CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 2/7/2019  (Read 5955 times)

Threebean

Re: 2/7/2019
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2019, 11:40:10 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Four hours after I left the Central Washington University campus yesterday after visiting my son, there was an active shooter report and the campus locked down. Fun times.
Was it credible?
Hmm...I'm wondering what a "credible" report would look like. As it turns out, was a false report. So...no?
Perhaps this will help.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/credible
Sure. So it was credible...until it wasn't.
Thank you, Bill Clinton.
So, someone calls 911 and says there is an active shooter at Lind Hall on campus. Upon what grounds does 911 assess whether the call is credible? Their tone of voice?

So it was credible. It was also false. Is that better, Mr. Starr?
The 911 operator is not in a position to judge credibility.  It's just a report.  Authorities may take action based on the report, but that does not cause it to be credible.  Only investigation will resolve its credibility.  Does that help, Mr. Mueller?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2019, 11:44:40 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Four hours after I left the Central Washington University campus yesterday after visiting my son, there was an active shooter report and the campus locked down. Fun times.
Was it credible?
Hmm...I'm wondering what a "credible" report would look like. As it turns out, was a false report. So...no?
Perhaps this will help.
Thank you, Bill Clinton.
So, someone calls 911 and says there is an active shooter at Lind Hall on campus. Upon what grounds does 911 assess whether the call is credible? Their tone of voice?

The 911 operator is not in a position to judge credibility.  It's just a report.  Authorities may take action based on the report, but that does not cause it to be credible.  Only investigation will resolve its credibility.  Does that help, Mr. Mueller?
Ah, okay, so credibility comes later. Okay, then. So after massive mobilization, lockdown, and evacuation of several buildings, the report was determined not to be credible.

And by the way, I didn't cause the report. I was nowhere near Lind Hall.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2019, 11:45:04 AM »

"incredible"

Threebean

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »

Was it credible?
Perhaps this will help.
Thank you, Bill Clinton.

Ah, okay, so credibility comes later. Okay, then. So after massive mobilization, lockdown, and evacuation of several buildings, the report was determined not to be credible.

Let us know how it goes for you once the investigators are through reviewing the day's campus camera footage.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2019, 12:02:13 PM »

Was it credible?
Perhaps this will help.
Thank you, Bill Clinton.

Let us know how it goes for you once the investigators are through reviewing the day's campus camera footage.
They don't have xray cameras, so I'm not worried.

Threebean

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2019, 01:26:03 PM »

Plausible deniability lull.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2019, 02:26:08 PM »

Back from the boat ride, time to select a cigar.

Very pleasant out on the water, went out to the Georgetown Lighthouse.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2019, 02:30:46 PM »

Gun Banners Return to Handguns

Keep your eyes open for this return to calls for restrictions on handgun ownership. It will not replace the efforts to ban modern rifles. It's just further evidence that the goal is to ban all guns, of any design, or any capacity, and to do it by demonizing every subset which exists.

Here's my straight-up prediction. This year we will face the most serious threats, in the form of gun bans, "red flag" gun confiscation bills, bans on private gun sales ("universal background checks"), and more, that we have seen since the disastrous 1994 Brady Bill and the so-called "Assault Weapon Ban." It's happening right now.

There will be no sunset provisions to anything passed this year. If we lose it, it will be gone.

Tom Gresham

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2019, 02:47:12 PM »

601 Blue Toro fired up.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »

Rep. Scalise: Democrat Anti-Gun Bill Makes It Illegal to Loan Shotgun to Friend for Hunting– With One Year in Jail and $100,000 Fine .

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »

New Jersey Residents to Be Hit with ‘Rain Tax’ ;D

New Jersey Residents Could Soon See Their Hard-earned Dollars Go Down The Drain If Democrat Gov. Phil Murphy Decides To Sign Recently Passed Legislation From New Jersey’s Legislature Allowing For A “rain Tax.”

The legislation, Senate Bill S-1073, which the New Jersey Assembly and Senate approved, would allow local governments to create water utilities that would give them the power to tax homeowners and business owners with large paved surfaces.

When it rains, the rainwater mixes with pollutants and seeps into municipal sewage systems. The money collected would replace or repair sewage pipes or create “green infrastructure,” such as rain gardens that would collect polluted water.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »

Frank Robinson, Hall of Famer and MLB’s First Black Manager, Dead at 83

Robinson died Thursday after battling illness.

He played for five MLB teams from 1956 to 1976. He won the Triple Crown, was a member of two teams that won the World Series (the 1966 and 1970 Baltimore Orioles), and amassed the fourth-most career home runs at the time of his retirement (he is currently 10th). Robinson was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1982.

Robinson was the first black manager in MLB history. He managed the Cleveland Indians during the last two years of his playing career, compiling a 186–189 record. He went on to manage the San Francisco Giants, the Baltimore Orioles, and the Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals. He is the honorary President of the American League.

RIP Frank

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2019, 02:58:50 PM »

SOME OF HER GREEN PLAN (Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez):
* Upgrade or replace every building in US
* Build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary (includes trains    over the oceans)
* Decommission every nuclear power plant in 10 years

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »

Banter Decommissioned Lull?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member