Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

  • Administrator
3/12/2019
« on: March 12, 2019, 12:00:16 AM »

It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 05:32:10 AM »

Morning, Happy 2nd Saturday

“Morning Short List

1. Woke up ✓
2. Air to breath ✓
3. Hot Dark Roast Coffee ✓
4. Food to eat ✓
5. Roof over head ✓

...yep, it's a Good day!”

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »

MARCH 12, 2019 | NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY - IHOP | NATIONAL GIRL SCOUT DAY | NATIONAL PLANT A FLOWER DAY | NATIONAL BAKED SCALLOPS DAY

NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY – IHOP

IHOP restaurants began National Pancake Day in 2006.  Since that day, they have raised close to $30 million for charities.  On March 12, 2019, people from around the country will once again celebrate National Pancake Day at IHOP restaurants and enjoy free pancakes. Guests are asked to consider leaving a donation.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Visit IHOP and have pancakes for a good cause. Use #NTLPanCakeDay to share on social media.
From 7 AM to 7 PM, IHOP is offering one free short stack of their Original Buttermilk Pancakes. Donate to help children battling critical illnesses.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 05:39:48 AM »

51° and cloudy this morning, low to mid 60’s and partly cloudy for the afternoon.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 05:47:51 AM »

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Hal Blaine, the Hall of Fame session drummer and virtual one-man soundtrack of the 1960s and '70s who played on the songs of Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and the Beach Boys and laid down one of music's most memorable opening riffs on the Ronettes' "Be My Baby," died Monday.

The winner of a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award last year, Blaine's name was known by few outside the music industry, even in his prime.

But just about anyone with a turntable, radio or TV heard his drumming on songs that included Presley's "Return to Sender," the Byrds' "Mr. Tambourine Man," Barbra Streisand's "The Way We Were," the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations," dozens of hits produced by Phil Spector, and the theme songs to "Batman," ''The Partridge Family" and dozens of other shows."

Blaine died of natural causes at his home in Palm Desert, California, his son-in-law, Andy Johnson, told The Associated Press. He was 90.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 05:55:18 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 05:57:44 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
Good thing someone took care of the boiler check this morning.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 05:58:15 AM »

Good morning, Dave. I guess it's time for me to go plant a scallop and eat some thin mint pancakes.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 06:00:39 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 06:41:10 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.
Good morning, LTG. Feeling better?

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 06:54:57 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.
Good morning, LTG. Feeling better?
Well enough to be at work, I guess. Though, if we weren't having a thing for one of our coaches who is leaving, I probably would've stayed home another day, just to rest. I was doing pretty good yesterday, then we went grocery shopping. That was the most movement I'd done in days, felt like I'd been hit by a truck afterwards. Lol

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 06:58:11 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.
Good morning, LTG. Feeling better?
Well enough to be at work, I guess. Though, if we weren't having a thing for one of our coaches who is leaving, I probably would've stayed home another day, just to rest. I was doing pretty good yesterday, then we went grocery shopping. That was the most movement I'd done in days, felt like I'd been hit by a truck afterwards. Lol
Was it the flu?

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 07:13:22 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.
Good morning, LTG. Feeling better?
Well enough to be at work, I guess. Though, if we weren't having a thing for one of our coaches who is leaving, I probably would've stayed home another day, just to rest. I was doing pretty good yesterday, then we went grocery shopping. That was the most movement I'd done in days, felt like I'd been hit by a truck afterwards. Lol
Was it the flu?
Seemed like it, yeah. Apparently, there's another round that's pretty popular right now. To listen to all the old, stubborn assholes that come in here every day hacking and wheezing like they're on their death beds, it's no wonder I got something. Nate actually ended getting it, too. So it's clearly going around.

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 07:26:33 AM »

good morning Daves and Tony.

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 07:29:46 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.
Good morning, LTG. Feeling better?
Well enough to be at work, I guess. Though, if we weren't having a thing for one of our coaches who is leaving, I probably would've stayed home another day, just to rest. I was doing pretty good yesterday, then we went grocery shopping. That was the most movement I'd done in days, felt like I'd been hit by a truck afterwards. Lol
Was it the flu?
Seemed like it, yeah. Apparently, there's another round that's pretty popular right now. To listen to all the old, stubborn assholes that come in here every day hacking and wheezing like they're on their death beds, it's no wonder I got something. Nate actually ended getting it, too. So it's clearly going around.
Don't get the ladies sick too.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8