Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2019, 10:42:40 AM »

Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have a much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
That bizarre weather pattern over there has probably really hampered your construction
Indeed.  Hoping it's done end of the month, but it depends on the weather.

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2019, 10:43:41 AM »

I changed some settings... Hope that works. I think it's time to run to 7/11 for a cup of coffee.
Welcome to the bant....oh wait.
A new troll🤔

Mayor better get his ass back to work!
Logged

boilerchillerman

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2019, 10:44:20 AM »

Just another noob

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2019, 11:37:34 AM »

Morning SCDave, ConferenceDean, PoopyRick and BrunchTony.
Hardly a brunch. Starbucks coffee and some BSing. Stopped by QuickChek for a 2nd cup on the way home.

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »

Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
Definitely. But I can't remember if it's a Tapatalk setting or the site itself.

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2019, 11:41:17 AM »

Good morning, NJDave and TXMark.
Logged

boilerchillerman

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »

Do you guys know if you can turn off notifications going to your email for this site? I get a lot of emails and it would cut down on some.
Definitely. But I can't remember if it's a Tapatalk setting or the site itself.
I logged on the desktop. I should be all set. I must be special having all these happy poop's

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2019, 12:57:18 PM »

I changed some settings... Hope that works. I think it's time to run to 7/11 for a cup of coffee.
Changed a couple of them all right....

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »

Just another noob
Actually, we don't have many of those.  Welcome!

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »

Some other notable birthdays:

1580 John Smith, English explorer (Chesapeake Bay, New England) and leader of the Virginia Colony (Jamestown), born in Lincolnshire, England (d. 1861)

1822 Heinrich Schliemann, German archaeologist who rediscovered Troy, born in Neubukow, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, German Confederation (d. 1890

1832 Gustave Doré, French painter and sculptor, born in Strasbourg, France (d. 1883)

1878 Carl Sandburg, American poet & biographer of Lincoln (The People, Yes), born in Galesburg, Illinois (d. 1967)

1880 Tom Mix [Thomas Hezikiah Mix], American silent screen cowboy actor (Dick Turpin), born in Mix Run, Pennsylvania (d. 1940)

1883 Khalil Gibran, Lebanese mystic & poet (The Prophet, Broken Wings), born in Bsharri, Lebanon (d. 1931)

1912 Danny Thomas, American comedian (Danny Thomas Show), born in Deerfield, Michigan (d. 1991)

1913 Loretta Young, American actress (Farmer's Daughter, Stranger), born in Salt Lake City, Utah (d. 2000)

1924 Earl Scruggs, American musician (& Flat-Ballad of Jed Clampett), born in Cleveland County, North Carolina (d. 2012)

1931 E. L. Doctorow, American author (Ragtime, Billy Bathgate), born in The Bronx, New York (d. 2015)

1937 Lou Holtz, American football coach (NJ Jets), born in Follansbee, West Virginia

1940 Van McCoy, American musician and songwriter (The Hustle), born in Englewood, New Jersey (d. 1979)

1946 Syd Barrett, English guitarist and early vocalist of the band Pink Floyd, born in Cambridge, England (d. 2006)
John Smith lived to be 281 yrs old?  Must have been a vampire.  Who knew.
Had to put one out there to see if my editor was working.

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »

Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
New place will have a covered front porch and an extended side sun room available for smoking.

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »

Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
New place will have a covered front porch and an extended side sun room available for smoking.
Save a couple of those Southern Draw for when I come visit!

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2019, 01:17:12 PM »

Fun article on the Clemson-Alabama setup.  If it needs a log in to read, message me.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/clemson-is-the-only-school-that-actually-wants-alabama-11546607657?mod=hp_major_pos25

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2019, 01:30:58 PM »

Good morning Daves, Rick, and SundayDriveTony.  Going to be another nice day here weatherwise.
Morning Bean, beautiful day here too and I hope to be able to actually enjoy a cigar myself on the balcony today.
I hear ya.  This little house we live in now doesn't have much of a backyard view.  The new place has a covered back deck.  No tugboat canal view, mind you, but it will do.  If it stops raining long enough for them to pour the flat work we can move.
New place will have a covered front porch and an extended side sun room available for smoking.
Save a couple of those Southern Draw for when I come visit!
For sure!

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »

GFY!  Just trying to get going again.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8