CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: 3/14/2019  (Read 14627 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 3/14/2019
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2019, 04:20:04 PM »

Sheesh!
napping in front of the Players Championship.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »

Winner of $1.5B Mega Millions jackpot was woman who decided to take ‘scenic drive,’ lawyers say

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The winner of South Carolina’s $1.5 Billion Mega Millions jackpot has decided to remain anonymous, but lawyers revealed Thursday the winner is a woman who was simply visiting the area.

“This South Carolinian was in town visiting Greenville, and decided to go on a scenic drive during some down time,” her attorney Jason Kurland said in a statement. “As fate would have it, her drive took her past the KC Mart, where the signs showing the incredibly large jackpot caught her eye. She decided to take a chance and purchase a ticket, never once thinking she had the slightest chance to win.”

Kurland added that she checked her ticket the morning after the drawing and was in shock and disbelief, standing motionless for what felt like hours. He also said that the woman would like to start donating to charity beginning with the following charities:

Ronald McDonald House of Charities of Columbia, SC
One SC Fund – for Hurricane Florence Relief
In The Middle, Columbia, SC
City of Simpsonville Art Center
American Red Cross Alabama Region ‐ Tornado Relief Fund

“Words can’t describe the feeling of such incredible luck,” the winner said in a statement. “I do realize that such good fortune carries a tremendous social responsibility, and it gives me a unique opportunity to assist, support and contribute to charities and causes that are close to my heart.”
Sounds like she has a good head on he shoulders.  Now hopefully she will contribute to Clemson as well and not that chicken coop.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2019, 04:32:28 PM »

Someone needs to check the obituaries for the Head Boiler Checker.
I think he is thoroughly enjoying his days off.

Threebean

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2019, 04:58:52 PM »

Afternoon boyz.  Back from running around, GoTF toro and coffee in the man cave.

Threebean

« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2019, 04:59:59 PM »

Nice 92% Off offer up on the Jam😂

Gurkha Fat Swami 15-Cigar Sampler

MSRP $595   $49.99
Gurk Titan's up now, but only 88% off.  Pffft...

Threebean

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2019, 05:42:53 PM »

For the first time since 2014, Warped Cigars is bringing back the original size of its Don Reynaldo blend –  5 1/2 x 42 Coronas De Luxe.

The Don Reynaldo was created by Warped Cigars’ founder Kyle Gellis as a tribute to his father.

The Coronas De Luxe was released for a limited small batch run of 100 ten-count boxes (1,000 cigars). A few months later in 2015, Gellis added the 5 x 46 Don Reynaldo Regalos as an ongoing production. The Coronas De Luxe had not been released since. Like the original run, there the 2019 run of the Coronas de Luxe will be 100 ten-count boxes.

The Don Reynaldo line comes from the El Titan de Bronze factory in Miami, Florida. It consists of a Dominican Corojo wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and a combination of Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers.

The Don Reynaldo Coronas de Luxe was the #9: Cigar of the Year for 2015.
Supply and demand is gonna be interesting in this one.
No price given but guessing $13-15/stick, might curtail the demand some.
Some folks seem to want the most expensive sticks no matter how the cigar is. I think the higher price improves sales.
The Don Reynaldo is a really good cigar, smoked one last weekend.  I bought them at the Famous Bid site for a decent price, no steal for sure though.
Cigar Fed is offering a five pack for $75.  And not even with FS.  Sheesh! 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2019, 06:17:03 PM »

For the first time since 2014, Warped Cigars is bringing back the original size of its Don Reynaldo blend –  5 1/2 x 42 Coronas De Luxe.

The Don Reynaldo was created by Warped Cigars’ founder Kyle Gellis as a tribute to his father.

The Coronas De Luxe was released for a limited small batch run of 100 ten-count boxes (1,000 cigars). A few months later in 2015, Gellis added the 5 x 46 Don Reynaldo Regalos as an ongoing production. The Coronas De Luxe had not been released since. Like the original run, there the 2019 run of the Coronas de Luxe will be 100 ten-count boxes.

The Don Reynaldo line comes from the El Titan de Bronze factory in Miami, Florida. It consists of a Dominican Corojo wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and a combination of Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers.

Some folks seem to want the most expensive sticks no matter how the cigar is. I think the higher price improves sales.
The Don Reynaldo is a really good cigar, smoked one last weekend.  I bought them at the Famous Bid site for a decent price, no steal for sure though.
I saw a deal on Curivari cigars. Curivari Coleccion #1 Robusto Sampler (Includes a Archimedes, Pythagoras, Socrates, Artistoteles, Democracia, Onassis, Centauro, and Ciclope) for $54 with FS. Is that good?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »

BUY ANY BOX OF

CURIVARI CIGARS

& YOUR ENTIRE ORDER SHIPS FREE

*10 count box prices start around $50

One of the hottest boutique brands on the market, Curivari has garnered mass appeal, and very high industry ratings with their large portfolio of top quality boutique cigars.

They are blended for a classic Cuban flavor profile that many aficionados love, not with focus on strength, but more looking for flavor and aroma in a right balance. All cigars are finished with a cuban triple cap... if we didn't tell you they're Nicaraguan, you'd probably mistake them for Havanas.

Using only finest aged Nicaraguan tobaccos made in small batches the old style Cuban way, this thriving marque has won over smokers by delivering the best product at a very affordable price.… Just look at this impressive lineup!

Almost all their cigars are 10 count boxes, but if don't want to order 10 of the same to get FREE GROUND SHIPPING, we'll waive the shipping when the order is processed as long as you have at least 10 Curivari Cigars in your order. Expires Monday 3/18/19. Offer valid on in-stock only product, excludes back orders. Free shipping applied automatically when box is added to cart.

http://www.egars.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=curivari&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

Threebean

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »

I saw a deal on Curivari cigars. Curivari Coleccion #1 Robusto Sampler (Includes a Archimedes, Pythagoras, Socrates, Artistoteles, Democracia, Onassis, Centauro, and Ciclope) for $54 with FS. Is that good?
I don't know anything about the Curivari.  We'll have to wait for our sensei to weigh in.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2019, 07:48:43 PM »

Good cigars but not great deal.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2019, 07:51:24 PM »

Winner of $1.5B Mega Millions jackpot was woman who decided to take ‘scenic drive,’ lawyers say

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The winner of South Carolina’s $1.5 Billion Mega Millions jackpot has decided to remain anonymous, but lawyers revealed Thursday the winner is a woman who was simply visiting the area.

“This South Carolinian was in town visiting Greenville, and decided to go on a scenic drive during some down time,” her attorney Jason Kurland said in a statement. “As fate would have it, her drive took her past the KC Mart, where the signs showing the incredibly large jackpot caught her eye. She decided to take a chance and purchase a ticket, never once thinking she had the slightest chance to win.”

Kurland added that she checked her ticket the morning after the drawing and was in shock and disbelief, standing motionless for what felt like hours. He also said that the woman would like to start donating to charity beginning with the following charities:

“Words can’t describe the feeling of such incredible luck,” the winner said in a statement. “I do realize that such good fortune carries a tremendous social responsibility, and it gives me a unique opportunity to assist, support and contribute to charities and causes that are close to my heart.”
Sounds like she has a good head on he shoulders.  Now hopefully she will contribute to Clemson as well and not that chicken coop.
More like she has a real good lawyer to write statements for her

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2019, 07:51:46 PM »

Good cigars but not great deal.
Something to be said for a sampler of s line you're not familiar with, but that's about the price for a box of 10.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »

Clemson has a practice of adding tombstones for top 25 teams defeated on the road.
Unveiled this years additions including Notre Dame and Alabama.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/LOOK-Clemson-adds-tombstones-for-wins-over-Alabama-Notre-Dame-and-BC-32542

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2019, 08:01:53 PM »

Threebean

« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2019, 09:23:52 PM »

More like she has a real good lawyer to write statements for her
No kidding.  And listed her charities in an attempt to keep the other wolves at bay.  Like that's going to work.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13