Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 06:45:22 AM »

Rick, did you have a nice Who's Birthday?

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 06:46:16 AM »

and Tony bails on CF again. who won that bet?

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:47 AM »

do nothing day for me after I take the homeless to work.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 06:48:35 AM »

good morning Rick, Tony, and Dave.
Good morning Dean

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 06:50:46 AM »

Rick, did you have a nice Who's Birthday?
Yeah it was good. Went to my folks for dinner. Thank you.

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 06:53:21 AM »

Morning guys. Hopefully today goes well for you.
Nothing can go wrong on Twofer Tuesday. Morning, Rick.
Hi Dave. When is CF for you?
Only 23 days to go. May 2-4.
Good morning, Dave.

Speaking of which, I definitely can't make Friday. My daughter is in a school play that evening. So now I'm hoping we get an early enough start on Saturday that we might still be able to have lunch or something.
WHATYOUCANTMAKEITIMCOMPLETELYSURPRISEDBYTHIS
Don't be surprised. It was always a long shot and I said that from the start. Don't try to make me out to be the guy that never shows up. In fact, I probably show up to more herfs than anyone.
And if that's not hard enough to believe.  He usually arrives at the time he said he will...or even earlier.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 06:53:22 AM »

Box of Espinosa Hababos shipped. Coming Thursday

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 06:54:49 AM »

do nothing day for me after I take the homeless to work.
I missed this part, they got kicked out of the house?

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »

do nothing day for me after I take the homeless to work.
I missed this part, they got kicked out of the house?
Clearly.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 07:04:02 AM »

and Tony bails on CF again. who won that bet?
Definitely me.

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 07:05:47 AM »

Nobody said anything about on time.

Good morning, NJDave.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 07:06:11 AM »

Today is Tuesday, April 9, the 99th day of 2019. There are 266 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On April 9, 1968, funeral services, private and public, were held for Martin Luther King Jr. at the Ebenezer Baptist Church and Morehouse College in Atlanta, five days after the civil rights leader was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee.
On this date:
In 1865, Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee surrendered his army to Union Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Court House in Virginia.
In 1913, the first game was played at Ebbets Field, the newly built home of the Brooklyn Dodgers, who lost to the Philadelphia Phillies, 1-0.
In 1939, singer Marian Anderson performed a concert at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., after being denied the use of Constitution Hall by the Daughters of the American Revolution.
In 1940, during World War II, Germany invaded Denmark and Norway.
In 1942, during World War II, some 75,000 Philippine and American defenders on Bataan surrendered to Japanese troops, who forced the prisoners into what became known as the Bataan Death March; thousands died or were killed en route.
In 1959, NASA presented its first seven astronauts: Scott Carpenter, Gordon Cooper, John Glenn, Gus Grissom, Wally Schirra, Alan Shepard and Donald Slayton. Architect Frank Lloyd Wright, 91, died in Phoenix, Arizona.
In 1965, the newly built Astrodome in Houston featured its first baseball game, an exhibition between the Astros and the New York Yankees, with President Lyndon B. Johnson in attendance. (The Astros won, 2-1, in 12 innings.)
In 1979, officials declared an end to the crisis involving the Three Mile Island Unit 2 nuclear reactor in Pennsylvania, 12 days after a partial core meltdown.
In 1983, the space shuttle Challenger ended its first mission with a safe landing at Edwards Air Force Base in California.
In 1984, "Terms of Endearment" won five Academy Awards, including best picture, best actress for Shirley MacLaine and best supporting actor for Jack Nicholson.
In 1992, former Panamanian ruler Manuel Noriega was convicted in Miami of eight drug and racketeering charges; he served a 17-year U.S. prison sentence.
In 2003, jubilant Iraqis celebrated the collapse of Saddam Hussein's regime, beheading a toppled statue of their longtime ruler in downtown Baghdad and embracing American troops as liberators.

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 07:07:14 AM »

Ten years ago: North Korea's rubber-stamp parliament appointed Kim Jong Il to a third term as leader. Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart, 22, and two others were killed in a car crash by a suspected drunken driver. (Andrew Thomas Gallo was convicted of three counts of second-degree murder and sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.)

Five years ago: A 16-year-old boy armed with two knives went on a rampage at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pennsylvania, stabbing 20 students and a security guard (all of whom survived). President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, visited Fort Hood, Texas, the scene of a shooting a week earlier in which three U.S. Army soldiers were killed by a fellow soldier who then took his own life.

One year ago: Federal agents raided the office of President Donald Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, seizing records on matters including a $130,000 payment made to porn actress Stormy Daniels. Trump denounced Robert Mueller's Russia investigation as "an attack on our country," prompting new speculation that he might seek the removal of the Justice Department's special counsel. Opening statements began in the retrial of Bill Cosby, charged with drugging and molesting Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home. (Cosby was convicted and sentenced to three to 10 years in prison.) Facebook began alerting some users that their data had been swept up in the Cambridge Analytica privacy scandal. Fleetwood Mac announced that singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham would not be part of the band's new tour. (The tour began in October with Mike Campbell and Neil Finn replacing Buckingham.)

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 07:07:37 AM »

Thought for Today: “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906-1945).

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 07:14:34 AM »

Birthdays

Satirical songwriter and mathematician Tom Lehrer is 90.
Naturalist Jim Fowler is 88.
Actor Jean-Paul Belmondo is 85.
Actress Michael Learned is 79.
Country singer Margo Smith is 76.
Country singer Hal Ketchum is 65.
Actor Dennis Quaid turns 64
Comedian Jimmy Tingle is 63.
Country musician Dave Innis (Restless Heart) is 59.
Talk show host Joe Scarborough is 55.
Actress-sports reporter Lisa Guerrero is 54.
Actor Mark Pellegrino is 53.
Actress-model Paulina Porizkova is 53.
Actress Cynthia Nixon is 52.
Rock singer Kevin Martin (Candlebox) is 49.
TV personality Sunny Anderson is 43.
Rock singer Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance) is 41.
Actress Keshia Knight Pulliam turns 39
Rock musician Albert Hammond Jr. (The Strokes) is 38.
Actor Charlie Hunnam is 38.
Actor Ryan Northcott is 38.
Actor Arlen Escarpeta is 37.
Actor Jay Baruchel is 36.
Actress Annie Funke is 33.
Actor Jordan Masterson is 32.
Actress Leighton Meester is 32.
Actor-singer Jesse McCartney is 31.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Jazmine Sullivan is 31.
Actress Kristen Stewart turns 28
Actress Elle Fanning turns 20
Actor Isaac Hempstead Wright is 19.
Classical crossover singer Jackie Evancho is 18.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10