CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: 3/14/2019  (Read 14645 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 3/14/2019
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »

Winner of $1.5B Mega Millions jackpot was woman who decided to take ‘scenic drive,’ lawyers say

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The winner of South Carolina’s $1.5 Billion Mega Millions jackpot has decided to remain anonymous, but lawyers revealed Thursday the winner is a woman who was simply visiting the area.

“This South Carolinian was in town visiting Greenville, and decided to go on a scenic drive during some down time,” her attorney Jason Kurland said in a statement. “As fate would have it, her drive took her past the KC Mart, where the signs showing the incredibly large jackpot caught her eye. She decided to take a chance and purchase a ticket, never once thinking she had the slightest chance to win.”

Kurland added that she checked her ticket the morning after the drawing and was in shock and disbelief, standing motionless for what felt like hours. He also said that the woman would like to start donating to charity beginning with the following charities:

Ronald McDonald House of Charities of Columbia, SC
One SC Fund – for Hurricane Florence Relief
In The Middle, Columbia, SC
City of Simpsonville Art Center
American Red Cross Alabama Region ‐ Tornado Relief Fund

“Words can’t describe the feeling of such incredible luck,” the winner said in a statement. “I do realize that such good fortune carries a tremendous social responsibility, and it gives me a unique opportunity to assist, support and contribute to charities and causes that are close to my heart.”
I wonder how old she is.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2019, 02:16:02 PM »

Winner of $1.5B Mega Millions jackpot was woman who decided to take ‘scenic drive,’ lawyers say

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The winner of South Carolina’s $1.5 Billion Mega Millions jackpot has decided to remain anonymous, but lawyers revealed Thursday the winner is a woman who was simply visiting the area.

“This South Carolinian was in town visiting Greenville, and decided to go on a scenic drive during some down time,” her attorney Jason Kurland said in a statement. “As fate would have it, her drive took her past the KC Mart, where the signs showing the incredibly large jackpot caught her eye. She decided to take a chance and purchase a ticket, never once thinking she had the slightest chance to win.”

Kurland added that she checked her ticket the morning after the drawing and was in shock and disbelief, standing motionless for what felt like hours. He also said that the woman would like to start donating to charity beginning with the following charities:

“Words can’t describe the feeling of such incredible luck,” the winner said in a statement. “I do realize that such good fortune carries a tremendous social responsibility, and it gives me a unique opportunity to assist, support and contribute to charities and causes that are close to my heart.”
I wonder how old she is.
Hahaha

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2019, 02:16:21 PM »

I wonder how old she is.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2019, 02:16:44 PM »

I wonder how old she is.
LALTS

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2019, 02:17:47 PM »

Oops, I think I just notified the Administrator/Mayor by accident 🤔

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »

LFD Ligero Lit, sunshine and 70° on the balcony.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2019, 02:24:01 PM »

Hazzuh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2019, 02:25:24 PM »

Oops, I think I just notified the Administrator/Mayor by accident
Don't worry. He ignores everything.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2019, 02:27:07 PM »

Oops, I think I just notified the Administrator/Mayor by accident
Don't worry. He ignores everything.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »

Hazzuh!
later Dave. hope you gave 'em hell today.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2019, 02:31:33 PM »

Hazzuh!
later Dave. hope you gave 'em hell today.
That's the only way he knows.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2019, 02:33:52 PM »

Nice 92% Off offer up on the Jam😂

Gurkha Fat Swami 15-Cigar Sampler

MSRP $595   $49.99

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2019, 02:39:25 PM »

UT named in class-action suit in college cheating scandal

Two women are suing eight elite universities, including the University of Texas, claiming that the schools have a “rigged” admissions process that allowed unqualified students to be accepted ahead of worthy candidates who paid admissions fees thinking they had a fair chance to be accepted.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »

Someone needs to check the obituaries for the Head Boiler Checker.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2019, 03:31:31 PM »

Sheesh!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13