Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

I Mondays.
When you work the weekends, it's just another day. 1 day closer to opening day of baseball and golfing.
That's being optimistic. I was hard pressed trying to find that silver lining.

Good morning, Dean, Dave, and Rick.

Good morning, Dean, Dave, and Rick.
Morning Mayor T.

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.
Never mind, the advisory is for tomorrow. Today, it's just sub freezing temps.

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.
Our advisory is tomorrow. Be safe out there.

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.
Never mind, the advisory is for tomorrow. Today, it's just sub freezing temps.

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.
Our advisory is tomorrow. Be safe out there.
Yeah, I saw that. I guess I just had sleepy eyes.

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.
Never mind, the advisory is for tomorrow. Today, it's just sub freezing temps.
Careful, your overwhelming ignorance is showing.

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.
Never mind, the advisory is for tomorrow. Today, it's just sub freezing temps.
Careful, your overwhelming ignorance is showing.
GFY Asshole

We have a winter weather advisory here. Should be a fun commute day.
Never mind, the advisory is for tomorrow. Today, it's just sub freezing temps.
Should be today too, roads are going to be slick.

Morning SCDave, FloriDean, BoilerChillerRick, Mr. Mayor and LTG.

Today is Monday, Feb. 11, the 42nd day of 2019. There are 323 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

 On Feb. 11, 1990, South African black activist Nelson Mandela was freed after 27 years in captivity.
On this date:

In 1531, the Church of England grudgingly accepted King Henry VIII as its supreme head.
In 1929, the Lateran Treaty was signed, with Italy recognizing the independence and sovereignty of Vatican City.
In 1937, a six-week-old sit-down strike against General Motors ended, with the company agreeing to recognize the United Automobile Workers Union.
In 1945, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Soviet leader Josef Stalin signed the Yalta Agreement, in which Stalin agreed to declare war against Imperial Japan following Nazi Germany’s capitulation.
In 1963, American author and poet Sylvia Plath was found dead in her London flat, a suicide; she was 30.
In 1968, New York City’s fourth and current Madison Square Garden, located on Manhattan’s West Side at the site of what used to be the Pennsylvania Station building, opened with a “Salute to the USO” hosted by Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. (The same evening, the New York Rangers played their final game at the third Garden, tying the Detroit Red Wings 3-3.)
In 1979, followers of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (hoh-MAY’-nee) seized power in Iran.
In 1986, Soviet dissident Natan Sharansky was released by the Soviet Union after nine years of captivity as part of an East-West prisoner exchange.
In 2006, Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded Harry Whittington, a companion during a weekend quail-hunting trip in Texas.
In 2008, the Pentagon charged Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (HAH’-leed shayk moh-HAH’-med) and five other detainees at Guantanamo Bay with murder and war crimes in connection with the Sept. 11 attacks.
In 2012, pop singer Whitney Houston, 48, was found dead in a hotel room bathtub in Beverly Hills, California.
In 2013, with a few words in Latin, Pope Benedict XVI did what no pope had done in more than half a millennium: announced his resignation. The bombshell came during a routine morning meeting of Vatican cardinals. (The 85-year-old pontiff was succeeded by Pope Francis.)

Morning SCDave, FloriDean, BoilerChillerRick, Mr. Mayor and LTG.
Morning ? Dave

Ten years ago: The nation’s top bankers went before the House Financial Services Committee, pledging to build public trust with greater lending and fewer perks. All-Star shortstop Miguel Tejada pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about steroids in baseball. (He was sentenced to a year’s probation.) Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., who first went to Congress in 1955, became the longest-serving member of the U.S. House of Representatives. President Robert Mugabe (moo-GAH’-bay) swore in longtime rival Morgan Tsvangirai (SVAHNG’-ur-eye) as Zimbabwe’s prime minister.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama, during a joint White House news conference with French President Francois Hollande, vowed to come down like “a ton of bricks” on businesses that violated Iranian sanctions while nuclear negotiations were under way, and conceded “enormous frustration” with stalled Syrian peace talks. At the Sochi Games, Carina Vogt of Germany won women’s ski jumping’s first-ever Olympic gold medal.

One year ago: A Russian passenger plane crashed into a snowy field six minutes after taking off from Moscow, killing all 65 passengers and six crew members; investigators would blame human error, saying the pilots had received flawed air speed readings after failing to turn on a heating unit for the measurement equipment. Amid swirling winds, 17-year-old snowboarder Red Gerard won the United States’ first gold medal of the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea, capturing the men’s slopestyle event. Singer Vic Damone, who possessed what Frank Sinatra once called “the best pipes in the business,” died in Florida at the age of 89.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9