Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 08:22:26 AM »

wrecked eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon et. cigar time.

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 08:30:50 AM »

wrecked eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon et. cigar time.
Bran muffin, fresh pineapple and peach yogurt

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 08:37:46 AM »

wrecked eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon et. cigar time.
Bran muffin, fresh pineapple and peach yogurt
that sounds too healthy.

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 08:42:23 AM »

wrecked eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon et. cigar time.
Bran muffin, fresh pineapple and peach yogurt
that sounds too healthy.
Some variation of that is what we have for breakfast most days, big “traditional style” breakfast usually a couple times per week.

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 08:53:35 AM »

Morning boys! Pretty good Mash deal on EPC La Historia Dona Elena - 10/$46.45 FS. I've never seen them that low with FS

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 08:56:40 AM »

Check engine light came on in my truck and it started running real rough.  Free computer check at Auto Zone identified the problem being the #1 cylinder was not firing.  Checked the spark out of the coil and dead on that cylinder. (10 minutes for all of that)

Ford store estimated $250-300 for repair.

With assistance from YouTube - New coil pack is $150 at ford store, same factory OEM coil pack was $64 FS and no tax at  Rock Auto online.  Coil pack is on the top of the motor and held on with 3 screws.

Part on the way and estimated time for me to swap it out is 15-20 minutes, less than the time it would take me to get it to the shop and back.

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 08:58:59 AM »

Check engine light came on in my truck and it started running real rough.  Free computer check at Auto Zone identified the problem being the #1 cylinder was not firing.  Checked the spark out of the coil and dead on that cylinder. (10 minutes for all of that)

Ford store estimated $250-300 for repair.

With assistance from YouTube - New coil pack is $150 at ford store, same factory OEM coil pack was $64 FS and no tax at  Rock Auto online.  Coil pack is on the top of the motor and held on with 3 screws.

Part on the way and estimated time for me to swap it out is 15-20 minutes, less than the time it would take me to get it to the shop and back.
fukking dealers are crazy high.
I wish you luck with all that.

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2019, 09:04:27 AM »

Check engine light came on in my truck and it started running real rough.  Free computer check at Auto Zone identified the problem being the #1 cylinder was not firing.  Checked the spark out of the coil and dead on that cylinder. (10 minutes for all of that)

Ford store estimated $250-300 for repair.

With assistance from YouTube - New coil pack is $150 at ford store, same factory OEM coil pack was $64 FS and no tax at  Rock Auto online.  Coil pack is on the top of the motor and held on with 3 screws.

Part on the way and estimated time for me to swap it out is 15-20 minutes, less than the time it would take me to get it to the shop and back.
fukking dealers are crazy high.
I wish you luck with all that.
Same reason I replace the brakes on my cars. $400+ at Firestone, less than $50 at home.

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2019, 09:06:43 AM »

A Timely quote from The Adventures of Mark Twain (1944)

"Men will always vary in nature, race, creed, and desires. There will always be the belligerent and the oppressed. But in our country, we can and must hold fast to our ideal of democracy because we’ve made it a shining reality. Let’s cherish our proud traditions of freedom and tolerance. Let’s vow our that our tolerance will never become indifference and our freedom never become license. Let’s respect each other’s rights and defend with the pen if possible and the sword if need be, our inalienable privilege to be a free and united people."

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 09:27:04 AM »

Looks like the Florida Liveaboard Boating Yanks have officially started  heading back north, 4 so far this morning.

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 09:32:33 AM »

Check engine light came on in my truck and it started running real rough.  Free computer check at Auto Zone identified the problem being the #1 cylinder was not firing.  Checked the spark out of the coil and dead on that cylinder. (10 minutes for all of that)

Ford store estimated $250-300 for repair.

With assistance from YouTube - New coil pack is $150 at ford store, same factory OEM coil pack was $64 FS and no tax at  Rock Auto online.  Coil pack is on the top of the motor and held on with 3 screws.

Part on the way and estimated time for me to swap it out is 15-20 minutes, less than the time it would take me to get it to the shop and back.
It doesn't hurt that you have the time to research and actually do the work.

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2019, 09:38:50 AM »

Check engine light came on in my truck and it started running real rough.  Free computer check at Auto Zone identified the problem being the #1 cylinder was not firing.  Checked the spark out of the coil and dead on that cylinder. (10 minutes for all of that)

Ford store estimated $250-300 for repair.

With assistance from YouTube - New coil pack is $150 at ford store, same factory OEM coil pack was $64 FS and no tax at  Rock Auto online.  Coil pack is on the top of the motor and held on with 3 screws.

Part on the way and estimated time for me to swap it out is 15-20 minutes, less than the time it would take me to get it to the shop and back.
fukking dealers are crazy high.
I wish you luck with all that.
Same reason I replace the brakes on my cars. $400+ at Firestone, less than $50 at home.
I quit working on my own vehicles a long time ago when a mechanic complained that not only did he have to fix what was originally wrong, but also what I fukked up.

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2019, 09:40:02 AM »

Looks like the Florida Liveaboard Boating Yanks have officially started  heading back north, 4 so far this morning.
surprising. still in the 20's in most of NY.

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 09:41:29 AM »

[...]

Mostly, mechanics just replace parts that the computer tells them is faulty. No one fixes anything anymore.

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2019, 09:43:51 AM »

[...]

When they design an autonomous car that not only drives itself, but also fixes itself - then we'll be on to something.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8