Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2019, 10:21:38 AM »

good morning guys. Event Committee meeting went off well. all set for the Spring Fling in April. printed off flyers for our pot luck meeting and distributed them to the two clubs in the county. stayed for a speaker meeting at one listening to a guy that got sober in 1977. Water Dept stopped by afterwards, so I'm a bit tired.
Got to love the stories how people have turned their lives around and are actively part of a community to do well. It's the chronic relapsers that are frustrating. The ones that really just don't get it. Not the ones who are trying and have a slip up. I do not have the patience for people like that.
Just my take
I tend to stay away from drinking debates here. I would hate to be a responcible influence on some of these guys.
I'll do my best to stay positive. My negativity is personal and not with anyone here. My family has been impacted by a chronic liar, theif and relapser but a good ol gfy might go to your weather
there's nothing wrong with my weather. 😂

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2019, 10:24:00 AM »

[...]

A better way than judging a man is to look for all the good you can find in him. If you look hard enough and long enough, you ought to be able to find some good somewhere in every man. In AA I learned that my job was to try to bring out the good, not to criticize the bad. Every alcoholic is used to being judged and criticized. That has never helped him to get sober. In AA we tell him he can change. We try to bring out the best in him. We encourage his good points and ignore his bad points as much as possible. Men are not converted by criticism.

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2019, 10:46:12 AM »

Good Sunday morning. Let's hope it's a good one.
Finally getting the snow predicted about 24 hours later than first forecast and light snow instead of the 10” originally forecast.  Yo Senior Reek!

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2019, 11:11:40 AM »

Good Sunday morning. Let's hope it's a good one.
Finally getting the snow predicted about 24 hours later than first forecast and light snow instead of the 10” originally forecast.  Yo Senior Reek!
Hey CB, I'm done with this winter weather. Smoke anything good lately? I had a bowl of haunted bookshop this morning. Hope all is well with you and the family.

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2019, 11:56:11 AM »

Today is NATIONAL ANTHEM DAY – March 3

Nearly 117 years passed after Key penned “Defence of Fort M’Henry” before it became the national anthem of the United States of America.  “Hail Columbia” and “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” held honorary places as patriotic songs. But, the United States didn’t have an officially declared anthem until a congressional resolution, signed by President Herbert Hoover, until “The Star Spangled Banner” became the national anthem of the United States of America on March 3rd, 1931.
*Historical note: The spelling of “defence” in the original title of Key’s song is correct for the period.

Correcting the confusion.........

A few people incorrectly assumed that National Anthem Day is September 14, the day the song was written. This is incorrect. National Anthem Day is every March 3rd, in celebration of the day that congress made the Star-Spangled Banner our national anthem.
Is it also national kneeling day?
Fuk’n Commie
Too soon?

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »

good morning guys. Event Committee meeting went off well. all set for the Spring Fling in April. printed off flyers for our pot luck meeting and distributed them to the two clubs in the county. stayed for a speaker meeting at one listening to a guy that got sober in 1977. Water Dept stopped by afterwards, so I'm a bit tired.
I’ve been sober since Friday.
I've been....oh, nevermind...

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2019, 11:59:54 AM »

good morning guys. Event Committee meeting went off well. all set for the Spring Fling in April. printed off flyers for our pot luck meeting and distributed them to the two clubs in the county. stayed for a speaker meeting at one listening to a guy that got sober in 1977. Water Dept stopped by afterwards, so I'm a bit tired.
I’ve been sober since Friday.
Hi, Dave!

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2019, 12:00:08 PM »

40's all day today, and windy.  Down into the 20's tomorrow night.  Winter's last gasp I hope.
Not looking to get out of the 30s here all week.  Snow tonight and again possibly by the end of the week.  Groundhog is on drugs.

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2019, 12:02:28 PM »

[...]

So just like the banter...

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2019, 12:03:28 PM »

Good Sunday morning. Let's hope it's a good one.
Finally getting the snow predicted about 24 hours later than first forecast and light snow instead of the 10” originally forecast.  Yo Senior Reek!
Good Day to you CB!

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2019, 12:04:01 PM »

Cigar offers this morning are a lost cause 👎
I didn't even bother to mention them...

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2019, 12:05:11 PM »

Good morning Sunday in Banterland.  Happy IfYouKneelDuringTheAnthemGoLiveInAnotherCountry Day.
Morning MissingBean
Yeaterday afternoon was furniture store day with the warden.  The in-house "designer " at one store was quite the babe, so could have been worse.
Invite her over for an in house consult?  WWDD?

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »

Good Day Mr. Bean.

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2019, 12:09:10 PM »

Lets see what the name of this oncoming storm is....
Winter Storm Scott.

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2019, 12:28:14 PM »

Lets see what the name of this oncoming storm is....
Winter Storm Scott.
Hmmm, very interesting.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10