CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: 2/20/2019  (Read 8536 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/20/2019
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 05:58:25 AM »

Good morning, fellas.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 05:59:53 AM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 06:03:19 AM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 06:11:51 AM »

Good morning Dave. What day are you meeting up in PA? Is that in Bethlehem? I have never been there.
Bethlehem is where 2 of the CI stores are, Stroudsburg is where the house is. We'll be in that area early Thursday afternoon until Saturday morning. You thinking of making the drive down?

EDIT: That's May 2-4, if you were looking for the actual dates.
Yikes that's 5 hours from me. I really thought that was a lot closer.
The only thing close to Buffalo is Canada.
Geography win!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 06:17:17 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor
What's on the agenda for today?
Retirement 😀

Ran most of my errands yesterday so hopefully a slow day today.

Got a haircut yesterday, told the stupid bitch to cut it just like always and I came out looking like I just joined the military.  Sheesh, I got to go barber shopping I guess.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 06:42:01 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor
Retirement

Got a haircut yesterday, told the stupid bitch to cut it just like always and I came out looking like I just joined the military.  Sheesh, I got to go barber shopping I guess.
I would tell you, "Don't worry because it grows back." But...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 06:48:31 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor
Retirement

That it will but currently it looks ridiculous.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »

Took the dogs out and while it is far better than ice and snow we sure enough got a cold blowing rain out!

Warden got me a good rain jacket for Christmas and it sure enough came in handy today.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 07:07:39 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor
Retirement 😀

Just remembered the Warden wanted to go to Costco today for something and I told her I would go with her and get a hot dog 🌭 for lunch.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 07:11:32 AM »

Bean better change airlines 🤔

(Bloomberg) -- Southwest Airlines Co.’s operational emergency stretched into a fifth day Tuesday, with double the normal number of planes taken out of service daily because of mechanical issues.

The carrier notified workers Feb. 15 of the situation, saying maintenance employees risked being fired if they declined to take overtime assignments or failed to show up for work as scheduled, unless they have a doctor’s note. The Dallas-based carrier has been in contract talks with the union representing mechanics for more than six years.
When we're talking airplanes, maintenance workers are the one group that I would not want to have disgruntled or forced to work overtime...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 07:12:25 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor
Retirement 😀

Just remembered the Warden wanted to go to Costco today for something and I told her I would go with her and get a hot dog 🌭 for lunch.
There ya go!  Maybe hold her pocketbook too.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 07:13:48 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning Mayor
Retirement

Tony, that's about a helpful as a priest giving a sex ed talk....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 07:14:47 AM »

Morning Rick, Tony, Dave and Dave.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »

Bean better change airlines 🤔

(Bloomberg) -- Southwest Airlines Co.’s operational emergency stretched into a fifth day Tuesday, with double the normal number of planes taken out of service daily because of mechanical issues.

The carrier notified workers Feb. 15 of the situation, saying maintenance employees risked being fired if they declined to take overtime assignments or failed to show up for work as scheduled, unless they have a doctor’s note. The Dallas-based carrier has been in contract talks with the union representing mechanics for more than six years.
When we're talking airplanes, maintenance workers are the one group that I would not want to have disgruntled or forced to work overtime...
Exactly, worse that pissing off the proctologist!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 07:17:58 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Feb. 20, the 51st day of 2019. There are 314 days left in the year.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT IN HISTORY:

On Feb. 20, 2003, a fire sparked by pyrotechnics broke out during a concert by the group Great White at The Station nightclub in West Warwick, Rhode Island, killing 100 people and injuring about 200 others.

ON THIS DATE:
In 1792, President George Washington signed an act creating the United States Post Office Department.
In 1862, William Wallace Lincoln, the 11-year-old son of President Abraham Lincoln and first lady Mary Todd Lincoln, died at the White House, apparently of typhoid fever.
In 1905, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, upheld, 7-2, compulsory vaccination laws intended to protect the public's health.
In 1907, President Theodore Roosevelt signed an immigration act which excluded "idiots, imbeciles, feebleminded persons, epileptics, insane persons" from being admitted to the United States.
In 1938, Anthony Eden resigned as British foreign secretary following Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's decision to negotiate with Italian dictator Benito Mussolini.
In 1942, Lt. Edward "Butch" O'Hare became the U.S. Navy's first flying ace of World War II by shooting down five Japanese bombers while defending the aircraft carrier USS Lexington in the South Pacific.
In 1950, the U.S. Supreme Court, in United States v. Rabinowitz, ruled 5-3 that authorities making a lawful arrest did not need a warrant to search and seize evidence in an area that was in the "immediate and complete control" of the suspect.
In 1962, astronaut John Glenn became the first American to orbit the Earth as he flew aboard Project Mercury's Friendship 7 spacecraft, which circled the globe three times in a flight lasting 4 hours, 55 minutes and 23 seconds before splashing down safely in the Atlantic Ocean 800 miles southeast of Bermuda.
In 1965, America's Ranger 8 spacecraft crashed on the moon, as planned, after sending back thousands of pictures of the lunar surface.
In 1971, the National Emergency Warning Center in Colorado erroneously ordered U.S. radio and TV stations off the air; some stations heeded the alert, which was not lifted for about 40 minutes.
In 1987, a bomb left by Unabomber Ted Kaczynski exploded behind a computer store in Salt Lake City, seriously injuring store owner Gary Wright. Soviet authorities released Jewish activist Josef Begun.
In 1999, movie reviewer Gene Siskel died at a hospital outside Chicago at age 53.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9