Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2019, 10:10:07 AM »

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Hal Blaine, the Hall of Fame session drummer and virtual one-man soundtrack of the 1960s and '70s who played on the songs of Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and the Beach Boys and laid down one of music's most memorable opening riffs on the Ronettes' "Be My Baby," died Monday.

The winner of a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award last year, Blaine's name was known by few outside the music industry, even in his prime.

But just about anyone with a turntable, radio or TV heard his drumming on songs that included Presley's "Return to Sender," the Byrds' "Mr. Tambourine Man," Barbra Streisand's "The Way We Were," the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations," dozens of hits produced by Phil Spector, and the theme songs to "Batman," ''The Partridge Family" and dozens of other shows."

Blaine died of natural causes at his home in Palm Desert, California, his son-in-law, Andy Johnson, told The Associated Press. He was 90.
The man is a legend.

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »

Foggy as hell here.  Don't know how all the pseudo celebrities will find each other downtown today.

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2019, 10:25:03 AM »

They're not up this early anyway.

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2019, 11:06:17 AM »

Foggy as hell here.  Don't know how all the pseudo celebrities will find each other downtown today.
I think the smell of avocado toast draws them all together. Morning, Mark.

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2019, 11:21:03 AM »

Foggy as hell here.  Don't know how all the pseudo celebrities will find each other downtown today.
I think the smell of organic free-range, cruelty-free, gender neutral living wage harvested avocado toast draws them all together. Morning, Mark.
Fixed it for you.

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2019, 11:50:12 AM »

Foggy as hell here.  Don't know how all the pseudo celebrities will find each other downtown today.
I think the smell of organic free-range, cruelty-free, gender neutral living wage harvested avocado toast draws them all together. Morning, Mark.
Fixed it for you.
You're right, that sounds far better. Though, you forgot chemical-free.  ;D

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2019, 12:18:47 PM »

Foggy as hell here.  Don't know how all the pseudo celebrities will find each other downtown today.
I think the smell of organic free-range, cruelty-free, gender neutral living wage harvested avocado toast draws them all together. Morning, Mark.
Fixed it for you.
You're right, that sounds far better. Though, you forgot chemical-free.  ;D
Isn't that what "organic" is supposed to cover?  I did forget gluten-free, however.  I'd never make it in their world.

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »

Foggy as hell here.  Don't know how all the pseudo celebrities will find each other downtown today.
I think the smell of organic free-range, cruelty-free, gender neutral living wage harvested avocado toast draws them all together. Morning, Mark.
Fixed it for you.
You're right, that sounds far better. Though, you forgot chemical-free.  ;D
Isn't that what "organic" is supposed to cover?  I did forget gluten-free, however.  I'd never make it in their world.
Their bellies are rumbling just thinking about your error.

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2019, 12:27:02 PM »

Foggy as hell here.  Don't know how all the pseudo celebrities will find each other downtown today.
I think the smell of organic free-range, cruelty-free, gender neutral living wage harvested avocado toast draws them all together. Morning, Mark.
Fixed it for you.
You're right, that sounds far better. Though, you forgot chemical-free.  ;D
Isn't that what "organic" is supposed to cover?  I did forget gluten-free, however.  I'd never make it in their world.
Also, I never did figure out what chemical-free is supposed to mean, since literally every single thing in existence is made of chemicals. I think companies use that one as a sort of tax on stupidity.

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2019, 12:44:35 PM »

Got a proper sign for The White Whale Inn ll

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2019, 12:52:03 PM »

Got a proper sign for The White Whale Inn ll
That's fantastic.

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:53 PM »

Taco Tuesday baby!

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2019, 01:04:04 PM »

Got a proper sign for The White Whale Inn ll
LMAO where's Mark for comment?

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

Taco Tuesday baby!
Those are looking pretty tasty there.

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2019, 01:11:53 PM »

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8