CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 4/12/2019  (Read 4651 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 4/12/2019
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2019, 11:35:31 AM »

Good morning boys, Happy Friday! You retired guys can GFYs before you even make some stupid comment like "every day is Friday" or some shit like that.
How goes it, Scott?
Not bad Tony, yourself? Doesn't sound like our paths will cross this CFest season?
I'm not writing it off just yet.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2019, 11:39:03 AM »

Fun fact of the day: 2.7 million people still use Netflix DVDs.
I didn't even realize they still offered that service.
The resolution provided by Bluray discs is higher than streaming.  So I can see it being worthwhile if you enjoy action movies in particular.
That's interesting. Don't know that I care so much or even notice the difference.
An interesting thing to consider: I did my 65" - 4K TV project and then found that I had to also exchange my DirecTV box to a 4K box otherwise the TV resolution is useless, so you need the source to match the monitor
True.  Learning about this with the new house AV.  Top end is OLED/QLED but mucho dinaro for that technology and useless unless watching the content from a disc.
I have an LG OLED and it is amazing with Blu-ray disks or some internet products but with Time WarnerCable signal quality it was a total waste of money.  Unfortunately TWC is my only option.
Which is why we bought a 4K for the family room.  75".  So mine is bigger than Fish's.  TWSS as well.
Duh. Have you ever seen a fish dick?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2019, 11:47:26 AM »

good morning Daves and Tony. no boiler report?
2nd shift duty. I'm at Ruby Tuesday with the Wifey right now

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2019, 12:34:51 PM »

The resolution provided by Bluray discs is higher than streaming.  So I can see it being worthwhile if you enjoy action movies in particular.
That's interesting. Don't know that I care so much or even notice the difference.
An interesting thing to consider: I did my 65" - 4K TV project and then found that I had to also exchange my DirecTV box to a 4K box otherwise the TV resolution is useless, so you need the source to match the monitor
True.  Learning about this with the new house AV.  Top end is OLED/QLED but mucho dinaro for that technology and useless unless watching the content from a disc.
I have an LG OLED and it is amazing with Blu-ray disks or some internet products but with Time WarnerCable signal quality it was a total waste of money.  Unfortunately TWC is my only option.
Which is why we bought a 4K for the family room.  75".  So mine is bigger than Fish's.  TWSS as well.
👀

sfish

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »

Classic overcompensation

sfish

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2019, 12:40:00 PM »

sfish

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2019, 12:44:49 PM »

Surface mounted?  ;D

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2019, 12:45:18 PM »

I just tried a grilled cheese sandwich. may be ready for soft shell tacos for dinner.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2019, 12:46:51 PM »

good morning Daves and Tony. no boiler report?
2nd shift duty. I'm at Ruby Tuesday with the Wifey right now
In that case, put the phone down!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2019, 12:59:06 PM »

Surface mounted?  ;D
Must be, you can't mount her standing up with a fish dick!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »

I just tried a grilled cheese sandwich. may be ready for soft shell tacos for dinner.
I had P.F. Chang’s Long Life Noodles and Prongs, BOGO Deal today.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2019, 01:14:22 PM »

Time for a short nap then it will be cigar time

Threebean

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »

Surface mounted?  ;D
Well Wall hung.   8)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2019, 01:55:19 PM »

Time for a short nap then it will be cigar time
Same. Except my nap will be during my next meeting. Need to pick a cigar for the trek homeward.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »

Hazzuh!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7