Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2019, 09:06:45 AM »

Alimony lull?

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2019, 09:11:42 AM »

Man giving up food, drinking only beer during Lent.

3 hours ago

NEWTOWN, Ohio (WCMH) – You may have heard the term 'liquid lunch,' meaning to drink booze instead of eating your lunch. An Ohio man is trying to do a month and a half of liquid lunches, dinners and breakfasts.

Del Hall says he is giving up food for lent, planning to live off beer for more than a month.

"I'm going to have all styles of beer," Hall told WKRC . "I am nervous, I'm very nervous about it. I've only fasted for 4 days."

His fast takes a nod from monks in the 1600s who would fast during the season by a bock beer diet.

"That would be their liquid bread and that's what they call it so the monks in Bavaria they would call doppelbock liquid bread and basically it would sustain them through 46 days of lent," said Hall.

Hall says he knows people think he's crazy. The Fifty West Brewing Company worker says he has a game plan and wants to see if he can prove to himself it's possible.

"I'm an army veteran, so you know - I was number one in my class in the army. I've run a full marathon before - 26.2 miles - I've done big challenges but this seems very daunting so I'm just curious if I'm up to the challenge, if I'm going to be able to do it or not," said Hall.

Hall says he will be monitoring his health and checking in with a physician as he pushes forward.

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2019, 09:20:21 AM »

[...]

That was a long story for something that could've easily been summed up as, "Guy uses religion as an excuse to consume nothing but beer for 6 weeks straight."

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2019, 09:20:44 AM »

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »

Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — Aging Room Bin #1 Minor Toro (Box of 20, $119.95)
Bellhop Cigars — Juan Lopez Selección Superba Edición Regional U.K. (2016) (Box of 10, $495)
Cigar Hustler — Four Kicks Mule Kick LE2019 (Box of 10, $98.55)
Corona Cigar Co. — Florida Barn Smoker 2019 ($100)
Famous Smoke Shop — $10 Off (Code: YOUSAVE10)
Gotham Cigars — Undercrown Dogma + Free Cutter (Bundle of 10, $96)
JR Cigars — Gran Habano Blue in Green Robusto (Box of 20, $106.95)
STOGIES World Class Cigars — Viaje Honey Hand Grenades The Rapier (Box of 25, $210.50)

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2019, 09:22:57 AM »

"Guy uses religion as an excuse to consume nothing but beer for 6 weeks straight."

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2019, 09:25:12 AM »

A man and a woman were arrested after a botched shoe theft at Kohl’s in Lady Lake.

Kevin Bailey, 38, of Ocklawaha, entered the store at about 5 p.m. Friday and selected a box containing a pair of New Balance tennis shoes, according to an arrest report from the Lady Lake Police Department. He went into a dressing where he put the shoes on, removed the flip flops he was wearing and put them in the shoebox. He left the store without paying for the shoes. A loss prevention officer saw Bailey walk to a vehicle in the parking lot and then begin to run away. He ran to a nearby Five Guys burgers, where he attempted to hide in some bushes.

Bailey was arrested on charges of petit theft and resisting arrest.

Meanwhile, police officers checked the 2003 Saturn SUV that Bailey had approached. The unlocked vehicle was running with the keys in the ignition. A wallet belonging to 39-year-old Michelle Lynn Travis was found in the vehicle. Syringes and methamphetamine were also found in the vehicle.

Travis, who lives with Bailey, was detained by police when she was spotted walking out of Kohl’s. After questioning, she was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug equipment.

She was booked at the Lake County Jail on $3,000 bond. Bailey was also being held on $3,000 bond.

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2019, 09:26:15 AM »

"Guy steals shoes, hides in burger joint while girlfriend arrested for drugs."

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2019, 09:26:56 AM »

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »

"Guy steals shoes, hides in burger joint while girlfriend arrested for drugs."
I'm gonna make you a headline writer in no time.

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2019, 09:36:10 AM »

Wow, if only my budget would have been about $7 million more.

http://www.live5news.com/2019/03/12/large-above-the-water-house-charleston-harbor-sold-was-previously-listed-m/
6000 sqft?  It's a damn apartment building.
How does that work as "property" when you build over water? I'm surprised they let anyone claim ownership to build like that

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2019, 09:44:16 AM »

Has anyone smoked a Room 101 MC III lately? I still have a couple Roxxos left but haven't tried in awhile. Boxes at Holts for $70

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2019, 09:55:02 AM »

Wow, if only my budget would have been about $7 million more.

http://www.live5news.com/2019/03/12/large-above-the-water-house-charleston-harbor-sold-was-previously-listed-m/
6000 sqft?  It's a damn apartment building.
How does that work as "property" when you build over water? I'm surprised they let anyone claim ownership to build like that
Each instance is different but usually involves a long term lease of rights from the state.  Depending on tidal flow it could also actually belong to an individual in some cases.

But in this case, originally the building belonged to the U.S. Navy and I am guessing they actually owned all the water rights for it.

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2019, 10:02:39 AM »

Has anyone smoked a Room 101 MC III lately? I still have a couple Roxxos left but haven't tried in awhile. Boxes at Holts for $70
If you've got room, it's a solid.

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8