Black Betty, Black Betty, bam-ba-lam
Looky here, Black Betty, bam-ba-lam
Jump steady, Black Betty, bam-ba-lam

Etta James:
You got me runnin', you got me hidin'
You got me run, hide, hide, run, any way you wanna let it roll
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me doin' what you want me to, baby why ya' wanna let go
I'm goin' up, I'm goin' down
I'm goin' up, down, down, up, any way you wanna let it roll
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me doin' what you want me to, baby why ya' wanna let go
You got me peepin', you got me hidin'
You got me peep, hide, hide, peep, any way you wanna let it roll,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me doin' what you want me to, baby why ya' wanna let go

Morning SCDave, FrostbiteDave and Bean.
Still traveling or just posting.

@Tony. can members change their user name or is that an administrator issue?
He charged me $50 to do it.
Bastige!

Dean tripping down memory lane.  As long as we're doing songs, play this and see if it doesn't get stuck in your head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE51qQ2Rb8c

RazMan.

Gainesville Sun

Entertainment & Life
Six Gun Weekend to get wild near Williston

By Rick Allen / Correspondent
Posted Jan 30, 2019 at 9:29 AM
Updated Jan 30, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Six Gun Wild West Weekend is a mini replica of the Western-themed attraction that operated from 1963 to 1983.

Typically overlooked when folks reminisce about Six Gun Territory is the 20th Century corner for wee ones who’d had enough of dusty streets, gunslingers and can can dancers.

Fun Land in the County Fair was beyond a concrete wall bordering the Wild West town in the now-defunct theme park on Ocala’s east side. It was a double handful of carnival rides for young and old.

“This year we added Fort Kirby, a nice new playground for the kids,” said Daryl Kirby, owner of Kirby Family Farm near Williston and a coordinator of the annual Six Gun Wild West Weekends. The next Wild West weekend runs Saturday and Sunday at Kirby Family Farm.

Also taking a significant role this year is a new stage built onto the platform of the old park’s original train depot, which was moved to the farm in 2016.

Decades ago, park guests would ride an old train from the parking area to the terminal, which welcomed them to the frontier town. It was a short train ride that was always held up by desperados at the attraction off Silver Springs Boulevard — where Six Gun Plaza is today. Restoring the depot’s interior is a project for another day, Kirby said.

Six Gun Wild West Weekend is a mini replica of the Western-themed attraction that operated from 1963 to 1983. A family affair held in the spirit of the old attraction, the event features Wild West shootouts, can can dancing, train holdups and an overeager undertaker — much like the original park’s marquee activities.

Many one-time Six Gun actors will re-enact their roles from 40 years ago.

When: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday

Where: Kirby Family Farm, 19650 NE 30th St., Williston

Cost: $20 for ages 10 and older in advance, $25 at the gate; $14 for ages 3-9 in advance; ticket is good for both days

Info: 812-7435 and www.Kirbyfarm.com

Good morning. One of the worst winter storms I have been in and I am so glad to finally get a day off of work to get some things done at home. Coffee going and cigar soon.

Those la Gran llave look tempting at CI

Good morning. One of the worst winter storms I have been in and I am so glad to finally get a day off of work to get some things done at home. Coffee going and cigar soon.
Good For You on the day off!

Guess I will get ready for the day and find something to do like getting some lunch after my walk.

Good morning. One of the worst winter storms I have been in and I am so glad to finally get a day off of work to get some things done at home. Coffee going and cigar soon.
Glad you survived.

Good morning. One of the worst winter storms I have been in and I am so glad to finally get a day off of work to get some things done at home. Coffee going and cigar soon.
make sure you turn your phone off.
morning Rick.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11