CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 2/10/2019  (Read 4614 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 2/10/2019
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »

Armed with New Power, Democrats the Communist Party Pushes for Stricter US Gun Laws

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/902027/16
they started confiscating guns in Florida already.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 09:34:25 AM »

Hundreds of gun owners in Florida have been ordered to give up their guns under a new law that took effect after the deadly Parkland shooting in February, according to a report published Monday.

The Risk Protection Order, signed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott just three weeks after a gunman killed 17 people at Stoneman Douglas, aims to temporarily remove weapons from gun owners who have been deemed by a judge to possibly be a threat to themselves or others.

Roughly 200 firearms have been confiscated in the state since the law was enacted, Sgt. Jason Schmittendorf, of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, told WFTS-TV. "Around 30,000 rounds of ammunition" were also taken, he said.

A five-person team in the county that's worked solely on the risk protection law reportedly has filed 64 risk protection petitions in court. Broward County, according to the news outlet, has filed 88 risk protection petitions since March.

"It’s a constitutional right to bear arms and when you are asking the court to deprive somebody of that right we need to make sure we are making good decisions, right decisions and the circumstances warrant it,” Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told the station in defense of the task force.

Every petition filed under the order in Pinellas County has so far been granted by the judge, according to the report.

The first gun seizure under the law occurred in April when Florida authorities confiscated an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle from an Army veteran.

Jerron Smith's gun was seized when he refused to surrender it voluntarily, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said at the time. The officers also seized a .22 caliber rifle he owned, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, a bump stock and numerous other weapon-related items.

In addition to confiscating guns, the law also raised the age to buy a rifle to 21 and established a three-day waiting period on gun purchases.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 09:49:56 AM »

is getting a tan rascist?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »

No worries. I didn't think tstat because car has maintained temp.
This is what happens when you don't sleep much. I was texting a friend and had this tab open. Imanass
I spent several minutes trying to interpret that last post. Glad you let us off the hook.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »

Hundreds of gun owners in Florida have been ordered to give up their guns under a new law that took effect after the deadly Parkland shooting in February, according to a report published Monday.

The Risk Protection Order, signed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott just three weeks after a gunman killed 17 people at Stoneman Douglas, aims to temporarily remove weapons from gun owners who have been deemed by a judge to possibly be a threat to themselves or others.

Roughly 200 firearms have been confiscated in the state since the law was enacted, Sgt. Jason Schmittendorf, of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, told WFTS-TV. "Around 30,000 rounds of ammunition" were also taken, he said.

A five-person team in the county that's worked solely on the risk protection law reportedly has filed 64 risk protection petitions in court. Broward County, according to the news outlet, has filed 88 risk protection petitions since March.

"It’s a constitutional right to bear arms and when you are asking the court to deprive somebody of that right we need to make sure we are making good decisions, right decisions and the circumstances warrant it,” Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told the station in defense of the task force.

Every petition filed under the order in Pinellas County has so far been granted by the judge, according to the report.

The first gun seizure under the law occurred in April when Florida authorities confiscated an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle from an Army veteran.

Jerron Smith's gun was seized when he refused to surrender it voluntarily, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said at the time. The officers also seized a .22 caliber rifle he owned, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, a bump stock and numerous other weapon-related items.

In addition to confiscating guns, the law also raised the age to buy a rifle to 21 and established a three-day waiting period on gun purchases.
Broward County has basically become the NYC of Florida.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:02 AM »

This is what happens when you don't sleep much. I was texting a friend and had this tab open. Imanass
I spent several minutes trying to interpret that last post. Glad you let us off the hook.
Think about me trying to figure out WTF he was talking about at 5:15 in the morning 🤔

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »

Morning LateToWorkMayor

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:44 AM »

Guess I will take the dogs out.
Who?! Who?! Who-who-who?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:46 AM »

Think about me trying to figure out WTF he was talking about at 5:15 in the morning
I did an oops. I was going to post to this site in between text's to a friend who knows his cars. I was waking up and returning to work after a four hour night of sleep.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:10 AM »

Vince Young on his second DWI arrest: 'Just an allegation, I'm not guilty'

The College Football Hall of Famer and Pro Bowl selection was arrested at 4:30 a.m. Monday and discharged from jail on a $500 bail.

Young allegedly had slurred speech, a strong odor of alcohol and failed all sobriety tests, according to police.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 10:07:42 AM »

Think about me trying to figure out WTF he was talking about at 5:15 in the morning
I did an oops. I was going to post to this site in between text's to a friend who knows his cars. I was waking up and returning to work after a four hour night of sleep.
That is a lot better than sending a text to the last person you texted rather than the person you thought you were texting.  I have done that more than once and sometimes it did not so good.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »

That is a lot better than sending a text to the last person you texted rather 5han the person you thought you were texting.  I have done that more than once and sometimes it did not so good.
I've been burning the candle at both ends. My job demands a lot of my time and energy. Thankfully, I have a fantastic family so I must be doing something right

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 10:14:08 AM »

Something for the Mayor when he wakes up
Never knew I loved those so much. Very cool.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 10:16:31 AM »

Something for the Mayor when he wakes up
Never knew I loved those so much. Very cool.
Tug Boat traffic has picked up quite a bit lately, used to see one or two a month at most.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 10:17:24 AM »

is getting a tan rascist?
I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5