Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2019, 09:29:23 PM »

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Women's NCAA Tournament bracket is available to the public after ESPNU mistakenly aired match-ups during its 3 p.m. programming, giving away the entire field.

The selection show was supposed to unveil the women's bracket at 6 p.m. Monday on ESPN.

Because of the slip up, Karen Aston's Texas team knows its fate as a No. 7 seed in the Portland Region. Texas will face No. 10 seed Indiana Friday in Eugene, Oregon.

The winner will face the winner of No. 2 Oregon and No. 15 Portland State Sunday.

As expected, Baylor is the No. 1 seed in the Greensboro Region. Baylor will host No. 16 Abilene Christian in Waco Saturday.

Texas A&M is the No. 4 seed in the Chicago Region. The Aggies will host No. 13 Wright State Friday in College Station.

Baylor, Notre Dame, Louisville and Mississippi State are the No. 1 seeds.

ESPN released a statement on the bracket blunder:

“In working with the NCAA to prepare for tonight’s Women’s Selection Special we received the bracket, similar to years past. In the midst of our preparation, the bracket was mistakenly posted on ESPNU. We deeply regret the error and extend our apology to the NCAA and the women’s basketball community. We will conduct a thorough review of our process to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future. We will now broadcast the full bracket at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2, and the regularly-scheduled show on ESPN at 7 p.m.”
So PrematureDave wasn't the only one to jump the gun.
Except PrematureDave was trying to sell you fake news.
But it was pretty close...
TNWSS.

« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »

[...]

That's only because she didn't make the bracket.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]