CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: 3/3/2019  (Read 9700 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 3/3/2019
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2019, 08:56:38 AM »

good morning guys. Event Committee meeting went off well. all set for the Spring Fling in April. printed off flyers for our pot luck meeting and distributed them to the two clubs in the county. stayed for a speaker meeting at one listening to a guy that got sober in 1977. Water Dept stopped by afterwards, so I'm a bit tired.
Got to love the stories how people have turned their lives around and are actively part of a community to do well. It's the chronic relapsers that are frustrating. The ones that really just don't get it. Not the ones who are trying and have a slip up. I do not have the patience for people like that.
Just my take

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2019, 08:58:18 AM »

good morning guys. Event Committee meeting went off well. all set for the Spring Fling in April. printed off flyers for our pot luck meeting and distributed them to the two clubs in the county. stayed for a speaker meeting at one listening to a guy that got sober in 1977. Water Dept stopped by afterwards, so I'm a bit tired.
I’ve been sober since Friday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 08:58:53 AM »

Morning Dean’O

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »

Cigar offers this morning are a lost cause 👎

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2019, 09:12:19 AM »

I’ve been sober since Friday.
today is the only day I worry about.

Threebean

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2019, 09:48:15 AM »

Good morning Sunday in Banterland.  Happy IfYouKneelDuringTheAnthemGoLiveInAnotherCountry Day. 

Threebean

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2019, 09:49:57 AM »

40's all day today, and windy.  Down into the 20's tomorrow night.  Winter's last gasp I hope. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2019, 09:52:35 AM »

Good morning Sunday in Banterland.  Happy IfYouKneelDuringTheAnthemGoLiveInAnotherCountry Day.
Morning MissingBean

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »

Today is NATIONAL ANTHEM DAY – March 3

Nearly 117 years passed after Key penned “Defence of Fort M’Henry” before it became the national anthem of the United States of America.  “Hail Columbia” and “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” held honorary places as patriotic songs. But, the United States didn’t have an officially declared anthem until a congressional resolution, signed by President Herbert Hoover, until “The Star Spangled Banner” became the national anthem of the United States of America on March 3rd, 1931.
*Historical note: The spelling of “defence” in the original title of Key’s song is correct for the period. 

Correcting the confusion.........

A few people incorrectly assumed that National Anthem Day is September 14, the day the song was written. This is incorrect. National Anthem Day is every March 3rd, in celebration of the day that congress made the Star-Spangled Banner our national anthem.
Is it also national kneeling day?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2019, 10:03:45 AM »

40's all day today, and windy.  Down into the 20's tomorrow night.  Winter's last gasp I hope.
morning Mark. 70° and sunny here going into the mid 80's.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2019, 10:06:19 AM »

Got to love the stories how people have turned their lives around and are actively part of a community to do well. It's the chronic relapsers that are frustrating. The ones that really just don't get it. Not the ones who are trying and have a slip up. I do not have the patience for people like that.
Just my take
I tend to stay away from drinking debates here. I would hate to be a responcible influence on some of these guys. 😂

Threebean

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 10:07:16 AM »

Morning MissingBean
Yeaterday afternoon was furniture store day with the warden.  The in-house "designer " at one store was quite the babe, so could have been worse. 

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »

Just my take
I tend to stay away from drinking debates here. I would hate to be a responcible influence on some of these guys.
I'll do my best to stay positive. My negativity is personal and not with anyone here. My family has been impacted by a chronic liar, theif and relapser but a good ol gfy might go to your weather

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »

Morning MissingBean
Yeaterday afternoon was furniture store day with the warden.  The in-house "designer " at one store was quite the babe, so could have been worse.
I feel your pain and the associated pleasure, been there done that!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2019, 10:17:29 AM »

Morning Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10