CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: 4/9/2019  (Read 7358 times)

Threebean

Re: 4/9/2019
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2019, 12:29:14 PM »

Time for me to pack it up and head to the airport.  Off to Portland, OR for a couple days.  Adios, mofos.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »

sheesh. to rent a vehicle to drive outside of Florida, Georgia, or Alabama you need a major credit card, they do not accept debit.
WTF.
Probably want to make sure they'll get their money if you bust up the car or decide to make a break for it.
seriously considering taking my own vehicle now.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2019, 12:44:00 PM »

sheesh. to rent a vehicle to drive outside of Florida, Georgia, or Alabama you need a major credit card, they do not accept debit.
WTF.
Probably want to make sure they'll get their money if you bust up the car or decide to make a break for it.
Would one of those prepaid cards work? You can get them at Walmart and put a small amount on them, and they work like CCs. Might be worth a shot.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2019, 12:58:35 PM »

WTF.
Would one of those prepaid cards work? You can get them at Walmart and put a small amount on them, and they work like CCs. Might be worth a shot.
I applied for a credit card and was approved. will be here 7-14 days. just don't like the idea of having one.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »

Morning guys. Hopefully today goes well for you.
Nothing can go wrong on Twofer Tuesday. Morning, Rick.
Hi Dave. When is CF for you?
Only 23 days to go. May 2-4.
Good morning, Dave.

Speaking of which, I definitely can't make Friday. My daughter is in a school play that evening. So now I'm hoping we get an early enough start on Saturday that we might still be able to have lunch or something.
That's what video cameras are for, let's go!
Don't you have some religious celebration to attend?
No, you both already used that first communion excuse and to early to go with the confirmation or marriage things...
That's not entirely true. I have a daughter up for confirmation next year.
the world needs to coordinate it's events around CF for Tony. I think that's something the UN should address.
Agreed!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »

WTF.
I applied for a credit card and was approved. will be here 7-14 days. just don't like the idea of having one.
If your other card is an actual debit card, not an ATM card, then the CC is much safer, honestly. Debit cards are not protected the way CCs are. If someone steals your debit and empties your account, the bank is under no legal obligation to give you any of the money back you lost. If they steal your CC and start racking up charges, you can dispute them and be out nothing. I think you'll be good.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2019, 01:07:52 PM »

Morning guys. Hopefully today goes well for you.
Nothing can go wrong on Twofer Tuesday. Morning, Rick.
Hi Dave. When is CF for you?
Only 23 days to go. May 2-4.
Good morning, Dave.

Speaking of which, I definitely can't make Friday. My daughter is in a school play that evening. So now I'm hoping we get an early enough start on Saturday that we might still be able to have lunch or something.
That's what video cameras are for, let's go!
Don't you have some religious celebration to attend?
No, you both already used that first communion excuse and to early to go with the confirmation or marriage things...
That's not entirely true. I have a daughter up for confirmation next year.
the world needs to coordinate it's events around CF for Tony. I think that's something the UN should address.
Agreed!
Propose a resolution, see if it makes it to a committee before Dean's CC arrives. :D

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2019, 01:23:41 PM »

WTF.
Easier than a wallet to carry around when you have no clothes on.  you can just slide it in the back of the phone.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2019, 01:24:55 PM »

WTF.
Easier than a wallet to carry around when you have no clothes on.  you can just slide it in the back of the phone.
LALTS

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2019, 01:25:15 PM »

WTF.
If your other card is an actual debit card, not an ATM card, then the CC is much safer, honestly. Debit cards are not protected the way CCs are. If someone steals your debit and empties your account, the bank is under no legal obligation to give you any of the money back you lost. If they steal your CC and start racking up charges, you can dispute them and be out nothing. I think you'll be good.
Agree fully.  Only reason I have a debit card is that it's the one used for ATM withdrawls.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2019, 01:27:03 PM »

Curious what the sediment was on the la Gran llave Connecticut and creme? Cigar comments. Can't believe I have to put that in...lol
Haven't had the Espinosa Crème, but La Gran Llave is a nice connie.  Nothing too exciting, little bit of pepper.  I like it for mornings.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »

Time for me to pack it up and head to the airport.  Off to Portland, OR for a couple days.  Adios, mofos.
There aren't enough commies at home, you have to go to the heart of commieland?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »

Be safe Bean

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2019, 01:43:43 PM »

Curious what the sediment was on the la Gran llave Connecticut and creme? Cigar comments. Can't believe I have to put that in...lol
Haven't had the Espinosa Crème, but La Gran Llave is a nice connie.  Nothing too exciting, little bit of pepper.  I like it for mornings.
Thanks Dave

Threebean

« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »

There aren't enough commies at home, you have to go to the heart of commieland?
No kidding.  Time now for a gate rack report
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10