Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

1977, 39 people were killed when the Kelly Barnes Dam burst, sending a wall of water through Toccoa Falls College in Georgia.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1990, about one-fifth of the Universal Studios backlot in southern California was destroyed in an arson fire.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2012, President Barack Obama was elected to a second term of office, defeating Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: An Ivory Coast airstrike killed nine French peacekeepers and an American aid worker, prompting France to wipe out the country's modest air force. The designers of SpaceShipOne, the first privately manned rocket to burst into space, were handed a $10 million check and the Ansari X Prize trophy.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: President Barack Obama signed a $24 billion economic stimulus bill, hours after the government reported that the unemployment rate had hit 10.2 percent in Oct. 2009 for the second time since World War II.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, testifying before the Senate Finance Committee on the nation's health care law, was blistered by Republicans who bluntly challenged her honesty, pushed for her resignation and demanded unsuccessfully that she concede President Barack Obama had deliberately misled the public about his signature domestic program. At the Country Music Association Awards, Miranda Lambert won her fourth straight female vocalist of the year award while her husband, Blake Shelton, won album of the year and male vocalist — a category he also won for the fourth year in a row.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actress June Squibb (Film: "Nebraska") is 85. Director Mike Nichols is 83. Country singer Stonewall Jackson is 82. Singer Eugene Pitt (The Jive Five) is 77. Singer P.J. Proby is 76. Country singer Guy Clark is 73. Actress Sally Field is 68. Pop singer-musician Glenn Frey (The Eagles) is 66. Singer Rory Block is 65. Jazz musician Arturo Sandoval is 65. TV host Catherine Crier is 60. News correspondent and former California first lady Maria Shriver is 59. Actress Lori Singer is 57. Actor Lance Kerwin is 54. Rock musician Paul Brindley (The Sundays) is 51. Education Secretary Arne Duncan is 50. Rock singer Corey Glover is 50. Actor Brad Grunberg is 50. Actor Peter DeLuise is 48. Actress Kelly Rutherford is 46. Actor Ethan Hawke is 44. Actress Thandie Newton is 42. Model-actress Rebecca Romijn (roh-MAYN') is 42. Actress Zoe McLellan is 40. Actress Nicole Dubuc is 36. Actress Taryn Manning is 36. Actress Katie Leclere (LEH'-klehr) is 28. Singer-songwriter Ben Rector is 28. Actress Emma Stone is 26. Actress Mercedes Kastner is 25.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." — Oscar Wilde (1854-1900).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Official Announcement
-------------------------

Official Announcement:
The government today announced that it is changing its emblem from an Eagle
to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political
stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're
actually being screwed.

Damn, it just doesn't get more accurate than that."

Good morning guys.
              Hello Chip
Logged

dwgbryant

good morning Chip, Rick, and Leo.
CLE connie and coffee here.
Logged

dwgbryant

Official Announcement
-------------------------

Official Announcement:
The government today announced that it is changing its emblem from an Eagle
to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political
stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're
actually being screwed.

Damn, it just doesn't get more accurate than that."

so very appropriate.

good morning Chip, Rick, and Leo.
CLE connie and coffee here.
               ....just coffee here. I'm off to work. Have a great day!

Official Announcement
-------------------------

Official Announcement:
The government today announced that it is changing its emblem from an Eagle
to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political
stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're
actually being screwed.

Damn, it just doesn't get more accurate than that."

so very appropriate.
Amen!!!
Logged

dwgbryant

good morning Chip, Rick, and Leo.
CLE connie and coffee here.
               ....just coffee here. I'm off to work. Have a great day!

try to enjoy your day Rick, at least you have all those young girls to look at,
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20