Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 07:30:06 AM »

good morning Daves and Tony.
Good morning to you, Dean.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 07:37:15 AM »

Morning Dean’O

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 07:44:05 AM »

Morning PancakeDave, PandemicDave, FLDean, and BoilerCheckMayor.  Where's the real Boiler Checker this morning?

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 07:44:59 AM »

MARCH 12, 2019 | NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY - IHOP | NATIONAL GIRL SCOUT DAY | NATIONAL PLANT A FLOWER DAY | NATIONAL BAKED SCALLOPS DAY

NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY – IHOP

IHOP restaurants began National Pancake Day in 2006.  Since that day, they have raised close to $30 million for charities.  On March 12, 2019, people from around the country will once again celebrate National Pancake Day at IHOP restaurants and enjoy free pancakes. Guests are asked to consider leaving a donation.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Visit IHOP and have pancakes for a good cause. Use #NTLPanCakeDay to share on social media.
From 7 AM to 7 PM, IHOP is offering one free short stack of their Original Buttermilk Pancakes. Donate to help children battling critical illnesses.
Looks like I won't be going near an IHOP today.  Too many people like free schitt.  Sheesh.

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 07:45:39 AM »

Morning PancakeDave, PandemicDave, FLDean, and BoilerCheckMayor.  Where's the real Boiler Checker this morning?
Morning Bean

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 07:47:02 AM »

MARCH 12, 2019 | NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY - IHOP | NATIONAL GIRL SCOUT DAY | NATIONAL PLANT A FLOWER DAY | NATIONAL BAKED SCALLOPS DAY

NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY – IHOP

IHOP restaurants began National Pancake Day in 2006.  Since that day, they have raised close to $30 million for charities.  On March 12, 2019, people from around the country will once again celebrate National Pancake Day at IHOP restaurants and enjoy free pancakes. Guests are asked to consider leaving a donation.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Visit IHOP and have pancakes for a good cause. Use #NTLPanCakeDay to share on social media.
From 7 AM to 7 PM, IHOP is offering one free short stack of their Original Buttermilk Pancakes. Donate to help children battling critical illnesses.
Looks like I won't be going near an IHOP today.  Too many people like free schitt.  Sheesh.
I always avoid IHOP, f’n yuppy rip-off joints.  Give me Waffle House, Denny’s or even better a good local diner.

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 07:54:53 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.
Good morning, LTG. Feeling better?
Well enough to be at work, I guess. Though, if we weren't having a thing for one of our coaches who is leaving, I probably would've stayed home another day, just to rest. I was doing pretty good yesterday, then we went grocery shopping. That was the most movement I'd done in days, felt like I'd been hit by a truck afterwards. Lol
Was it the flu?
Seemed like it, yeah. Apparently, there's another round that's pretty popular right now. To listen to all the old, stubborn assholes that come in here every day hacking and wheezing like they're on their death beds, it's no wonder I got something. Nate actually ended getting it, too. So it's clearly going around.
Well, so is Nate, so that kinda goes without saying.

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 07:54:58 AM »

I just checked my boiler. It's still making heat so I guess it's still winter.
She's gonna hang on until the very end, it seems.
Good morning, LTG. Feeling better?
Well enough to be at work, I guess. Though, if we weren't having a thing for one of our coaches who is leaving, I probably would've stayed home another day, just to rest. I was doing pretty good yesterday, then we went grocery shopping. That was the most movement I'd done in days, felt like I'd been hit by a truck afterwards. Lol
Was it the flu?
Seemed like it, yeah. Apparently, there's another round that's pretty popular right now. To listen to all the old, stubborn assholes that come in here every day hacking and wheezing like they're on their death beds, it's no wonder I got something. Nate actually ended getting it, too. So it's clearly going around.
Don't get the ladies sick too.
The wife and I came down with this at almost the exact same time. So she's still pretty beat up, too. The kids, so far, have somehow avoided it.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 07:55:35 AM »

[...]
He doesn't go around nearly as much as he would like, believe me.  ;D

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 07:57:25 AM »

Morning SCDave, TyphoidDave, ChillinTony, FinallyUpDean (TWSS), and DaylightSavingsBean.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »

Got word that they will be doing the roof on Thursday, so house shall be about as good as it's gonna get.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 08:00:05 AM »

Got word that they will be doing the roof on Thursday, so house shall be about as good as it's gonna get.
I hope you don't have to share any of the proceeds with the ex?

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 08:00:59 AM »

Today is Tuesday, March 12, the 71st day of 2019. There are 294 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:
On March 12, 1864, Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant assumed command as General-in-Chief of the Union armies in the Civil War.

On this date:
In 1912, the Girl Scouts of the USA had its beginnings as Juliette Gordon Low of Savannah, Georgia, founded the first American troop of the Girl Guides.
In 1914, American inventor George Westinghouse died in New York at age 67.
In 1923, inventor Lee De Forest publicly demonstrated his sound-on-movie-film system, called "Phonofilm," in New York.
In 1925, Chinese revolutionary leader Sun Yat-sen died in Beijing.
In 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivered the first of his 30 radio addresses that came to be known as "fireside chats," telling Americans what was being done to deal with the nation's economic crisis.
In 1938, the Anschluss merging Austria with Nazi Germany took place as German forces crossed the border between the two countries.
In 1947, President Harry S. Truman announced what became known as the "Truman Doctrine" to help Greece and Turkey resist Communism.
In 1955, legendary jazz musician Charlie "Bird" Parker died in New York at age 34.
In 1971, Hafez Assad was confirmed as president of Syria in a referendum.
In 1980, a Chicago jury found John Wayne Gacy Jr. guilty of the murders of 33 men and boys. (The next day, Gacy was sentenced to death; he was executed in May 1994.)
In 1993, Janet Reno was sworn in as the first female U.S. attorney general. A three-day blizzard that came to be known as "The Storm of the Century" began inundating the eastern third of the U.S. A series of bombings in Mumbai, India, killed 257 people (the explosions were allegedly masterminded by India's most wanted man, Dawood Ibrahim).
In 2003, Elizabeth Smart, the 15-year-old girl who vanished from her bedroom nine months earlier, was found alive in a Salt Lake City suburb with two drifters, Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee. (Mitchell is serving a life sentence; Barzee was released from prison in September 2018.)

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 08:01:40 AM »

Ten years ago: Disgraced financier Bernard Madoff pleaded guilty in New York to pulling off perhaps the biggest swindle in Wall Street history. The Iraqi journalist who'd thrown his shoes at President George W. Bush received a three-year sentence. (Muntadhar al-Zeidi ended up serving nine months.) Lindsey Vonn became the first American woman to win the super-G season finale at the World Cup finals in Are, Sweden.

Five years ago: With Ukraine's interim prime minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk (ahr-SEHN'-ee yaht-sehn-YOOK'), at his side, President Barack Obama said the United States would "completely reject" a referendum in Crimea opening the door for the Ukrainian peninsula to join Russia. In New York City, a gas explosion destroyed two five-story East Harlem apartment buildings, killing eight people and injuring more than 60.

One year ago: Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee said they'd completed a draft report concluding that there was no collusion or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and Russia. British Prime Minister Theresa May said Russia was "highly likely" to blame for poisoning a former spy and his daughter in an English city with a military-grade nerve agent. Two package bomb blasts a few miles apart killed a teenager and wounded two women in Austin less than two weeks after a similar attack left a man dead in another part of the Texas capital. (The attacks were part of a series of bombings that killed two people and wounded four others; the suspect, Mark Conditt, died after detonating a bomb in his SUV as officers moved in.) After a 46-year career at the Metropolitan Opera in New York, conductor James Levine was fired; an investigation had found evidence of sexual abuse and harassment. A dog died on a United Airlines plane after a flight attendant told the dog's owner to put the pet carrier in the overhead bin.

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 08:03:40 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Politician, diplomat and civil rights activist Andrew Young is 87.
Actress Barbara Feldon is 86.
Broadcast journalist Lloyd Dobyns is 83.
Actress-singer Liza Minnelli is 73.
Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, is 72.
Singer-songwriter James Taylor is 71.
Former Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., is 71.
Rock singer-musician Bill Payne (Little Feat) is 70.
Actor Jon Provost (TV: "Lassie") is 69.
Author Carl Hiaasen (HY'-ah-sihn) is 66.
Rock musician Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) is 63.
Actress Lesley Manville is 63.
Actor Jerry Levine is 62.
Singer Marlon Jackson (The Jackson Five) is 62.
Actor Jason Beghe is 59.
Actor Courtney B. Vance is 59.
Actor Titus Welliver is 57.
Former MLB All-Star Darryl Strawberry is 57.
Actress Julia Campbell is 56.
Actor Jake Weber is 56.
Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., is 51.
Actor Aaron Eckhart is 51.
CNN reporter Jake Tapper is 50.
Rock musician Graham Coxon is 50.
Country musician Tommy Bales (Flynnville Train) is 46.
Actor Rhys Coiro is 40.
Country singer Holly Williams is 38.
Actor Samm (cq) Levine is 37.
Actress Jaimie Alexander is 35.