Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Happy Valentine's Day! -  2/14/2019  (Read 9157 times)

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! -  2/14/2019

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -The winner of the $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot that was sold in Simpsonville, South Carolina last October still has not come forward.

The winner has until April 21, 2019, to come forward and claim the prize.
And SC will be out of their 60 mil in expected taxes that they already had in the budget.
What happens to the money if it goes unclaimed?
If the ticket goes unclaimed, Mega Millions will return the funds to its member states. In South Carolina, that would be about $11 million. The state would miss out on any taxes collected from the winnings.
Hmm, let's see.  7% rate on lottery winnings in SC, applied to $1.5B is $105M.  So the state stands to loose out on $94M if unclaimed.  Ouch.
SC doesn’t care they will just fook  us taxpayers some more.
Indeed they will.  We're about to get f'ked on our local electrical rate as the City of Georgetown in their great green wisdom made a long term deal to buy renewable energy from West Texas.  The City had to commit to buying way more than needed, figuring they would sell the excess to the grid.  Lo & behold wholesale electric rates have come down, and now the City is loosing money on the deal.  Guess who gets it in the ass to make up the difference?
Been getting fuct on utility  rates here since the late 1800’s

[...]

Renewable energy as long as the federal guvimint keeps handing out the tax breaks.

[...]

Threebean!  That’s who.

[...]

Municipalities should not be selling energy in this day and age anyway.  Deregulation happened 25 years ago. FMTT.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]