Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:41 AM »

made it safe and sound. cut a half hour off the drive. must have been speeding a little. but again there was zero traffic.
Glad you made it safely, zero traffic makes a huge difference these days

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »

Ten years ago: British sailors and marines back home after being freed by Iran said they were blindfolded, isolated in cold stone cells and tricked into fearing execution while being coerced into falsely saying they had entered Iranian waters. A suicide bomber smashed a truck loaded with TNT and toxic chlorine gas into a police checkpoint in Ramadi, Iraq, killing 27 people.

Five years ago: Five black people were shot, three fatally, in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Jake England and Alvin Watts, who admitted targeting the victims because of race, pleaded guilty to murder, and were sentenced to life in prison without parole. A Navy F18 Hornet jet whose pilots were forced to eject crashed in a spectacular fireball into a big apartment complex in Virginia Beach, Virginia; miraculously, no one died. Fang Lizhi, 76, who was one of China’s best-known dissidents, died in Tucson, Arizona. Painter Thomas Kinkade, 54, died in Monte Sereno, California.

One year ago: A federal judge in Charleston, West Virginia, sentenced former coal executive Don Blankenship to a year in prison for his role in the 2010 Upper Big Branch Mine explosion that killed 29 men in America’s deadliest mining disaster in four decades; Blankenship maintained that he had committed no crime. Country giant Merle Haggard died in Palo Cedro, California, on his 79th birthday.

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 08:45:22 AM »

Morning SCDave, OnTheRoadDean and HereAndGoneTony.
Morning ?Dave

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 08:46:26 AM »

Today’s Birthdays

Nobel Prize-winning scientist James D. Watson is 89.
Composer-conductor Andre Previn is 88.
Actor Billy Dee Williams is 80.
Actor Roy Thinnes is 79.
Movie director Barry Levinson is 75.
Actor John Ratzenberger is 70.
Actress Patrika Darbo is 69.
Baseball Hall of Famer Bert Blyleven is 66.
Actress Marilu Henner is 65.
Olympic bronze medal figure skater Janet Lynn is 64.
Actor Michael Rooker is 62.
Former U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is 61.
Rock musician Warren Haynes is 57.
Rock singer-musician Frank Black is 52.
Actress Ari Meyers is 48.
Actor Paul Rudd is 48.
Actor-producer Jason Hervey is 45.
Rock musician Markku Lappalainen is 44.
Actor Zach Braff is 42.
Actor Joel Garland is 42.
Actress Candace Cameron Bure is 41.
Actor Teddy Sears is 40.
Jazz and rhythm-and-blues musician Robert Glasper is 39.
Actress Eliza Coupe is 36.
Folk singer-musician Kenneth Pattengale (Milk Carton Kids) is 35.
Actor Bret Harrison is 35.
Actor Charlie McDermott is 27.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 08:47:14 AM »

“To be really cosmopolitan, a man must be at home even in his own country.” — Thomas Wentworth Higginson, American clergyman-author (1823-1911).

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 08:53:13 AM »

made it safe and sound. cut a half hour off the drive. must have been speeding a little. but again there was zero traffic.
Looking forward to getting out on the road myself this week.  Heading down to SC with a stop in Purlear NC (NW cprmer of NC) to see a longtime friend on Wednesday.

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 08:56:04 AM »

Mr. Bean's Pepin Blues are DoD on CI...not quite at a cheapy-cheapo price.

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 10:19:20 AM »

Holy Sheesh!  Good Thing/Bad Thing - I was looking for a tub of ammunition because I plan on going to the range next week, well I still have not found the ammo but I found a large full tub of cigars that I did not realize I had.  Nice but WTF is the tub of ammo, a lot of $$$ in that tub and I know I moved it in because it was so damn heavy. FMTT’s!

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 10:48:54 AM »

Holy Sheesh!  Good Thing/Bad Thing - I was looking for a tub of ammunition because I plan on going to the range next week, well I still have not found the ammo but I found a large full tub of cigars that I did not realize I had.  Nice but WTF is the tub of ammo, a lot of $$$ in that tub and I know I moved it in because it was so damn heavy. FMTT’s!
Well you can't smoke ammo. Our can you?

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 10:50:09 AM »

Opening Day parade done. Last minute sporting goods store visit done. Next it's team pictures followed by game. That Little League owns me today.

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 11:39:22 AM »

Opening Day parade done. Last minute sporting goods store visit done. Next it's team pictures followed by game. That Little League owns me today.
You is nothing more than a LL Whore😀

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »

Holy Sheesh!  Good Thing/Bad Thing - I was looking for a tub of ammunition because I plan on going to the range next week, well I still have not found the ammo but I found a large full tub of cigars that I did not realize I had.  Nice but WTF is the tub of ammo, a lot of $$$ in that tub and I know I moved it in because it was so damn heavy. FMTT’s!
Well you can't smoke ammo. Our can you?
Problem resolved,I had unpacked it out of the tub and put it in my closet.

So now I got cigars and bullets!

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 11:59:43 AM »

Holy Sheesh!  Good Thing/Bad Thing - I was looking for a tub of ammunition because I plan on going to the range next week, well I still have not found the ammo but I found a large full tub of cigars that I did not realize I had.  Nice but WTF is the tub of ammo, a lot of $$$ in that tub and I know I moved it in because it was so damn heavy. FMTT’s!
Well you can't smoke ammo. Our can you?
Problem resolved,I had unpacked it out of the tub and put it in my closet.

So now I got cigars and bullets!
Good job.

Game about to start here. Beautiful day for baseball. Wish I could smoke a cigar too.

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »

Opening Day parade done. Last minute sporting goods store visit done. Next it's team pictures followed by game. That Little League owns me today.
You is nothing more than a LL Whore😀
And he's proud of it.

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »

Holy Sheesh!  Good Thing/Bad Thing - I was looking for a tub of ammunition because I plan on going to the range next week, well I still have not found the ammo but I found a large full tub of cigars that I did not realize I had.  Nice but WTF is the tub of ammo, a lot of $$$ in that tub and I know I moved it in because it was so damn heavy. FMTT’s!
Well you can't smoke ammo. Our can you?
Well, kinda...
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3