CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: 5/4/2019  (Read 4430 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
5/4/2019
« on: May 04, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »

What's up cigar enthusiasts?!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/4/2019
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 05:21:50 AM »

Morning Sleepers, good hot Cuban is served.

Happy 145th Derby Day!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 05:23:53 AM »

70° here and partly cloudy, mostly sunny with a chance of scattered showers and 81° for the afternoon

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 05:34:32 AM »

Derby Day Updates

13 hours and 15 minutes to post time @ 6:50 ET

Looks like a 20 horse lineup for the field.

Game Winner is the pre-race favorite at odds of 9-2. 

Trainer Bob Baffert has saddled five Kentucky Derby winners in his career and he won the Triple Crown a year ago with Justify. He has three horses in this year's race in Game Winner, Roadster and Improbable, and he has an excellent chance of saddling the Derby winner for the sixth time in his career.

2019 Kentucky Derby Weather Forecast Predicts Rain on Race Day

The owner, trainer and jockey of the horse that wins the 1¼-mile race will take home $1.86 million of the $3 million purse. This year's prize money has increased by $1 million, per KentuckyDerby.com.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 05:57:19 AM »

good morning Dave. went ouside, lit a cigar, came back inside. damn cold! only 49° but there is a hell of a cold wind just cutting out there.
rehearsal dinner was something. people showed up uninvited. grooms father started getting upset. was nice meeting my future SIL parents and grand mother. my ex's side stayed friendly and was nice to see them. the ex walked in, looked at me, and walked right by me. she ignored me,until I finally walked up to her and gave her a hug, said something pleasant, and went back to the new inlaws.
wedding is at 10:30am and there will be people grumbling about how early and how cold it is I'm sure.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 06:08:56 AM »

good morning Dave. went ouside, lit a cigar, came back inside. damn cold! only 49° but there is a hell of a cold wind just cutting out there.
rehearsal dinner was something. people showed up uninvited. grooms father started getting upset. was nice meeting my future SIL parents and grand mother. my ex's side stayed friendly and was nice to see them. the ex walked in, looked at me, and walked right by me. she ignored me,until I finally walked up to her and gave her a hug, said something pleasant, and went back to the new inlaws.
wedding is at 10:30am and there will be people grumbling about how early and how cold it is I'm sure.
Morning Dean’O, you better call BoilerCheckerBlue

Weddings and funerals often seem to bring out the worst in some people.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 06:35:58 AM »

Morning Dean’O, you better call BoilerCheckerBlue

Weddings and funerals often seem to bring out the worst in some people.
my daughter asked me to do Grace in front of 35 loud guests, I ended with 'Lord, give us the gift to settle our differences and mind our own business. Amen.'

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 06:39:56 AM »

should have packed my London Fog overcoat.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 07:42:07 AM »

SHEESH, must be a mind our own business Lull !

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 07:45:29 AM »

SHEESH, must be a mind our own business Lull !
been entertaining my nephews little girls showing them videos of Crystal River manatees and some of my kayaking island hoping videos.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 08:41:28 AM »

People gotta grumble about something.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »

“PONCA”

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 08:42:17 AM »

should have packed my London Fog overcoat.
I told you...and you laughed at me...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 08:46:39 AM »

Interesting.  Can't say I've heard of folks showing up uninvited for a rehearsal dinner.  Who were they?  Did ya throw 'em out?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 08:49:13 AM »

Today is Saturday, May 4, the 124th day of 2019. There are 241 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On May 4, 1961, the first group of "Freedom Riders" left Washington, D.C. to challenge racial segregation on interstate buses and in bus terminals.

On this date:
In 1626, Dutch explorer Peter Minuit landed on present-day Manhattan Island.
In 1886, at Haymarket Square in Chicago, a labor demonstration for an 8-hour work day turned into a deadly riot when a bomb exploded.
In 1916, responding to a demand from President Woodrow Wilson, Germany agreed to limit its submarine warfare. (However, Germany resumed unrestricted submarine warfare the following year.)
In 1925, an international conference opened in Geneva to forge an agreement against the use of chemical and biological weapons in war; the Geneva Protocol was signed on June 17, 1925 and went into force in 1928.
In 1932, mobster Al Capone, convicted of income-tax evasion, entered the federal penitentiary in Atlanta. (Capone was later transferred to Alcatraz Island.)
In 1942, the Battle of the Coral Sea, the first naval clash fought entirely with carrier aircraft, began in the Pacific during World War II. (The outcome was considered a tactical victory for Japan, but ultimately a strategic one for the Allies.)
In 1959, the first Grammy Awards ceremony was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Domenico Modugno won Record of the Year and Song of the Year for "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)"; Henry Mancini won Album of the Year for "The Music from Peter Gunn."
In 1968, the Oroville Dam in Northern California was dedicated by Gov. Ronald Reagan; the 770-foot-tall earth-filled structure, a pet project of Reagan's predecessor, Pat Brown, remains the tallest dam in the United States, but was also the scene of a near disaster in February 2017 when two spillways collapsed, threatening for a time to flood parts of three counties in the Sierra Nevada foothills.
In 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire during an anti-war protest at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.
In 1980, Marshal Josip Broz Tito, president of Yugoslavia, died three days before his 88th birthday.
In 1998, Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski (kah-ZIHN'-skee) was given four life sentences plus 30 years by a federal judge in Sacramento, California, under a plea agreement that spared him the death penalty.
In 2006, A federal judge sentenced Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE'-uhs moo-SOW'-ee) to life in prison for his role in the 9/11 attacks, telling the convicted terrorist, "You will die with a whimper."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5