CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 2/10/2019  (Read 4626 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/10/2019
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 10:19:40 AM »

had a pretty good turn out yesterday. about 75 people and 11 chili entries. nice seeing people I hadn't seen in awhile. speaker was kind of lame though.
What kind of chili took top Honor?
I was too busy to partake in any but from what I heard there was one really hot one that people praised. I do know a meatless chili tied for 4th place.
Weren't you entering?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »

had a pretty good turn out yesterday. about 75 people and 11 chili entries. nice seeing people I hadn't seen in awhile. speaker was kind of lame though.
I was too busy to partake in any but from what I heard there was one really hot one that people praised. I do know a meatless chili tied for 4th place.
Weren't you entering?
Yes but that was after he got home😂

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2019, 10:30:28 AM »

Weren't you entering?
I was MC, and we have a new Events Chair that has no clue to what needed to be done. I just directed him and a few others and it went pretty smoothly.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 11:17:38 AM »

Meeting the boy and DIL for some Mexican food.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »

Weren't you entering?
Yes but that was after he got home
Hahaha.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2019, 11:18:47 AM »

Weren't you entering?
I was MC, and we have a new Events Chair that has no clue to what needed to be done. I just directed him and a few others and it went pretty smoothly.
Did they find you a tall stool? How are you feeling?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »

You're definitely doing something right.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »

Weren't you entering?
I dragged one out of the church music room and found a podium.
ended up needing my cane after awhile. feeling okay now. recovering. waiting for NASCAR and PGA.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2019, 12:34:43 PM »

Weren't you entering?
ended up needing my cane after awhile. feeling okay now. recovering. waiting for NASCAR and PGA.
Glad you're feeling better. What's the status on the garage hot tub?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »

You're definitely doing something right.
Good lunch, time for a nap 💤

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »

Hundreds of gun owners in Florida have been ordered to give up their guns under a new law that took effect after the deadly Parkland shooting in February, according to a report published Monday.

The Risk Protection Order, signed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott just three weeks after a gunman killed 17 people at Stoneman Douglas, aims to temporarily remove weapons from gun owners who have been deemed by a judge to possibly be a threat to themselves or others.

Roughly 200 firearms have been confiscated in the state since the law was enacted, Sgt. Jason Schmittendorf, of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, told WFTS-TV. "Around 30,000 rounds of ammunition" were also taken, he said.

A five-person team in the county that's worked solely on the risk protection law reportedly has filed 64 risk protection petitions in court. Broward County, according to the news outlet, has filed 88 risk protection petitions since March.

"It’s a constitutional right to bear arms and when you are asking the court to deprive somebody of that right we need to make sure we are making good decisions, right decisions and the circumstances warrant it,” Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told the station in defense of the task force.

Every petition filed under the order in Pinellas County has so far been granted by the judge, according to the report.

The first gun seizure under the law occurred in April when Florida authorities confiscated an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle from an Army veteran.

Jerron Smith's gun was seized when he refused to surrender it voluntarily, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said at the time. The officers also seized a .22 caliber rifle he owned, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, a bump stock and numerous other weapon-related items.

In addition to confiscating guns, the law also raised the age to buy a rifle to 21 and established a three-day waiting period on gun purchases.
Figures From The California Justice Department Show That Gun Confiscations Are Surging Under The State’s Red Flag Law.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports there were 86 gun confiscation orders issued in California in 2016 and 104 in 2017. There were 424 orders issued in 2018.

The surge is largely due to approaches adopted by counties like San Diego, where the state-level adoption of a red flag law opened the door to county and municipal confiscatory plans.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2019, 01:00:32 PM »

is getting a tan rascist?
Potentially, but definitely if you use white lip protectant.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2019, 01:24:35 PM »

Weren't you entering?
Glad you're feeling better. What's the status on the garage hot tub?
found 3 more holes in seams. going to make sure it holds air before I fill with water this time.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »

All you guys that know him laws...Is it true if a state decides to legalize dope but you are a 2nd amendment law abiding citizen and you legally smoke marijuana they can take your guns? Sounds like a trap to me.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »

All you guys that know him laws...Is it true if a state decides to legalize dope but you are a 2nd amendment law abiding citizen and you legally smoke marijuana they can take your guns? Sounds like a trap to me.
Gun not him
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5