Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2019, 06:52:20 AM »

Ten years ago: The United States declared a public health emergency as more possible cases of swine flu surfaced from Canada to New Zealand; officials in Mexico City closed everything from concerts to sports matches to churches in an effort to stem the spread of the virus. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton made an unannounced visit to Lebanon, where she met with President Michel Suleiman.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama opened the first visit by a U.S. president in nearly half a century to Malaysia, the third stop on his weeklong goodwill trip through Asia. A British helicopter crashed in southern Afghanistan, killing five NATO troops.

One year ago: Bill Cosby was convicted of drugging and molesting Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia mansion in 2004; it was the first big celebrity trial of the #MeToo era and completed the spectacular downfall of a comedian who broke racial barriers on his way to TV superstardom. (Cosby was later sentenced to three to 10 years in prison.) Mike Pompeo was sworn in as secretary of state, minutes after being confirmed by the Senate; he then flew immediately to Brussels for meetings at NATO headquarters. President Donald Trump's White House doctor, Ronny Jackson, withdrew his nomination to be Veterans Affairs secretary in the face of accusations of misconduct. Teachers in Arizona and Colorado converged on state capitols as they launched widespread walkouts in a bid for better pay and education funding. Four quarterbacks were chosen in the first 10 selections in the NFL draft, with the Cleveland Browns grabbing Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield out of Oklahoma.

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2019, 06:52:28 AM »

Happy Avengers day!
This movie is gonna make just absolute buckets of money.

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2019, 06:54:57 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Architect I.M. Pei is 102.
Actress-comedian Carol Burnett is 86.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Maurice Williams is 81.
Songwriter-musician Duane Eddy is 81.
Singer Bobby Rydell is 77.
Rock musician Gary Wright is 76.
Actress Nancy Lenehan is 66.
Actor Giancarlo Esposito is 61.
Rock musician Roger Taylor (Duran Duran) is 59.
Actress Joan Chen is 58.
Rock musician Chris Mars is 58.
Actor-singer Michael Damian is 57.
Actor Jet Li (lee) is 56.
Rock musician Jimmy Stafford (Train) is 55.
Actor-comedian Kevin James is 54.
Record company executive Jeff Huskins is 53.
Former U.S. Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey (TREHTH'-eh-way) is 53.
Actress Marianne Jean-Baptiste is 52.
Country musician Joe Caverlee (Yankee Grey) is 51.
Rapper T-Boz (TLC) is 49.
First lady Melania Trump is 49.
Actress Shondrella Avery is 48.
Actress Simbi Kali is 48.
Country musician Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts) is 48.
Country musician Michael Jeffers (Pinmonkey) is 47.
Rock musician Jose Pasillas (Incubus) is 43.
Actor Jason Earles is 42.
Actor Leonard Earl Howze is 42.
Actor Amin Joseph is 42.
Actor Tom Welling is 42.
Actor Pablo Schreiber is 41.
Actor Nyambi Nyambi is 40.
Actress Jordana Brewster is 39.
Actress Stana Katic is 39.
Actress Marnette Patterson is 39.
Actor Channing Tatum is 39.
 Americana/roots singer-songwriter Lilly Hiatt is 35.
Actress Emily Wickersham is 35.
Actor Aaron Weeks is 33.
Electro pop musician James Sunderland (Frenship) is 32.
New York Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge is 27.

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 06:55:25 AM »

Thought for Today: "Perfect order is the forerunner of perfect horror." — Carlos Fuentes, Mexican author (1928-2012).

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2019, 06:58:59 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2019, 07:02:51 AM »

Thought for Today: "Perfect order is the forerunner of perfect horror." — Carlos Fuentes, Mexican author (1928-2012).

"Impatient never be."

Yoda

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2019, 07:04:07 AM »

Architect I.M. Pei is 102.

I thought he died years ago.
have a few of his books.

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2019, 07:05:23 AM »

Thought for Today: "Perfect order is the forerunner of perfect horror." — Carlos Fuentes, Mexican author (1928-2012).

"Impatient never be."

Yoda
CNS

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2019, 07:05:34 AM »

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2019, 07:06:58 AM »

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 07:14:43 AM »

                 R.I.P.

Wildrose Texas Magnum Hunter

              “Magnum”

January 3, 2007 - April 25, 2019

Magnum and his little brother Cayman in Austin.
I'm very sorry for your loss, Dave.

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 07:17:19 AM »

Day one of the draft done.  Of course some surprises and all the experts trying to explain why their lists were very different.
Draft Day? is that when they send the kneelers to boot camp and then send them overseas to fight for our freedoms?
You mean like the freedom to kneel during the anthem? ;)
why is it you don't see them fukking kneeling anyplace else.
can you kneel at work?
I'm kneeling now... And my boss is giving it to me. Meteorically, of course.

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2019, 07:18:41 AM »

Day one of the draft done.  Of course some surprises and all the experts trying to explain why their lists were very different.
Draft Day? is that when they send the kneelers to boot camp and then send them overseas to fight for our freedoms?
You mean like the freedom to kneel during the anthem? ;)
why is it you don't see them fukking kneeling anyplace else.
can you kneel at work?
I'm kneeling now... And my boss is giving it to me. Meteorically, of course.

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2019, 07:18:50 AM »

Day one of the draft done.  Of course some surprises and all the experts trying to explain why their lists were very different.
Draft Day? is that when they send the kneelers to boot camp and then send them overseas to fight for our freedoms?
You mean like the freedom to kneel during the anthem? ;)
why is it you don't see them fukking kneeling anyplace else.
can you kneel at work?
I'm kneeling now... And my boss is giving it to me. Meteorically, of course.
That's a fine way to wrap up the week.

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2019, 07:20:33 AM »

A happy package arrived yesterday!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6