Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

  • Administrator
1/11/2019
« on: January 11, 2019, 01:35:31 AM »

It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:51:01 AM »

Morning Sleeping Beauties!

“I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake.” – Lewis Black

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:56:57 AM »

FMTT’s, it’s 29° here and wind chill is 21°, SHEESH!

Mostly sunny but only mid 40’s for a high today.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 06:05:59 AM »

Thought for the year:

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 06:15:08 AM »

Odds of this actually ever occurring have to be pretty low.  Westlake is historically a TX power house football program and UT Farm Team Program in the Austin area.  Common to see UT Coaching Staff on the sidelines.

A bit of trivia :  the Westlake football stadium was used for filming the Friday Night Lights home field.

Another bit of family trivia:  my son went to nearby Westwood High School and was a starting offensive guard for the first Westwood team to beat Westlake.

AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Westlake football takes center stage this weekend in the NFL playoffs when Nick Foles and the Eagles travel to New Orleans to take on Drew Brees and the Saints in the NFC divisional round.

Not only are both quarterbacks Super Bowl MVP winners, they both graduated from Westlake High School.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 06:21:06 AM »

Early morning cigar offers are extremely weak, perhaps pathetic would be more accurate.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:25:30 AM »

Jayme Closs, Wisconsin Teen Missing Since Last October, HAS BEEN FOUND ALIVE

https://breaking911.com/breaking-news-jayme-closs-wisconsin-teen-missing-since-last-october-has-been-found-alive/

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 06:29:49 AM »

+1 for the good people!

Woman With Concealed Carry Permit Fatally Shoots Would-Be Robber In Chicago

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 06:34:37 AM »

Dean is sleeping in so guess I will post his news stories too.  This is crazy, by the way it is a Rotor NOT a Propeller.  She’s!

BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (FOX 13) - A man died when he was hit by the propeller of a helicopter at the Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport Thursday, according to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/death-investigation-underway-near-brooksville-airport

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 06:39:02 AM »

SHEESH!

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 06:43:11 AM »

Long ago they had pretty good pizza’s for a chain.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Gatti's pizza chain, which originated in Austin in 1969, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Jan. 4.

The Gatti's brand includes several variations, including Gatti's Pizza, Mr. Gatti's and GattiLand. The company filed bankruptcy under the name Gatti's Great Pizza, Inc. and is owned by Sovrano, LLC.

They currently operate over 100 locations nationwide.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 07:05:49 AM »

Good morning, SCDave. Thanks for holding down the fort.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 07:07:00 AM »

Took the day off to attend my friend's funeral. I'll be scarce today.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 07:10:14 AM »

Took the day off to attend my friend's funeral. I'll be scarce today.
Morning, Tony. How's that Go Fund Me page going?

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 07:10:22 AM »

Good morning OneDave and Won'tBeAroundTony. Sorry about your friend.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8