dapper yourself. Congrats, Deano!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2019, 07:03:27 PM »

Maximum Security is by lightly raced sire New Year's Day, who suffered an injury two months after taking the 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1) and was retired to stud. The bay colt wired the Florida Derby (G1) at Gulfstream Park to earn 100 points and give trainer Jason Servis another shot at Kentucky Derby (G1) glory following Smarty Jones' 2004 victory. Maximum Security was making his stakes bow in the Florida Derby and moved his record to a perfect four-for-four for owners Gary and Mary West. The Kentucky-bred moved up the ranks from a maiden claimer to Grade 1 fame in very short time, something his dam, Lil Indy, was never able to accomplish. Lil Indy was no slouch in the pedigree department, though, being by Anasheed and a half-sister to multiple Grade 1-winning millionaire and sire Flat Out.
Hang on, there is an objection

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »

Hang on, there is an objection
Objection Stands, 65-1 2nd place horse is now the winner

Country House has faced several of his Kentucky Derby (G1) rivals in his past three races. The Bill Mott-trained son of Lookin at Lucky broke his maiden at Gulfstream Park in January and made his stakes debut in the Risen Star Stakes (G2) at Fair Grounds. Following a runner-up effort in that contest, Country House ran fourth in the Louisiana Derby (G2) in New Orleans and then shipped to Oaklawn Park for a third-place effort in the Arkansas Derby (G1).

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »

1st time in Derby history to have the winner disqualified

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2019, 08:11:24 PM »

Now that's a switch. I had my money on you hooking up with the grandmother.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2019, 08:13:40 PM »

good morning Dave. went ouside, lit a cigar, came back inside. damn cold! only 49° but there is a hell of a cold wind just cutting out there.
rehearsal dinner was something. people showed up uninvited. grooms father started getting upset. was nice meeting my future SIL parents and grand mother. my ex's side stayed friendly and was nice to see them. the ex walked in, looked at me, and walked right by me. she ignored me,until I finally walked up to her and gave her a hug, said something pleasant, and went back to the new inlaws.
wedding is at 10:30am and there will be people grumbling about how early and how cold it is I'm sure.
Interesting.  Can't say I've heard of folks showing up uninvited for a rehearsal dinner.  Who were they?  Did ya throw 'em out?
no idea who they were but friends of my daughter and she was gracious enough to welcome them.
I was told to stay out of it, the the brides father wanted to take care of it, so I just minded my own business.

grooms father. misspoke.

How was the wedding?
…and don’t step on my blue suede shoes!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »

grooms father. misspoke.

How was the wedding?
Must take after her mother.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2019, 08:18:16 PM »

grooms father. misspoke.

How was the wedding?
I missed the picture with the dapper Deanster.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »

grooms father. misspoke.

How was the wedding?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »

grooms father. misspoke.

How was the wedding?
Must be SCDave was an invited guest and took the photo?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5