Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 08:47:06 AM »

Morning DST survivors.  Slept like schitt last night, will need a coffee IV.

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »

@Tony.  Looked up that book you are reading.  No wonder you're having a tough time getting through it.  Is that UN assigned reading or something?

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 08:54:07 AM »

Morning Bean

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 09:15:05 AM »

truck at garage. buddy and I did Denny's for breakfast. damn lot of food in their American Slam.
ready for a nap after a cigar and more coffee.

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 09:15:46 AM »

@Tony.  Looked up that book you are reading.  No wonder you're having a tough time getting through it.  Is that UN assigned reading or something?
Sort of. I'm in a book club at the office and this was last month's book. We already discussed it and I trashed the shit out of it. But I'm still trying to get through the last 30 pages or so. I find myself reading a page and spending the next 10 minutes figuring out WTF he was trying to say. I'm sure drugs were ultimately responsible for his angry diatribe.

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 09:16:55 AM »

Good morning, Mark and welcome back, Dean.

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2019, 09:18:11 AM »

truck at garage. buddy and I did Denny's for breakfast. damn lot of food in their American Slam.
ready for a nap after a cigar and more coffee.
I like those big Denny’s breakfasts.

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2019, 09:18:32 AM »

truck at garage. buddy and I did Denny's for breakfast. damn lot of food in their American Slam.
ready for a nap after a cigar and more coffee.
I like those big Denny’s breakfasts.
I'm hungry.

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2019, 09:21:22 AM »

Take a snooze: It's National Napping Day!

Heather Monahan·2 hours ago

If you're dragging more than usual this Monday morning, we have the perfect excuse for you to get a little midday rest.

Clocks were pushed ahead one hour on Sunday for Daylight Saving Time, meaning a lot of us lost an hour of sleep.

Thankfully, you now have a reason to make up for that lost sleep, because Monday marks National Napping Day!

The day was created back in 1999 by a Boston University professor and his wife. Dr. William Anthony and Camille Anthony started observing the day to help highlight the many health benefits associated with napping.

"We chose this particular Monday because Americans are more 'nap-ready' than usual after losing an hour of sleep to daylight savings time," Anthony said in a press release .

According to the National Sleep Foundation , naps can restore your alertness, enhance your performance and reduce mistakes and accidents. The foundation says napping also has psychological benefits because it's an easy way to relax and rejuvenate.

The National Sleep Foundation recommends a short nap between 20 to 30 minutes. That type of nap provides significant benefits but won't leave you groggy or interfere with your normal sleep at night.

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2019, 09:26:48 AM »

Every Day is Napping Day for me.

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 09:31:09 AM »

truck at garage. buddy and I did Denny's for breakfast. damn lot of food in their American Slam.
ready for a nap after a cigar and more coffee.
I like those big Denny’s breakfasts.
I'm hungry.
I'm having a Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles microwave breakfast.  It's no Denny's but will have to do.

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2019, 09:32:49 AM »

Every Day is Napping Day for me.
But were you ever able to do it while working?  Unless one works from home, I don't see how it happens.

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2019, 09:32:58 AM »

truck at garage. buddy and I did Denny's for breakfast. damn lot of food in their American Slam.
ready for a nap after a cigar and more coffee.
I like those big Denny’s breakfasts.
I'm hungry.
I'm having a Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles microwave breakfast.  It's no Denny's but will have to do.
I'm getting my lunch plans ready. Meeting an old colleague at noon for some Japanese food. Just coffee until then.

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »

F’n pollen is out of control and we are still at least 3 weeks from the peak.

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2019, 09:34:56 AM »

Every Day is Napping Day for me.
But were you ever able to do it while working?  Unless one works from home, I don't see how it happens.
Not hard to do when you work for the government, in fact quite a common practice to nod off after lunch.

So the answer is yes but they were shorter naps.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7