Pages: [1] 2 3

  • Administrator
4/6/2019
« on: April 06, 2019, 12:01:37 AM »

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 12:08:43 AM »

Evening whoever is left.  Lirio Rojo and Don Julio on the rocks.  Very pleasant evening out.
Hi NJDave. Enjoy.
That was Bean, Tony.
I think he was trying to say I smoke the cigars you like.  Which for the most part is true.
Appreciate the excuse but I legit screwed up on that one.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 12:09:52 AM »

And with that I'm turning in. Good night, boys.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 04:31:38 AM »

good morning guys. leaving to pick up a passenger for the drive to St Augustine in about 45 minutes. just a bunch of informational meetings today. business meeting tomorrow which I'm not staying for. no powerpoint or movie today, that's in June, just taking notes.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 04:36:21 AM »

good morning guys. leaving to pick up a passenger for the drive to St Augustine in about 45 minutes. just a bunch of informational meetings today. business meeting tomorrow which I'm not staying for. no powerpoint or movie today, that's in June, just taking notes.
Safe drive, Dean.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 05:01:30 AM »

Sheesh, some early risers this morning, I don’t even have any coffee made yet.

Morning Dean’O and Mayor T.

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 05:22:07 AM »

Got some Hot Cuban now so I can offer a proper good morning - Happy 6th Saturday!

“My work is like my vacation, so in a way every day is like Saturday.”

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 05:44:00 AM »

Mostly cloudy and 62° this morning, partly cloudy and 72° for the afternoon.

I think the boy is bringing his boat over here to put it on my lift today.

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 07:51:52 AM »

SHEESH!

Somebody needs to do a boiler check!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 08:05:43 AM »

SHEESH!

Somebody needs to do a boiler check!
It's actually cold enough at the moment to do one. It's supposed to reach 70° here today. Opening Day for Little League Baseball today. Gotta run.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 08:32:57 AM »

made it safe and sound. cut a half hour off the drive. must have been speeding a little. but again there was zero traffic.

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 08:40:42 AM »

Morning SCDave, OnTheRoadDean and HereAndGoneTony.

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 08:41:42 AM »

If you missed out on your ABs this week on the Sis, they're available on the Weekend offer at CI....sheesh.

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 08:43:52 AM »

SHEESH!

Somebody needs to do a boiler check!
It's actually cold enough at the moment to do one. It's supposed to reach 70° here today. Opening Day for Little League Baseball today. Gotta run.
Good luck to the Team

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:16 AM »

Today is Thursday, April 6, the 96th day of 2017. There are 269 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight
On April 6, 1917, the United States entered World War I as the House joined the Senate in approving a declaration of war against Germany that was then signed by President Woodrow Wilson.

On this date
In 1830, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized by Joseph Smith in Fayette, New York.
In 1886, the Canadian city of Vancouver, British Columbia, was incorporated.
In 1896, the first modern Olympic games formally opened in Athens, Greece.
In 1909, American explorers Robert E. Peary and Matthew A. Henson and four Inuits became the first men to reach the North Pole.
In 1947, the first Tony Awards were held in New York; this event, focusing on individual achievement rather than specific works, honored Ingrid Bergman, Helen Hayes, Jose Ferrer, Fredric March and playwright Arthur Miller, among others.

In 1954, Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy, R-Wis., responding to CBS newsman Edward R. Murrow’s broadside against him on “See It Now,” said in remarks filmed for the program that Murrow had, in the past, “engaged in propaganda for Communist causes.”
In 1965, the United States launched Intelsat I, also known as the “Early Bird” communications satellite, into geosynchronous orbit.
In 1971, Russian-born composer Igor Stravinsky, 88, died in New York City.

In 1980, 3M introduced its “Post-it Notes,” a re-branding of a product formerly known as “Press ’n Peel.”
In 1992, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled a Nebraska farmer had been entrapped by postal agents into buying mail-order child pornography. The four-year siege of Sarajevo by Bosnian Serb forces began. Science-fiction author Isaac Asimov died in New York at age 72.
In 1998, country singer Tammy Wynette died at her Nashville home at age 55.
In 2014, actor Mickey Rooney, 93, died in North Hollywood.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3