CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 4/12/2019  (Read 4667 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 4/12/2019
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »

Fun fact of the day: 2.7 million people still use Netflix DVDs.
I didn't even realize they still offered that service.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2019, 10:23:13 AM »

Good morning TwoDaves, Mayor, and Dean. Where's our boiler checker?
Hiya, BackAtHomeMark.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »

Good morning boys, Happy Friday! You retired guys can GFYs before you even make some stupid comment like "every day is Friday" or some shit like that.
How goes it, Scott?

Threebean

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »

The resolution provided by Bluray discs is higher than streaming.  So I can see it being worthwhile if you enjoy action movies in particular.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »

The resolution provided by Bluray discs is higher than streaming.  So I can see it being worthwhile if you enjoy action movies in particular.
That's interesting. Don't know that I care so much or even notice the difference.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »

That's interesting. Don't know that I care so much or even notice the difference.
It only matters if you have an extremely high quality tv

sfish

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2019, 10:35:50 AM »

Good morning boys, Happy Friday! You retired guys can GFYs before you even make some stupid comment like "every day is Friday" or some shit like that.
How goes it, Scott?
Not bad Tony, yourself? Doesn't sound like our paths will cross this CFest season?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2019, 10:36:38 AM »

That's what makes it such a fun fact.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »

How goes it, Scott?
Not bad Tony, yourself? Doesn't sound like our paths will cross this CFest season?
is anybody surprised?

sfish

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »

An interesting thing to consider: I did my 65" - 4K TV project and then found that I had to also exchange my DirecTV box to a 4K box otherwise the TV resolution is useless, so you need the source to match the monitor

sfish

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2019, 10:39:50 AM »

That's what makes it such a fun fact.
CNS

Threebean

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2019, 11:06:00 AM »

An interesting thing to consider: I did my 65" - 4K TV project and then found that I had to also exchange my DirecTV box to a 4K box otherwise the TV resolution is useless, so you need the source to match the monitor
True.  Learning about this with the new house AV.  Top end is OLED/QLED but mucho dinaro for that technology and useless unless watching the content from a disc.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2019, 11:22:48 AM »

True.  Learning about this with the new house AV.  Top end is OLED/QLED but mucho dinaro for that technology and useless unless watching the content from a disc.
I have an LG OLED and it is amazing with Blu-ray disks or some internet products but with Time WarnerCable signal quality it was a total waste of money.  Unfortunately TWC is my only option.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2019, 11:28:28 AM »

3’s A Crowd I Guess

April 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM EDT - Updated April 12 at 10:41 AM
WOODBURY, NJ (AP) - Authorities say a woman set fire to her boyfriend’s home several hours after they had a consensual sexual encounter there with another woman.

Police in Woodbury, New Jersey, say Tasia Young told them she had been “going through a lot” and was angry her boyfriend had her take a cab home after the encounter while the other woman remained at the home.

No injuries were reported in Sunday night’s fire. But Young’s boyfriend and six other people who live in nearby apartments were displaced.

Authorities say the 33-year-old Woodbury woman came to police headquarters Tuesday and confessed to setting the fire.

Young is charged with arson, aggravated assault, criminal mischief and endangerment. Police didn’t know if she had an attorney to speak for her, and a phone listing couldn’t be found.

Threebean

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2019, 11:29:48 AM »

I have an LG OLED and it is amazing with Blu-ray disks or some internet products but with Time WarnerCable signal quality it was a total waste of money.  Unfortunately TWC is my only option.
Which is why we bought a 4K for the family room.  75".  So mine is bigger than Fish's.  TWSS as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7