Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

1980, Republican Ronald Reagan won the White House as he defeated President Jimmy Carter by a strong margin.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1991, Ronald Reagan opened his presidential library in Simi Valley, California; in attendance were President George H.W. Bush and former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Gerald R. Ford and Richard Nixon — the first-ever gathering of five past and present U.S. chief executives.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1995, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a right-wing Israeli minutes after attending a festive peace rally.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Remember to go and vote today!!

In 2008, Democrat Barack Obama was elected the first black president of the United States, defeating Republican John McCain.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Following his re-election victory, President George W. Bush pledged to aggressively pursue major changes in Social Security, the tax code and medical malpractice awards. It was revealed that Elizabeth Edwards, wife of former Democratic vice-presidential candidate John Edwards, had been diagnosed with breast cancer the same day her husband and Sen. John Kerry conceded the 2004 presidential race. (Mrs. Edwards died of the disease in Dec. 2010 at age 61.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: An Italian judge convicted 23 Americans in absentia along with two Italians in the kidnapping of an Egyptian terror suspect, delivering the first legal convictions anywhere in the world against people involved in the CIA's extraordinary renditions program. The New York Yankees won the World Series, beating the defending champion Philadelphia Phillies 7-3 in Game 6 behind Hideki Matsui's record-tying six RBIs. Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy was released after serving most of a 15-month sentence in a gambling scandal.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi, refusing to wear a prisoner jumpsuit, entered the dock at the start of his trial on murder charges in a dark suit, defiantly questioning the legitimacy of the court and proclaiming himself still Egypt's leader. In Tehran's largest anti-U.S. rally in years, tens of thousands of demonstrators joined in chants of "death to America" as hard-liners directed a major show of resolve against President Hassan Rouhani's outreach to Washington.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actress Doris Roberts is 84. Actress Loretta Swit is 77. Rhythm-and-blues singer Harry Elston (Friends of Distinction) is 76. Blues singer Delbert McClinton is 74. Former first lady Laura Bush is 68. Actress Markie Post is 64. Rock singer-musician Chris Difford (Squeeze) is 60. Country singer Kim Forester (The Forester Sisters) is 54. Actress-comedian Kathy Griffin is 54. Actor Ralph Macchio is 53. "Survivor" host Jeff Probst is 53. Rock singer-musician Wayne Static (Static-X) is 49. Actor Matthew McConaughey is 45. Rapper-producer Sean "Puffy" Combs is 45. Talk show host Bethenny Frankel is 44. Soul/jazz singer Gregory Porter is 43. Rhythm-and-blues singer Shawn Rivera (Az Yet) is 43. Actress Heather Tom is 39. Rhythm-and-blues/gospel singer George Huff is 34. Actress Gillian Zinser (TV: "90210") is 29.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no independence quite so important, as living within your means." — President Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Deer Camp
-------------------------

The guys were all at a deer camp. No one wanted to room with Bob, because he snored so badly.
They decided it wasn't fair to make one of them stay with him
the whole time, so they voted to take turns. The first guy slept with Bob and comes to breakfast the next
morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all bloodshot.
They said, 'Man, what happened to you?

He said, 'Bob snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him
all night. '

The next night it was a different guy's turn. In the morning, same thing - hair all
standing up, eyes all bloodshot. They said, 'Man, what happened to you? You look awful!'

He said, 'Man, that Bob shakes the roof
with his snoring. I watched him all night .'

The third night was Pete's turn. Pete was a big burly
ex-Navy man; a man's man. The next morning he came to breakfast bright eyed and bushy
tailed. ' Good morning,' he said.

They couldn't believe it!
They said, 'Man, what happened?'

He said, 'Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked Bob
into bed, patted him on the butt, and kissed him good night.
Bob sat up and watched me all night.'

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Logged

dwgbryant

good morning Chip. somehow I got talked into driving half way across the state to visit a bunch of drunks this morning. I wish I knew how to say 'no'.

warmer out. 50°. ha ha ha.

New Wave and coffee here.
Logged

dwgbryant

Happy Birthday Joe !!!!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

good morning Chip. somehow I got talked into driving half way across the state to visit a bunch of drunks this morning. I wish I knew how to say 'no'.

warmer out. 50°. ha ha ha.

New Wave and coffee here.
You just need to take lessons from the women folk, they for sure know how to say no.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12